• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marlon Moore

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was updating my depth charts (I have one last draft on Tuesday night) and noticed that Marlon Moore is now the starter opposite Boldin. Courtesy of Rotoworld:

"It's time to start taking Moore seriously in re-draft leagues, not as a draft pick necessarily but putting him on the radar. He's started each of San Francisco's first three preseason games at "X" receiver, and Colin Kaepernick has the talent to elevate the performance of players around him. Through three preseason contests, Moore has four receptions for 44 yards, playing sparingly with the rest of San Francisco's first-team group."
While I don't feel that his preseason numbers are that impressive, he might be worth $1 (which is code for no one will probably be bidding on him).

Opinions?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him as a flier in really deep leagues, but I have a hard time believing he will see enough targets to be fantasy relevant this year.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone remember who the #2 WR for the Niners was last year?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone remember who the #2 WR for the Niners was last year?

The SF WR2 last season was a revolving door of candidates. Whether Smith or Kaps was QB. There was Manningham (449), Moss (434), and Williams (212).

Plus if one guy - Moore - has a legitimate chance to play opposite Boldin regularly until Crabtree returns, who knows? Based on M, M, and W above, there could be around 800-1000 yards at stake (and about 5 TD).

Not bad for a WR3. No?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he's worth a flier, but you can say that for just about anyone, but he's just not anywhere near my favorite flier. I've been watching the 49ers WR situation and I think he can do decently as 2nd receiver, but he wasn't very impressive in terms of a fantasy perspective. He only caught a few 10-yard passes - nothing over the top. He'll have a chance to make a big name for himself, but I think his success is more dependent on Kap putting up huge numbers than on his own skill set.

The coaching staff appears to like this Moore guy since he has been working pretty much exclusively with the starters, but I think if Manningham comes back healthy from PUP, he'll bump Moore down on the depth chart. The guy that appears to have some explosiveness to him is the rookie Quinton Patton. He has looked amazing since coming in from his injury in games 3 and 4, scoring a TD in both games. The problem is that he's currently further down on the depth chart. But over the course of the season, I think Patton will work himself up into a prominent role in the offense.

Randy Moss was the #2 WR last year. He had clearly lost a step and wasn't anywhere near as good as he had been. Manningham was outplaying him...then he got hurt. Then Kyle Williams came in and he was outplaying Moss...then he got hurt too. At the end of the year, it was just Crabtree and a bunch of scrubs (including Moss)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually had some hopes for Randy last year. Turned out he still had the attitude, just not the ability.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take marlon brown not marlon moore... dont get confused my the marlon... Marlon Brown will be the Ravens #1 by the end of the season...