• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners @ The Phillies Game Thread

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly all of his at bats against righties were pinch hitting roles. Let him start about 14 games in a row and this will average out. IMO.

I agree northeast. You have to play more than a few games to feel comfortable at the plate. Brown's had enough playing time this season and has gotten nowhere. Ruf proved something in 2013. I don't get Ryno's reasoning. It's plain dumb.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Asche, Ruf needs more consistent playing time and both of you will see a better team and a better Ruf. Sit Howard more often and play Ruf at first. We are a better team with Ruf and Sizemore in there and Brown should sit or trade his ass.

:agree:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with consistent playing time, Ruf would be well on his way to being a very productive player. Similarly, we are watching the emergence of Asche as he is getting better as he continues to play on a regular basis.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Asche, Ruf needs more consistent playing time and both of you will see a better team and a better Ruf. Sit Howard more often and play Ruf at first. We are a better team with Ruf and Sizemore in there and Brown should sit or trade his ass.

Good analogy. The problem is that it makes too much sense. Also as I said before Amaro won't allow it. Remember what he said about guys who get on base a lot? He wants guys who drive in runs. What an idiot! Who do they drive in but guys who get on base? The same Amaro that did not understand the difference between at bats and plate appearances!

That is one reason that he has been voted the worst GM in baseball!