• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners 2014/2015 Offseason

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea definitely would be down for switching out Miller with Taylor. I like Elias but getting a bonafide #2 starter would be amazing. I would jump on it but not sure they would do it but maybe. There are a lot of questions for them going forward. Harpers situation, Fister is a FA next year, Strasburg hits arbitration. Last year seemed like their year to make noise and it didnt pan out.

Why in such a hurry to get rid of Elias? Do you not think he can get better? Do you think we've seen the best he will everr be in the majors? He hit a rough patch in July last year, but he finished strong. His ERA over the last two months of the season was 2.51. I wouldn't traade unless we were certain we had a clear win in the trade. And when you determine what a clear win would be, you also have to factor in what you are losing from him over the next five years that the club can control his contract.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankee fan: Cano/Cabrera reunion would have been a disaster

A friend of mine, also a Yankee fan (probably the only Yankee fan that I allow to be my friend because I normally hate those douchbags) tells me that the reason the Yankees traded Cabrera was because of the bad influence he was on Cano - like hanging out in night clubs until closing time. But that was five years ago. Maybe the two have matured some since then.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in such a hurry to get rid of Elias? Do you not think he can get better? Do you think we've seen the best he will everr be in the majors? He hit a rough patch in July last year, but he finished strong. His ERA over the last two months of the season was 2.51. I wouldn't traade unless we were certain we had a clear win in the trade. And when you determine what a clear win would be, you also have to factor in what you are losing from him over the next five years that the club can control his contract.

i think it's more that options are limited if we want anything good

elias' curveball would be a lot to give up for sure, though

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it's more that options are limited if we want anything good

elias' curveball would be a lot to give up for sure, though

Yea Exactly. Elias showed me alot and shown more then Walker thus far. However the opportunity to acquire a guy to put behind Felix would be tough to pass up.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of James Loney? If we could get him fairly cheap what would you think of having him start against righties while Morrison starts vs Lefties?

The Rockies are said to be asking a lot in return for Morneau (Alvarez or Cosart from Marlins) so I don't think the M's will get him...... how about Loney?

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of James Loney? If we could get him fairly cheap what would you think of having him start against righties while Morrison starts vs Lefties?

The Rockies are said to be asking a lot in return for Morneau (Alvarez or Cosart from Marlins) so I don't think the M's will get him...... how about Loney?

I don't dislike Loney. It is odd to platoon two left handed hitters at first base. Not sure what their splits are. Loney can play everyday, I think if you add loney then Morrison is expendable.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dislike Loney. It is odd to platoon two left handed hitters at first base. Not sure what their splits are. Loney can play everyday, I think if you add loney then Morrison is expendable.

My bad, for some reason I thought Morrison was a righty and I didn't do my research because Morrison did hit lefties pretty well last season he hasn't throughout his career. Would still like to get Loney or Morneau though....

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Just read that the Padres are on the verge of completing a deal for Upton! They have totally reshaped their outfield in the past week!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal done.

Upton is a Padre.

Good for them for addressing their outfield. We still have a giant pile of shit, even with the wondrous platoon situation that could happen that seems to delight some of the people on here.

It's so close to being a complete team.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell do the Padres have the goods to pull in that many high-end players via trade in one offseason?
Did anyone think of them has having a stacked minor league system?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell do the Padres have the goods to pull in that many high-end players via trade in one offseason?
Did anyone think of them has having a stacked minor league system?

Well, if they did, they don't any more. I still believe that standing pat on this specific deal will be better off in the long run. We still have our young pitching core in tact, and with any luck we can make a big splash for Upton next offseason.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they didn't give up too much for a year of upton, either.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if they did, they don't any more. I still believe that standing pat on this specific deal will be better off in the long run. We still have our young pitching core in tact, and with any luck we can make a big splash for Upton next offseason.

giving up the equivalent of what the padres gave up for upton would have been wonderful. either we didn't have it/offer it, or z just didn't want any part of a deal for upton.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow good for the Padres. I can't imagine Upton is to thrilled about playing in Petco his FA year. I'm not crazy about how OF situation is shaking out at all but I guess I'm not surprised

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giving up the equivalent of what the padres gave up for upton would have been wonderful. either we didn't have it/offer it, or z just didn't want any part of a deal for upton.

Or the braves saw our farm system and wouldn't budge. they took lesser from the pads cause they got their "number 1" prospect, even if their number 1 used to be their number 4 before the other deals....

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the braves saw our farm system and wouldn't budge. they took lesser from the pads cause they got their "number 1" prospect, even if their number 1 used to be their number 4 before the other deals....

Yeah, that was the "have it" part of my post.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what the mariner equivalent would have been for upton in terms of prospects?

i don't. but i looked up what the padres gave up, and it wasn't equivalent to a walker imo.

our farm is certainly thin.