• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners 2014/2015 Offseason

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Hunter or Rios give us an uprade over Saunders in right or Ackley in left. I don't think the difference would enough to bother with. If they are going to replace Saunders or Ackley or Morrison, they need to be thinking bigger than guys like Hunter and Rios where all you would be doing is changing for the sake of change.

I like the Trumbo idea but he won't come cheap in terms of what player(s) we would have to surrender.
Upton is also a nice accquisition but you dont' want to give up too much for a guy in his walk year. Kemp is a better target but we don't match up well with the Dodgers in a trade. We'd probably need a third team involved that would want Saunders or Ackley.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trumbo might be cheaper....

Blanks has been given a lot of chances to break into an MLB lineup. When Billy Beane gives up on him, I think you have to take that as a sign that he's never going to amount to much.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blanks has been given a lot of chances to break into an MLB lineup. When Billy Beane gives up on him, I think you have to take that as a sign that he's never going to amount to much.

Injuries has been his problem and that is why Beane gave up on him. At a buy low price, $1M for one year, he is worth the risk. Trumbo is set to make $5M+. A lot more risk plus players given up. I would pass on him.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Hunter or Rios give us an uprade over Saunders in right or Ackley in left..

Depends on what Rios shows up. Seems to have some off years then comes back with great numbers. Would be nice to go into the season with Ackley, Saunders, Jackson, Rios, Jones and they can trade whoever isn't performing as well.

:agree:

We needed veteran leadership to go along with the kids, got it now and no longer in need of that. I want a young bat and a pitcher now.

Do you have anyone in mind?

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see M's pick these two up. They are talented and should be cheap coming off injuries. And if hurt still, could rehab until ready which works perfect for us and we need the depth.

I like Beachy that would be a nice move to deepen our rotation. I would think there would be others wanting to take a stab at him as well.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a feeling Hunter would go back to Minnesota at some point to close out his career. It wouldn't have felt right to see him retire as a member of any other team.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what Rios shows up. Seems to have some off years then comes back with great numbers. Would be nice to go into the season with Ackley, Saunders, Jackson, Rios, Jones and they can trade whoever isn't performing as well.

Do you have anyone in mind?

For the bat I would like Troy Tulowitzki or a Carlos Gonzalez, and it just so happens that Jon Morosi wrote an article this morning regarding the two of them and recent contact among the two teams possibly regarding one of them. I'm not too particular when it comes to the pitcher because I feel that our field can make a good pitcher great and an average pitcher good. So give me a midline starter and I'm a happy camper.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the bat I would like Troy Tulowitzki or a Carlos Gonzalez, and it just so happens that Jon Morosi wrote an article this morning regarding the two of them and recent contact among the two teams possibly regarding one of them. I'm not too particular when it comes to the pitcher because I feel that our field can make a good pitcher great and an average pitcher good. So give me a midline starter and I'm a happy camper.

What's up, 8? How's Arizona? Cold as a bitch in south king county.
Tulo would be a nice acquisition. Play shortstop for us for for four years ad then slip into the DH role after Cruz' contract expires. I'd move Walker in a trade for him. Or Paxton, although very relunctantly. I think Walker, Taylor and maybe Wilhelmsen would be a competitive package for Tulo, as long as we don't ask them to eat too much money on his contract.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give up Walker for a great outfielder. But if I were GM, Paxton is off limits no matter who we'd get.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Markakis has chosen to sign with Atlanta, which, if true, leaves a gaping hole in Baltimore's outfield. It could also have a big impact on the Mariners. It's been rumored that the O's have been interested in trading for Matt Kemp for a while. It's also been rumored that the M's are interested in trading for Matt Kemp for a while. With Markakis out of the picture in Baltimore, the O's can step up their efforts to get Kemp or the Dodgers, sensing real interest from both the O's and M's, can try to work the situation to their advantage, getting more from one of those teams than they were being offered before.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up, 8? How's Arizona? Cold as a bitch in south king county.
Tulo would be a nice acquisition. Play shortstop for us for for four years ad then slip into the DH role after Cruz' contract expires. I'd move Walker in a trade for him. Or Paxton, although very relunctantly. I think Walker, Taylor and maybe Wilhelmsen would be a competitive package for Tulo, as long as we don't ask them to eat too much money on his contract.

What's going on Polar!?! Not much here, just an 87 degree Thanksgiving :lame: Have childhood friends from Federal Way flying down for the Sunday night showdown against the Cards in a couple of weeks, and I'm sure getting out of King County at that point will be just fine for them.

Over all the trades mentioned I like a Tulo/Walker swap over most because of the controllable years in Tulo. Like you said, he can slip into Dh after Cruz is gone making his value at that point still relevant. Although, will that be when Cano falls into the DH role? Either way, DON'T TRADE PAXTON! As long as Z holds his ground there we will be fine. In all reality, I think we are landing Kemp. Why, IDK. I just have a sneaky hunch.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many red flags around Tulo, Gonzalez, Kemp. I'd just rather the M's keep Walker/Paxton.