• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread March Madness thread

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIAMI
TENNESSEE
NEVADA
KANSAS STATE

That is a "Whos Who" of college basketball powerhouses who were all highly ranked throughout the season with multiple banners and hall of fame coaches. They are the Mount Rushmore of college programs. And there is a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

I like the storyline, but lets settle down a bit with the hyperbole talking heads on TV.

There is probably 15-20 teams who could generate a 4 game win streak versus that group.

#DebbyDownerReality

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media still selling this as luck. Don't get it

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIAMI
TENNESSEE
NEVADA
KANSAS STATE

That is a "Whos Who" of college basketball powerhouses who were all highly ranked throughout the season with multiple banners and hall of fame coaches. They are the Mount Rushmore of college programs. And there is a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

I like the storyline, but lets settle down a bit with the hyperbole talking heads on TV.

There is probably 15-20 teams who could generate a 4 game win streak versus that group.

#DebbyDownerReality[/QUOT
I'd ask you who had better wins the first wkend of the tourney

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparty vs. Ohio State.
I lost Virginia of course.

I really don't get why people put Virginia in their Final Four. They played slow ball all season and slow ball doesn't get you very far. I had them losing to Arizona in the Sweet Sixteen. I think I speak for practically everyone in saying that the South region fucked over many brackets from the get go lol.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't get why people put Virginia in their Final Four. They played slow ball all season and slow ball doesn't get you very far. I had them losing to Arizona in the Sweet Sixteen. I think I speak for practically everyone in saying that the South region fucked over many brackets from the get go lol.
You are asking me this after I admitted I had Ohio State in the title game.
Even so, i don't think I should have lost 4 rungs on the bracket against a No. 16 seed.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the media only thinks power 5 programs go to the final four and win championships. This is why smaller conference schools need the spotlight and need to be thought of more when choosing teams in the tournament. Aside from Syracuse, you had teams like Texas, Oklahoma and Alabama who didn't deserve to be in and lost early. I'll fight that fight for my entire sports life lol. Instead of Texas, Oklahoma and Alabama, we should've had St. Mary's, South Dakota and Middle Tennessee State or Western Kentucky or Vermont. You know, a team who actually did good during the regular season.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not luck that they're good. I was concerned that they didn't have enough size to play on the rim. And Krutwig is a hoss but he's not an All-American.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are asking me this after I admitted I had Ohio State in the title game.
Even so, i don't think I should have lost 4 rungs on the bracket against a No. 16 seed.

That's true haha. But you never know what could happen, that's the beauty of the tournament. I will say, I definitely didn't see UMBC knocking off Virginia and I ESPECIALLY didn't see them beating them by 20 points.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIAMI
TENNESSEE
NEVADA
KANSAS STATE

#DebbyDownerReality
I think it's not the 4-game winning streak, it's the seeding and the pressure. I won't single out these teams as walkovers or mediocre. All of them can lose and all of them did.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true haha. But you never know what could happen, that's the beauty of the tournament. I will say, I definitely didn't see UMBC knocking off Virginia and I ESPECIALLY didn't see them beating them by 20 points.
Every coach ought to show the film of that game before the season starts.
1. It's about busting your ass to win
2. It's about standing around and watching your ass get kicked.

Because, both happened.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the media only thinks power 5 programs go to the final four and win championships. This is why smaller conference schools need the spotlight and need to be thought of more when choosing teams in the tournament. Aside from Syracuse, you had teams like Texas, Oklahoma and Alabama who didn't deserve to be in and lost early. I'll fight that fight for my entire sports life lol. Instead of Texas, Oklahoma and Alabama, we should've had St. Mary's, South Dakota and Middle Tennessee State or Western Kentucky or Vermont. You know, a team who actually did good during the regular season.
Sports media is a glorified joke. It's ex-jocks or wannabe coaches all evaluating all the things they see and believing we are all sniffing on it like some dogshit. If the Top 4 teams in the country make the finals, they're all ... 'well, this is what it's supposed to be' until an underdog shows up and it's 'well, this is why they play the game.'

I listened to way too many analysts to pay any attention to the fact that a guy can throw up a 30-foot prayer with 0:001 on the clock and win the game. How in hell did he get that shot? Well, let's ask Lisa, the blonde with the microphone. She probably has as much idea as Clark Kellogg does.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not luck that they're good. I was concerned that they didn't have enough size to play on the rim. And Krutwig is a hoss but he's not an All-American.
Well he is a true freshman. His footwork is already better than karnowski from gonzaga last yr

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like Missouri valley continues to prove themselves. They should get the same respect the a10 gets

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he is a true freshman. His footwork is already better than karnowski from gonzaga last yr
He lost 30 lbs in the off season and if they can get 30 more off him his mobility will increase substantially. Dude needs to call Oprah in Chicago and get hooked up with weight watchers.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing he's still alive, let alone shooting free throws, after the blatant assault he just lived through.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like Missouri valley continues to prove themselves. They should get the same respect the a10 gets

They were back in the day with Creighton, Wichita State and when Southern Illinois was good. It's hard to lose 2 flagship programs. The MVC simply wasn't a good conference this year. Probably the worst it's been this century(you could argue 2008 IMO). Still credit to Loyola, they are a good team.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing he's still alive, let alone shooting free throws, after the blatant assault he just lived through.

Lol. That FSU guy should be a drama major

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIAMI
TENNESSEE
NEVADA
KANSAS STATE

#DebbyDownerReality

What does that mean? Is it their problem the blue chip problems can't win a game?