• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread March Madness thread

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 Big 12 teams in the final four?

I'm just saying that's what people don't want to see, because those teams have already played each other 3 times.

The way things are going, wouldn't be surprised if both Nova and Duke get smoked tonight.

Well, on second thought, Duke getting smoked by Cuse is unlikely but they could lose.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strongly disagree.

Kids need to be able to capitalize on their stock at the point of their best interest.

NBA just needs a real minor league system.
College IS their minor league system. There is also the D league, but no one watches or gives a shit about it.

I actually think the one and dones have improved the college tournament. The experienced players close the gap on the bigger one and done players.

This has been the best tournament in years. Not just because of the upsets. So many games have been close good games to watch.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College IS their minor league system. There is also the D league, but no one watches or gives a shit about it.

I actually think the one and dones have improved the college tournament. The experienced players close the gap on the bigger one and done players.

This has been the best tournament in years. Not just because of the upsets. So many games have been close good games to watch.

That's my point.

Stop freeloading off taxpayer dollars and step up with your own minor league system.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Texas Tech should be the favorite tonight. Without Big Haas, Purdue isn't the same team.
I also think Clemson has a decent chance to beat Kansas.
Duke and Nova will win easily.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have one but no one cares. Minor league doesn't do much for basketball. Not many players improve enough to change how teams view them. Although some players came up through the D league.

Top 10 Best NBA Players Who Came From The D-League

if you let players play, or even just skip college and play (there was an article a few weeks ago about how some guys couldn't even play in the showcase cause they didn't play in college, like the Mitchell Robinson kid), then it would help for sure.

People watch minor league baseball, if done right they could do minor league basketball.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3/4 chaos last night!! YES! Now, we just need Cuse, Clemson, WVU and Texas Tech to win and we will have near maximum madness!

All joking aside, this tournament has cemented my opinion as to why you give smaller conference schools a chance instead of 13-14 loss power 5 conference schools. Look at Loyola-Chicago, they beat an ACC team, SEC team and now will face a beatable Big 12 team in the Elite Eight. 3 teams from the Pac-12 couldn't do what 1 school from the Missouri Valley Conference has done. 8 teams from the SEC couldn't do what 1 team from the Missouri Valley Conference has done.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3/4 chaos last night!! YES! Now, we just need Cuse, Clemson, WVU and Texas Tech to win and we will have near maximum madness!

All joking aside, this tournament has cemented my opinion as to why you give smaller conference schools a chance instead of 13-14 loss power 5 conference schools. Look at Loyola-Chicago, they beat an ACC team, SEC team and now will face a beatable Big 12 team in the Elite Eight. 3 teams from the Pac-12 couldn't do what 1 school from the Missouri Valley Conference has done. 8 teams from the SEC couldn't do what 1 team from the Missouri Valley Conference has done.

You say that, but then we have K-State and Florida St right now, and Syracuse hopefully tonight and 2 years ago.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except Syracuse is a 13 loss team still alive and KSU and FSU were both 11 loss teams. What happens in the tournament shouldn't define anyone's thinking. At no point this season were KSU and Loyola playing like a top 5 team, but they'll be one of the final four left when it's all said and done. Literally anything can happen in 40 minutes.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that, but then we have K-State and Florida St right now, and Syracuse hopefully tonight and 2 years ago.

Syracuse, I'll give you. But they are ALWAYS a better tournament team than a regular season team.
As far as Kansas State and Florida State, one, they weren't a 13-14 loss team with a losing record in conference play. Both at least deserved to be in the tournament. Syracuse didn't, Oklahoma didn't and Texas didn't.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That MI game was incredible. What a night.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Syracuse is a 13 loss team still alive and KSU and FSU were both 11 loss teams. What happens in the tournament shouldn't define anyone's thinking. At no point this season were KSU and Loyola playing like a top 5 team, but they'll be one of the final four left when it's all said and done. Literally anything can happen in 40 minutes.

The unfortunate part of the tourney is that it devalues regular season.

So. While UVA had a great year, you could argue that Florida State, if they make the Final 4 (and they've got a good chance) has had a better year.

If you asked fans of the team, would you rather have a mediocre year and make the final 4 or sweep the regular season and lose first weekend, I think it'd be at least split.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you scoring at home:

That's 2 losses, one trailing at half, and one in a death struggle

#gifted
The only one I got right last night was Florida State! So tonight I'm thinking about switching my picks.

FYI for all of you that still have your team in the tourney...if I pick 'em, they are DOOMED.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is always usually a smaller conference team making a name for themselves in the tournament. With that said, I know Loyola wouldn't have only had 5 losses had they played power 5 conference teams. But, imagine if there were teams like St. Mary's, Middle Tennessee State, Western Kentucky and South Dakota in instead of Syracuse, Oklahoma, Texas and Alabama. Who knows, maybe we have a non power 5 National Champion for the second time since 1990. You're right, anything can happen in 40 minutes. But how many teams like Loyola-Chicago have had anything happen in 40 minutes 3 games in a row? Now with that said, I know Loyola would not beat a team like Duke or Villanova or Kansas, but they've proven themselves a worthy opponent against power 5 teams. I think the tournament should include more smaller conference teams than it does strictly for these types of moments and games. Puts more programs on the map and makes games more competitive because recruitment is more competitive.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with you -- college bball is the minor league system. Why mess with March madness? But I don't believe the one and done helps college bball, I think it hurts it. Some kids with all the talent in the world coast through alot of the season with the NBA as the prize at the end of the tunnel.

I like the idea of either turn pro out of high school or go to school for 2 years and here's why:

1) Worked for Kobe, KG, and Lebron. Hasn't worked for others but it is what it is.

2) The Kentucky's and Duke's of the NCAA can't load up on all 5 star freshman every year, but every other year. Which makes these kids more mature physically and mentally -- way more prepared for the NBA and makes the NBA better as well. Not to mention you get to see other schools getting more 5 star recruits and they get to mature more and blend with 3/4 year kids in school as well.

The turnover is too high at schools like Duke and Kentucky and some of these kids that declare are not ready. 2 years of school would make the Dukes and Kentuckys way better and make it harder for the mid major schools to advance as well. So you might see the top 5 or so high school players declare, but the rest in school for 2 years and that makes college bball more loaded with talent.

Same ole same ole in march though. Keeping winning or go sit on the couch.

Look at the teams left. Loyola has good guards and plays good D. FSU has athletes that finally started playing D. K St can D up. Usually we have 1 region that gets all messed up in the tourney. This year just happens to have 2. I expect Nova and Duke to come out of the other regions. WV could surprise, maybe Texas Tech.. My guess is KU has the same fate as Kentucky.

CycleandJazz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do we know that to be true about Loyola?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas St vs Loyola-Chicago.

Hell yeah. Definitely gonna call over the boys for some beers about that match-up.

Worst tourney ever. I'd rather watch George Mason again.
I take it you only like the tourney when the blue bloods win?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention these kids get catered to way too much and are looking at $$$ signs and college is just 1 year stop to the NBA. 2 years in school would make it more about college bball and not looking ahead.

These adidas camps, etc would be geared to help most kids mature in the game of bball and in life.