• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread March Madness thread

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks I don't know why I thought Syracuse was Big East.

Because you're having a Rip Van Winkle moment?

The year is actually 2085...and the world actually looks like this:

2.jpg

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the argument is you might get some seriously ugly basketball like VCU/Butler in 2011.

That game set basketball back decades. has to be a record for most airballs in a national semifinal.
Like the Michigan State/ Syracuse game yesterday?

I like when the smaller schools are in it. Gives me more of a reason to watch. I really can't care less about another Duke/ Kentucky matchup.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because as a college basketball fan, you know who is playing in the game.

I've watched more college basketball than the vast majority of people here this year, which is no small feat, and I cannot name a single player from Nevada.

I have no allegiance to Duke but I want to see them play because I know who is on their team and I know their style of play. Same with Kansas, Kentucky, and Michigan and Gonzaga.

If you're just a casual fan and you don't know any of the players from any team, then yea I guess it doesn't matter. But then, why would you even care? It's like my girlfriend watching the Superbowl. It could be Dallas versus New England or Sandusky versus Boise and she wouldn't know the difference.
I don't watch much college basketball till conference tournaments. But I watch most games from then on. I know as many players on Nevada as I do Duke. Probably more because I don't watch much of the games that are already decided midway through the first half.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the argument is you might get some seriously ugly basketball like VCU/Butler in 2011.

That game set basketball back decades. has to be a record for most airballs in a national semifinal.

Remind me how many 3's Michigan State missed? Guess I really don't give a crap if they hit the rim or not.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because as a college basketball fan, you know who is playing in the game.

I've watched more college basketball than the vast majority of people here this year, which is no small feat, and I cannot name a single player from Nevada.

I have no allegiance to Duke but I want to see them play because I know who is on their team and I know their style of play. Same with Kansas, Kentucky, and Michigan and Gonzaga.

If you're just a casual fan and you don't know any of the players from any team, then yea I guess it doesn't matter. But then, why would you even care? It's like my girlfriend watching the Superbowl. It could be Dallas versus New England or Sandusky versus Boise and she wouldn't know the difference.

Guess my thought is more that, "I've seen that rodeo". Ooooooo, I hope Duke makes it so I can watch petulant shit stain Grayson Allen ... AGAIN...

Rather see new blood. The tournament sometimes MAKES future NBA stars, or did your forget where Steph Curry played his college ball?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, as long as someone levels Allen, i'm good.

I'm amazed everyone seems afraid of fouling that kid hard.

Every foul he racks up should count.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess my thought is more that, "I've seen that rodeo". Ooooooo, I hope Duke makes it so I can watch petulant shit stain Grayson Allen ... AGAIN...

It's not so much about that as envisioning the OOC matchups like UNC playing Michigan or Virginia playing Arizona/UK and actually having that happen. It won't of course.

That's part of the fun of the tournament.

But everybody gets what they want out of it. Unwatchable for me perhaps, enjoyable for others.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Westbrook scorred 37 points last night and made his only 3 point attempt while winning on the road at Toronto.
Didn’t watch. But he’s a career volume 3 point bricker.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Xavier losing to Missouri, I should get points for just having Xavier losing. That’s a thing right?

I had them losing to Gonzaga.

That's what I get for thinking Xavier might actually do something.

Fuck JP Macura tho. Douche.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want all hell to break loose. Kansas State, Loyola-Chicago, Florida State, Texas A&M, West Virginia, Texas Tech, Clemson and Syracuse in the Elite Eight.

Loyola-Chicago, Florida State, West Virginia and Syracuse in the Final Four

Loyola-Chicago and Syracuse in the final with Loyola-Chicago winning the entire thing!

LET'S KEEP THE MADNESS GOING!!!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the 4 ACC teams?

Cuse, Duke, Clemson, FSU- whole big ass mega-conference now with football teams and shit

C'mon man, we don't refer to the Big 12 as the Southwest Conference anymore either

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a brutal year for the aac. Literally one basket per game from a nice showing.

Uconn needs to get out, but frankly it looks like it’s big10 or bust because of all the bad blood from the early Big east exits.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a brutal year for the aac. Literally one basket per game from a nice showing.

Uconn needs to get out, but frankly it looks like it’s big10 or bust because of all the bad blood from the early Big east exits.

Maybe if UConn can conjure up a plus .500 record in the AAC in either major men's athletics, then they can talk lol.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this weekend I know why they call it madness. Some great games and finishes this weekend. Looking forward to the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 this weekend.