• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manningham done for season

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Crap.

It's happening again. Well, at least they have Jenkins this time.

I doubt we see Mario in a 49er uni again.

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been pretty injury prone this season(don't recall if he was with the giants)

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*sigh*. There was no question in my mind that he tore something on that play, so I'd already braced myself for the worst.

I truly feel sorry for Mario, as he soared in 2012 when I had expected him to falter, but I feel worse for the team when SF finds itself lacking receivers going into the playoffs for the second straight year.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this could stir something up but everyone around the league is whinning about that play chanceller hit VD and I feel it was the correct call. VD might have been facing him but there is no need to risk a serious injury that is real likely to happen! The receiver is 1 to 2 feet from stepping out of bounds. With all that momentum he could have shoved him out instead, but they play dirty up there. There is something about dirt bag players in the northwest, Vancouver Canucks, Seattle Seahawks. If you are a Sharks/49ers fan, you know what I am saying.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It was the right call. The new rules say the receiver has to be able to defend himself or become a runner before he's allowed to be hit.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that sucks, I guess I knew anyways because he just let go of the ball and held his knee; thats almost always a sign of ligament damage.

Luckily this isn't like last year. Crabtree is playing great, the VD and Kaep connection isn't quite there yet on the field with TD results but I think it may be with that perfect pass where dummy VD left his feet and got himself KO'd. At least that was a step up from all the overthrows in the Patriots game. Plus Kaep has a pretty good thing going with Walker, and even though Moss isn't going to drop 100 yards or 10 catches on anyone, he makes meaningful grabs each game. Anyway, we're not down to Swain so Kaep still has a good group of catchers in Crabs, VD, Walker, Moss, and if we're lucky Jenkins might surprise us.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's terrible. Hopefully we can go back to running the ball effectively.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crap.

It's happening again. Well, at least they have Jenkins this time.

I doubt we see Mario in a 49er uni again.

Yup, before the injury, he was borderline worth the amount of money he was going to get next year.

Now its a no brainer, gotta cut him.

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's been pretty injury prone this season(don't recall if he was with the giants)

he didn't get as much pt on the Giants to really have a big injury concern I'm pretty sure..

WR is about the one place with depth to recover from an injury like this, but it still sucks big time

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he didn't get as much pt on the Giants to really have a big injury concern I'm pretty sure..

WR is about the one place with depth to recover from an injury like this, but it still sucks big time

He had knee issues in New York that forced him to miss some time and had arthroscopic surgery on a knee in college as well. I'm not sure if all of that was to the same knee, though.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I know this could stir something up but everyone around the league is whinning about that play chanceller hit VD and I feel it was the correct call. VD might have been facing him but there is no need to risk a serious injury that is real likely to happen! The receiver is 1 to 2 feet from stepping out of bounds. With all that momentum he could have shoved him out instead, but they play dirty up there. There is something about dirt bag players in the northwest, Vancouver Canucks, Seattle Seahawks. If you are a Sharks/49ers fan, you know what I am saying.

Seen enough of the Nucks as a Kings fan to know how they play...not pretty

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if it was the right call technically, but I think they deserved it. But then again, I'm not into big hits. If both teams could play without big hits, I'd take it. But since they can hit us big, I want us to hit them big. I know how the game would suffer if neither team could hit that big and I know what positive can come from them being scared of big hits or us jarring a ball loose, but whatever, I'd rather see the better catchers play than not play. I'm an offense fan who can appreciate a good coverage defense. I like the big hit defense because it combats theirs.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the right call. The new rules say the receiver has to be able to defend himself or become a runner before he's allowed to be hit.

Exactly. Collinsworth was pissing me off because he kept saying that it was a legal hit when he clearly doesn't understand the rule. Goldson has been called for that like 3 times this year.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Moss critical to 49ers' postseason
8:05AM ET
San Francisco 49ers

With just one game remaining before the postseason begins, the San Francisco 49ers receiving corps is a mess. Mario Manningham tore the ACL and PCL in his left knee Sunday and will miss the remainder of the season. Not surprisingly, Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com notes that Manningham is not expected to be recovered from his surgery in time for training camp. We should all keep in mind that there is only one Adrian Peterson, so Manningham may not be 100 percent over his torn knee ligaments until at least late next season, if not 2014.

Not only is Manningham out of the picture, but Vernon Davis will have to be medically cleared to return from the concussion that knocked him out of Week 16's game. He had been a non-factor ever since Colin Kaepernick took over at quarterback but figures to be more involved, if he is allowed to play.

In the end, the Niners are going to have to get Randy Moss more involved. Kaepernick targeted Moss 6 times in Week 16, which was the most for Moss since Week 3, but he only pulled in three of those passes for 44 yards. Moss turns 33 in February, but he will be the Niners' No. 2 WR entering the playoffs and will have to find a way to make an impact if his team is going to make a legit title run.

- Tom Carpenter​

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done for more than the season :canada:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss critical to 49ers' postseason
8:05AM ET
San Francisco 49ers

With just one game remaining before the postseason begins, the San Francisco 49ers receiving corps is a mess. Mario Manningham tore the ACL and PCL in his left knee Sunday and will miss the remainder of the season. Not surprisingly, Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com notes that Manningham is not expected to be recovered from his surgery in time for training camp. We should all keep in mind that there is only one Adrian Peterson, so Manningham may not be 100 percent over his torn knee ligaments until at least late next season, if not 2014.

Not only is Manningham out of the picture, but Vernon Davis will have to be medically cleared to return from the concussion that knocked him out of Week 16's game. He had been a non-factor ever since Colin Kaepernick took over at quarterback but figures to be more involved, if he is allowed to play.

In the end, the Niners are going to have to get Randy Moss more involved. Kaepernick targeted Moss 6 times in Week 16, which was the most for Moss since Week 3, but he only pulled in three of those passes for 44 yards. Moss turns 33 in February, but he will be the Niners' No. 2 WR entering the playoffs and will have to find a way to make an impact if his team is going to make a legit title run.

- Tom Carpenter​

I hope VDavis is out vs. Arizona - I want to see more Celek