• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions Off-Season Thread

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't own or possess any type of Lion's jersey.

I did own a 1974 baseball style Lion's cap.

Loser Lion's fan base eehhh?

Man, your life must surely suck.

Why u mad at me? it’s true.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why u mad at me? it’s true.

LOL.

You think that every single action by you is supposed to have a reaction by others that have to be answered in a certain way.
Life doesn't revolve around you although you believe it does when you're on here.
When you lose a debate, and you know you're wrong, you'll flip the script. It's your modus operandi.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

You think that every single action by you is supposed to have a reaction by others that have to be answered in a certain way.
Life doesn't revolve around you although you believe it does when you're on here.
When you lose a debate, and you know you're wrong, you'll flip the script. It's your modus operandi.

Not sure what you’re taking about. I’m taking about Lions fans that cheer for Stafford and don’t care what pick we got. That’s real.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you’re taking about. I’m taking about Lions fans that cheer for Stafford and don’t care what pick we got. That’s real.

R.294e234d8f550642a1fa56b53e9725e4

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Pitt QB Kenny Pickett is visiting with the Lions next week.​

It's the only official pre-draft meeting between the Lions and an incoming quarterback, though the team met with Liberty QB Malik Willis at the Senior Bowl a couple months ago. Detroit has the second overall pick, along with the 32nd and 34th picks. The Lions would have to take Pickett -- or any top QB -- with the second pick if they're going to land a potential successor to bridge QB Jared Goff. The team would always trade down with a team hungry to move into the top three. The weak 2022 class likely isn't one that would compel a team to sell out and move into the top-three, however. The Lions' team-building philosophy is surprisingly patient for a team with a bottom-dwelling roster.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Apr 15, 2022, 8:30 AM ET

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Pitt QB Kenny Pickett is visiting with the Lions next week.​

It's the only official pre-draft meeting between the Lions and an incoming quarterback, though the team met with Liberty QB Malik Willis at the Senior Bowl a couple months ago. Detroit has the second overall pick, along with the 32nd and 34th picks. The Lions would have to take Pickett -- or any top QB -- with the second pick if they're going to land a potential successor to bridge QB Jared Goff. The team would always trade down with a team hungry to move into the top three. The weak 2022 class likely isn't one that would compel a team to sell out and move into the top-three, however. The Lions' team-building philosophy is surprisingly patient for a team with a bottom-dwelling roster.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Apr 15, 2022, 8:30 AM ET
What an idiot. We are not using the number 2 on a QB. No QB in this draft looks to be worth an early pick. Heck barely even a first round pick.

Then the idiot goes on to say no QB is worth trading up for. But the Lions will use number 2? OK. Can he be a little more disrespectful?

Noone is sure if Goff is just a bridge too. This year will determine that.

Worst reporter I have witnessed in a long time. Completely devoid of info. Not sure how he even has a job.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an idiot. We are not using the number 2 on a QB. No QB in this draft looks to be worth an early pick. Heck barely even a first round pick.

Then the idiot goes on to say no QB is worth trading up for. But the Lions will use number 2? OK. Can he be a little more disrespectful?

Noone is sure if Goff is just a bridge too. This year will determine that.

Worst reporter I have witnessed in a long time. Completely devoid of info. Not sure how he even has a job.

Rough week?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Its all Good man. Enjoy your holiday weekend. Have fun with the kids.

You too. Apparently Valenti got some serious intel and is going to tell everybody who the Lions are taking at 3pm. Sounds like a QB. His words were “Because of course they are.” Maybe Hamilton or Gardner? Find out in about 30 minutes.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travon Walker.

Says they’re afraid of Thibodeaux.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travon Walker.

An hour ago we also had rumors that Jags will use 1 on Walker.

Walker would not be my favorite choice, let's hope jags save us from ourselves

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Monday Morning Quarterback's Albert Breer has mocked Georgia DL Travon Walker to the Lions with the second overall pick.

Breer's mock was based off conversations with team scouts and representatives, which led to him mocking Walker (6'5/275) to the Lions. Breer writes in his mock, "A lot of people are convinced they will go EDGE rusher here regardless." He went on to add that one executive spoke with believes Oregon's Kayvon Thibodeaux would not be a "culture fit" in Detroit and that Dan Campbell "isn't a fan" of Thibodeaux. Walker has shot up draft boards in recent weeks, thanks in part to a great Combine, and questions about Thibodeaux's commitment/passion for the game.

- Rotoworld

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travon Walker.

An hour ago we also had rumors that Jags will use 1 on Walker.

Walker would not be my favorite choice, let's hope jags save us from ourselves

I think we go either Hutch or Walker. Whoever is left. I only like Walker because he has the chance to be the best in the league someday. That ceiling is worth a shot. Hutch would be a great fit too though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we go either Hutch or Walker. Whoever is left. I only like Walker because he has the chance to be the best in the league someday. That ceiling is worth a shot. Hutch would be a great fit too though.

I’m okay w it. Don’t really love it don’t really hate it. Like it more than not because it’s the stud DE we’ve been craving, and not a S or a CB.

I get it in terms of Thibodeaux. They have Sewell to reference. They sent an army to his pro day. If Campbell doesn’t like him there must be a reason.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m okay w it. Don’t really love it don’t really hate it. Like it more than not because it’s the stud DE we’ve been craving, and not a S or a CB.

I get it in terms of Thibodeaux. They have Sewell to reference. They sent an army to his pro day. If Campbell doesn’t like him there must be a reason.
Holy shit, mark the date. Rob and Mebert agree on a football thing!

I will continue to hope Jags take Walker. Won't hate it if Lions take him.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, mark the date. Rob and Mebert agree on a football thing!

I will continue to hope Jags take Walker. Won't hate it if Lions take him.
If you really think about it they should. That team is not going anywhere for a long time. They have a QB and thats it. They need another exiting player more than someone who can help the team to the next level.