• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions Off-Season Thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Lions exile one former Georgia Bulldog only to quite conceivably draft 4 more, all in one single draft, 14 drafts later.

No. 2 DE Travon Walker
No. 32 S Lewis Cine
or LB Nakobe Dean or George Pickens (getting that 5th year option if they stand pat here)
No. 34 WR George Pickens or S Lewis Cine or Nakobe Dean
No. 66 LB Quay Walker or Channing Tindall

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Lions exile one former Georgia Bulldog only to quite conceivably draft 4 more, all in one single draft, 14 drafts later.

No. 2 DE Travon Walker
No. 32 S Lewis Cine
or LB Nakobe Dean or George Pickens (getting that 5th year option if they stand pat here)

Hearing Wan’Dale Robinson is a real possibility at 32/34. Likening him to Deebo Samuel.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. 2 DE Travon Walker
No. 32 S Lewis Cine

Hearing Wan’Dale Robinson is a real possibility at 32/34. Likening him to Deebo Samuel.

I think we really need 1 more WR and this class is deep. I would like to see if any of the others drop. The extra pick is a good time to grab one.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck that, Shit.

Wan'Dale Robinson has Tyrannosaurus Rex arms. You can find teeny tiny dudes on day 3.

They might as well keep Kalif Raymond instead of drafting a midget WR.

Robinson is not Deebo Samuel in anyone's fantasy.

My fucking Femur is nearly longer than that fucker's arm.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we really need 1 more WR and this class is deep. I would like to see if any of the others drop. The extra pick is a good time to grab one.

Same old media driven shit. Draft is deep.
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.

I'd rather get all defense with those first five picks but if a 6'2+ WR is available with Pickens skills then I wouldn't object - Maybe Watson

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the athleticism issues I see there. I think Robinson will be a very good wr. I just don't like the idea of a second rounder on a guy that has to play same spot as St. Brown.

They have that type of WR on their roster already.
I don't hate the player and he'd be cheaper than Raymond, but I'd fucking hate spending an early round pick on a fucking tiny WR that'll probably get pummeled at some point.

St. Brown can play all three WR spots. He's NOT just a slot - Y-WR- guy only.
Media pundits state that kind of bullshit all the damn time. This guy (St. Brown) is a slot WR. LMFAO.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mebert What I'm comprehending from the below article, I'm fairly confident Holmes still drafts a safety early. Obviously, Elliot's issues were more related to when he was playing Free Safety role. It appears Elliot is a better fit as a box safety but not necessarily a starter.

Truthfully, he’s a good safety. He is a violent hitter who can even crumple Derrick Henry. But it’s this unmitigated violence that is a double-edged sword for the player who has missed 10 or more games twice in three seasons.”

In the starting role, Elliott played rather well, but his ability to cover tight ends and the center-field role in comparison to Thomas was poor. The Ravens were picked on relentlessly against tight ends due to their lack of a great matchup, and with the tandem of Clark and Elliott, neither fit the prototypical mold of a free safety.”

“Elliott’s primary weakness is injury risk. I believe Elliott is a capable starter and could improve the Detroit Lions’ secondary, but you have to be on the field to do so.

I also believe there is concern regarding coverage breakdowns. Throughout last season, it was become a “scheduled tweet” that local media would post “coverage lapse, opponent scores 50+ yard touchdown.” Due to injury, rotating of players and uncertainty in who had what assignment, it’s unclear how much fault was on specific players. Some may have been Elliott. Others could’ve been Clark, or the rookie defensive back Brandon Stephens.”

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mebert What I'm comprehending from the below article, I'm fairly confident Holmes still drafts a safety early. Obviously, Elliot's issues were more related to when he was playing Free Safety role. It appears Elliot is a better fit as a box safety but not necessarily a starter.

Truthfully, he’s a good safety. He is a violent hitter who can even crumple Derrick Henry. But it’s this unmitigated violence that is a double-edged sword for the player who has missed 10 or more games twice in three seasons.”

In the starting role, Elliott played rather well, but his ability to cover tight ends and the center-field role in comparison to Thomas was poor. The Ravens were picked on relentlessly against tight ends due to their lack of a great matchup, and with the tandem of Clark and Elliott, neither fit the prototypical mold of a free safety.”

“Elliott’s primary weakness is injury risk. I believe Elliott is a capable starter and could improve the Detroit Lions’ secondary, but you have to be on the field to do so.

I also believe there is concern regarding coverage breakdowns. Throughout last season, it was become a “scheduled tweet” that local media would post “coverage lapse, opponent scores 50+ yard touchdown.” Due to injury, rotating of players and uncertainty in who had what assignment, it’s unclear how much fault was on specific players. Some may have been Elliott. Others could’ve been Clark, or the rookie defensive back Brandon Stephens.”
I am good with a guy that has to be in the box. It means they won't be misusing Walker

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with a guy that has to be in the box. It means they won't be misusing Walker

Walker will still play as robber, at times, in that split safety role just to confuse the defense. Hopefully, TW lll plays sparingly in that box safety role. He is good at blitzing when given the opportunity.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update:

Oregon EDGE Kayvon Thibodeaux's odds to be the second overall pick have gotten better over the weekend.​

Thibodeaux (6'5"/250), who was in the running to be the first overall pick prior to the college football season, has dropped over the course of 2021 and the pre-draft process. His workouts weren't absolutely off-the-charts good, and apparently his meetings went less than ideally. That caused him to really fall out of No. 1 contention, and it was no longer a guarantee he went top five. This weekend though, Thibodeaux has met with many top teams, and his stock seems to be rising again. His odds to be the No. 2 overall went from about +400 depending on the book, to +200 at the lowest, by BetMGM. That's a substantial difference, and it actually makes him the second most likely 2nd overall pick according to BetMGM, overtaking Travon Walker and just behind Aidan Hutchinson. Vegas always knows best, so there is some real fire to this smoke. Lions should sign Suh to play next to whoever they draft at edge.

SOURCE: Jaime Eisner on Twitter
Apr 17, 2022, 9:41 PM ET

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that, Shit.

Wan'Dale Robinson has Tyrannosaurus Rex arms. You can find teeny tiny dudes on day 3.

They might as well keep Kalif Raymond instead of drafting a midget WR.

Robinson is not Deebo Samuel in anyone's fantasy.

My fucking Femur is nearly longer than that fucker's arm.

Real news.

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports that the Detroit Lions have shown "a lot of interest" in former Kentucky WR Wan'Dale Robinson.​

Robinson (5'8/178) measured three inches shorter than his listed height at Kentucky, which will undoubtedly knock him down some draft boards. However, his body of work at Kentucky and a solid 4.44 40-time will keep teams interested. Detroit appears to be one of those teams who are still interested according to Pauline. Last season, Robinson went for 104-1334-7 with Kentucky after seeing minimal work at Nebraska the previous two seasons.
SOURCE: Pro Football Network
Mar 9, 2022, 6:15 PM ET

ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay says that Kentucky WR Wan'Dale Robinson has some Deebo Samuel to his game.​

While he didn't make a direct 1:1 comparison, this is high praise for Robinson (5'11/185) who had a spectacular season for the Wildcats. McShay did say that he has that play-style in him where he's electric in the open field and averaged 16 yards per carry. Robinson is far from the same player as Deebo, but the appeal to use him in similar ways to the first-team all-pro. The suddenness and shifty style that he has is another element to his game that McShay spoke highly of. With a deep receiver class, Robinson appears to be one of the gems.
SOURCE: Todd McShay
Feb 14, 2022, 11:45 PM ET

Kentucky WR Wan'Dale Robinson was a key deep target in 2021.​

Robinson (5'8/178) was one of the best wide receivers in the SEC last season and is now an NFL draft target to watch ahead of April. Robinson was as good as anyone could have asked for in 2021 on receptions that went deep, reeling in 31 targets of 20 yards or more without a drop according to Pro Football Focus. That was the best in the nation, also per PFF.

Kentucky WR Wan'Dale Robinson reigned king on deep ball reception in 2021.​

No player in the Southeastern Conference outdid Robinson (5'11/185) on deep ball reception in 2021. According to Pro Football Focus, Robinson had the most catches on 20+ yard throws last season, totaling 16. That put him ahead of Treylon Burks on Arkansas (13) and Jameson Williams of Alabama (12). He'll certainly be a name to watch in the 2022 NFL Draft.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One week, fans.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YESSSSS, at No. 2 overall.

and then go with your Walter Football rumored selection of Wan'Dale Robinson at No. 32

We'll be going to the SB in 2023.

Does Walter really have Wan’Dale at 32? He must be reading my posts again.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does Walter really have Wan’Dale at 32? He must be reading my posts again.

Okay, seems as though his post was on 04-01-2022 and your post is 04-16-2022

4/1: The Lions have shown lots of interest in Wan'Dale Robinson. - Tony Pauline, Pro Football Network

Detroit needs a No. 2 receiver. It could select Robinson at picks 32 or 34.

BB_72: LMFAO at bold part of statement. AR-SB is more aligned with being a WR2 than Josh Reynolds or even if they did draft a player like Wan'Dale Robinson.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, seems as though his post was on 04-01-2022 and your post is 04-16-2022

4/1: The Lions have shown lots of interest in Wan'Dale Robinson. - Tony Pauline, Pro Football Network

Detroit needs a No. 2 receiver. It could select Robinson at picks 32 or 34.

BB_72: LMFAO at bold part of statement. AR-SB is more aligned with being a WR2 than Josh Reynolds or even if they did draft a player like Wan'Dale Robinson.
Risden has a new one but he is picking Hamilton #2 which I dont see happeneing. Not after picking up Elliot.