• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions Off-Season Thread

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, someone who isn’t a total homer.

You picking up what I’m laying down here? If Holmes is this great evaluator who picked out Kupp and Saint Brown when everyone else missed - me must have also known the Rams would do very very well and stick us w two shit picks. Right?

Was Goff really his prize in that trade?

Or is he BQ2, really had nothing to do w the Rams success and just a dude who helped his old team win the Lombardi?

It’s not like the two DTs we drafted in R2/3 are sweet. We got a great RT and a WR. Jury out on the rest.

Imagine if we had Parsons too.
I don't see any way we would have ever have picked Parsons anyways. But it's a nice fantasy. If we didn't have a QB that they were at least viewing as adequate for the short term they would have picked Justin Fields there. Or maybe even packaged the pick that ended up being Sewell along with the Carolina pick and tried to move up for Trey Lance or Zack Wilson. Any of the three is a better prospect than Malik Willis this year, so maybe you'd still be happy with it. Even if we were happy with a Bridgewater or Lock or whoever else, Devonte Smith was a better prospect and a bigger need than Parsons. So even without a QB, Parsons still would not have been here.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this does not stop the lions from using 32 or 34 on one of the safeties in the draft. Ideally this just is the beginning of the end of Harris.

Tw lll starter, CJ Moore is ST ace and emergency replacement, Brady Breeze ST and you hope to never see him except in an emergency situation. Harris' role is undefined.

Elliot is one, if he's healthy, can play all over - free safety -in the box - he might be that competition for Will Harris - and yet Campbell stated he hasn't figured out exactly where Harris will be playing.

Elliot is a one-year signing.

Holmes will not bypass drafting a rookie Safety to add to the mix and most likely at No. 34. I state No. 34 because teams still needing a QB will probably be trading up into that No. 32 slot - maybe Atlanta or Seattle

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elliott was drafted in the sixth round of the 2018 NFL Draft by the Baltimore Ravens. After essentially redshirting his rookie season due to a fractured forearm, Elliott would eventually win the Ravens’ starting job in 2020. That year, he started all 16 games, tallied 80 tackles, 2.5 sacks, four passes defended, two forced fumbles, and a decent 69.6 PFF grade. He entered the 2021 season as a starter, as well, but injuries to his bicep and pectoral held him to just six total games played for the year. Injuries have been an issue for most of Elliott’s career, as he missed 10 games in 2019 with a knee injury.

However, when healthy, Elliott has been a productive member of the Ravens’ secondary. He also brings a fair amount of versatility, playing about 64 percent of his 2020 snaps (his only full season) as a free safety, and the rest either as a box safety or corner.

“He really understands the defense,” Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said of Elliott last year. “He understands how we organize the coverages. He understands what responsibilities he has, or what opportunities he has, to make certain calls to put us in the best situation. He’s doing a great job of that. He was good last year, and he got better as the year went on. But this year, he’s taken it to another level that way.”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure as hell hope Seattle GM John Schneider and HC Pete Carroll predicted exactly which 1st round draft slot they'll be receiving from Denver in 2023 for the Russell Wilson trade. If they didn't then they're complete garbage as a Gm and HC.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One writer saw it that way, too. Bleacher Report’s Ian Wharton graded every team’s offseason thus far, and his analysis of the Lions was surprisingly dead-on for a national analyst. Wharton gave the Lions a B—the second-highest grade of any other NFC team, only behind the Buccaneers—and said he respected that Detroit knew where their roster was at in the rebuild.

“Knowing the state of your roster and realistic ability to get better in free agency goes a long way toward winning the offseason,” Wharton wrote. “Winning free agency is relative, and for Detroit, it needed to make calculated investments without splurging on shiny names who are unlikely to push the team over the top. The organization accomplished this goal.”

Wharton goes on to say that the re-signings of Charles Harris and Tracy Walker—both on widely-considered affordable deals—was “an impressive feat considering how each developed under this staff in 2021.”

It’s worth noting that only the only other NFC North team that came out with a favorable grade from Wharton was the Minnesota Vikings. They received a B, while the Packers and Bears got a C- and F, respectively. You can read all of Wharton’s analyses here.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any way we would have ever have picked Parsons anyways. But it's a nice fantasy. If we didn't have a QB that they were at least viewing as adequate for the short term they would have picked Justin Fields there. Or maybe even packaged the pick that ended up being Sewell along with the Carolina pick and tried to move up for Trey Lance or Zack Wilson. Any of the three is a better prospect than Malik Willis this year, so maybe you'd still be happy with it. Even if we were happy with a Bridgewater or Lock or whoever else, Devonte Smith was a better prospect and a bigger need than Parsons. So even without a QB, Parsons still would not have been here.

Parsons is just an example. Smith would have obviously been >>> 32, too. Same w Surtain, Horn and lots of others.

I used Parsons because it seemed like the Lions were zoned in on him pre-draft. But ya, could have been a few great players.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One writer saw it that way, too. Bleacher Report’s Ian Wharton graded every team’s offseason thus far, and his analysis of the Lions was surprisingly dead-on for a national analyst. Wharton gave the Lions a B—the second-highest grade of any other NFC team, only behind the Buccaneers—and said he respected that Detroit knew where their roster was at in the rebuild.

“Knowing the state of your roster and realistic ability to get better in free agency goes a long way toward winning the offseason,” Wharton wrote. “Winning free agency is relative, and for Detroit, it needed to make calculated investments without splurging on shiny names who are unlikely to push the team over the top. The organization accomplished this goal.”

Wharton goes on to say that the re-signings of Charles Harris and Tracy Walker—both on widely-considered affordable deals—was “an impressive feat considering how each developed under this staff in 2021.”

It’s worth noting that only the only other NFC North team that came out with a favorable grade from Wharton was the Minnesota Vikings. They received a B, while the Packers and Bears got a C- and F, respectively. You can read all of Wharton’s analyses here.

You ever listen to Valenti? That spaz loses his mind anytime the Lions don’t trade for (insert big name) here. Watson, Hill etc…sadly I think he reps 99% of Sparty fans and at least 50% of Lions fans.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, someone who isn’t a total homer.

You picking up what I’m laying down here? If Holmes is this great evaluator who picked out Kupp and Saint Brown when everyone else missed - me must have also known the Rams would do very very well and stick us w two shit picks. Right?

Was Goff really his prize in that trade?

Or is he BQ2, really had nothing to do w the Rams success and just a dude who helped his old team win the Lombardi?

It’s not like the two DTs we drafted in R2/3 are sweet. We got a great RT and a WR. Jury out on the rest.

Imagine if we had Parsons too.
You can imagine all you want but no trade would make it happen. Only way we end up with Parsons is if another team picked Sewell before us.

First round picks are not shit picks. Especially multiple one.

Again you are the only one on the planet that thinks it was not a good trade.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can imagine all you want but no trade would make it happen. Only way we end up with Parsons is if another team picked Sewell before us.

First round picks are not shit picks. Especially multiple one.

Again you are the only one on the planet that thinks it was not a good trade.

Uhg. Why do you even bother engaging in message boards?

We have no idea if it’s a good trade, and no.2 good for you being a valid follower. I like to think for myself.

We easily take Parsons or a bunch of other great players who will most likely > then 32 w any trade involving Car or Den.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. So another sign the trade was possibly poor.
There is no argument that Goff was putrid the first half of the season. The team itself was learning all new schemes too so nothing went right. The second half of the season they were almost 500. They still make the mistake of keeping Will Harris. There are lots of reasons to criticize. The trade is not one of them.

I get it. I wanted Parsons too but that does not mean we are not coming out ahead with the deal.

Also, If BH is so bad then he might not of even used the pick on Parsons if we did one of those other trades.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no argument that Goff was putrid the first half of the season. The team itself was learning all new schemes too so nothing went right. The second half of the season they were almost 500. They still make the mistake of keeping Will Harris. There are lots of reasons to criticize. The trade is not one of them.

I get it. I wanted Parsons too but that does not mean we are not coming out ahead with the deal.

Also, If BH is so bad then he might not of even used the pick on Parsons if we did one of those other trades.

The Rams obviously “won” the trade. We will come out ahead if and when we land a franchise QB. Let’s say Goff miraculously becomes that guy and we become a division winner/playoff team. Then it’s really a great trade for us too.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams obviously “won” the trade. We will come out ahead if and when we land a franchise QB. Let’s say Goff miraculously becomes that guy and we become a division winner/playoff team. Then it’s really a great trade for us too.
No just no. In your mind only. No one else in the sports world agrees with you. Feel free to be wrong. That is your prerogative.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams obviously “won” the trade.

TBD.

You need 3 years of each drafted player playing in the league before you can determine who won the trade.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever listen to Valenti? That spaz loses his mind anytime the Lions don’t trade for (insert big name) here. Watson, Hill etc…sadly I think he reps 99% of Sparty fans and at least 50% of Lions fans.

I've yet to read one good statement by any Lions fan towards what Valenti spouts off about. Evidently, he's nothing more than a shock-jock.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No just no. In your mind only. No one else in the sports world agrees with you. Feel free to be wrong. That is your prerogative.

They won the Super Bowl you stupid idiot.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBD.

You need 3 years of each drafted player playing in the league before you can determine who won the trade.

They won the Super Bowl you stupid idiot.