• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions Off-Season Thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 2 I need a double digit sack artist. Not a guy not good enough to beat out Harris.

How do you know that Walker is not good enough to beat Harris out of a starting position?
First, Walker or even Hutch would mostly play on the opposite end of the d-line that Harris would occupy.
I guess JJ Watt, Myles Garrett, TJ Watt, Bosa brothers never played a down inside the tackle box and earned a sack.
Edge rushers are employed all throughout the defense to create the best possible one on one matchup to pressure, hit or sack the QB.

I'll surely be glad to witness history this upcoming season when Thibodeaux slides inside the tackle box and records a sack.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping we can grab one of those as well but the kid from Utah will be long gone by our pick.
He looks like the only one in the draft that could have an immediate impact for us at linebacker.

Dean, from Georgia. But he'll be gone, too.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got 2 1sts for a garbage QB though!

If you can seriously for a minute - if he’s a great evaluator then he must have known Stafford would win them a ring, thus giving us the 32nd pick (maybe next year too).

That’s bad.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess JJ Watt, Myles Garrett, TJ Watt, Bosa brothers never played a down inside the tackle box and earned a sack.

I'll surely be glad to witness history this upcoming season when Thibodeaux slides inside the tackle box and records a sack.

C32A148E-7033-407B-9B82-11F243DC2E43.gif

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can seriously for a minute - if he’s a great evaluator then he must have known Stafford would win them a ring, thus giving us the 32nd pick (maybe next year too).

That’s bad.
In all seriousness. Outside of Rams fans, the majority of people think the Rams got fleeced with that trade initially. Very few at the time thought the Lions lost that trade. Rams did win the SB, so it lowered the value. I think betting the team you traded with not winning the Super Bowl is a fair assumption.

I think you are seeing negative on the trade because you want to.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness. Outside of Rams fans, the majority of people think the Rams got fleeced with that trade initially. Very few at the time thought the Lions lost that trade. Rams did win the SB, so it lowered the value. I think betting the team you traded with not winning the Super Bowl is a fair assumption.

I think you are seeing negative on the trade because you want to.

Think about it. If Bad Brad is really this amazing evaluator - that’s why we hired him - then he had to have known Stafford would win the SB there - or at the very least do very well. What other people thought is irrelevant.

Did he think Stafford would fail and was wrong? Making him the not so great evaluator after all?

Or is he great and knew Stafford would thrive in LA and just helped his old team win a Lombardi? Stuck us w the worst pick in R1?

Either way it’s not a good look.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it. If Bad Brad is really this amazing evaluator - that’s why we hired him - then he had to have known Stafford would win the SB there - or at the very least do very well. What other people thought is irrelevant.

Did he think Stafford would fail and was wrong? Making him the not so great evaluator after all?

Or is he great and knew Stafford would thrive in LA and just helped his old team win a Lombardi? Stuck us w the worst pick in R1?

Either way it’s not a good look.
We disagree I guess. He has done other things which I am not a fan of, but holding it against him that the Rams would then trade for Von Miller and then get OBJ for free is not a realistic standard.

You want to apply an absolute failure to a trade that is not even half complete while ignoring everything that happened after. You painted a narrative to fit your preconceived notions of Holmes. You have not formed any sort of objective opinion.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We disagree I guess. He has done other things which I am not a fan of, but holding it against him that the Rams would then trade for Von Miller and then get OBJ for free is not a realistic standard.

You want to apply an absolute failure to a trade that is not even half complete while ignoring everything that happened after. You painted a narrative to fit your preconceived notions of Holmes. You have not formed any sort of objective opinion.

Ok.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else up for some meaningful conversation?

Or are we just happy w 32?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else up for some meaningful conversation?

Or are we just happy w 32?
We got a 3rd last year and a 1st round QB plus a first this year and next year. Not to mention saved a boatload of money. Lions were not close to winning anything even with Stafford and his contract would have kept it that way. It made sense since we were in total rebuild mode.

Rams have no future after this year. They will be in cap hell. They loaded up to make 1 run and it worked. Made sense for them since even without Stafford they would be in cap hell in a few years anyway. They will not be able to pay all the stars they have on the team. They were a better QB away from a SB and they were right.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Brad know this too?

Do we know all the offers that were made for Stafford that the Lions decided to take this one? No, and we probably never will. Stafford appeared to be a good player on a series of bad teams. Better to get something and move on than nothing and stay stagnant.

And yes, I was someone who rooted for Stafford, fully aware the better he did the worse the value of the pick. The Lions have been picking so often in the top sixteen without resulting in improvement why be upset with the pick being the last slot of the first round? I’m happy the team got as many picks as they did to help rebuild.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know all the offers that were made for Stafford that the Lions decided to take this one? No, and we probably never will. Stafford appeared to be a good player on a series of bad teams. Better to get something and move on than nothing and stay stagnant.

And yes, I was someone who rooted for Stafford, fully aware the better he did the worse the value of the pick. The Lions have been picking so often in the top sixteen without resulting in improvement why be upset with the pick being the last slot of the first round? I’m happy the team got as many picks as they did to help rebuild.
There was a rumor out there that the Panthers had offered Bridgewater and the 8 pick in last years draft for Stafford. I think you can make the case that would be a better deal. It is for sure is not significantly better.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know all the offers that were made for Stafford that the Lions decided to take this one?

Apparently there were several, but our GM took the one where he got his QB. Another questionable decision.

And it really goes back to him being a great evaluator. If he is, then good for us. But he must have known he was getting two poor picks back in this deal if he is. Which says he really traded for Goff. The picks were secondary.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently there were several, but our GM took the one where he got his QB. Another questionable decision.

And it really goes back to him being a great evaluator. If he is, then good for us. But he must have known he was getting two poor picks back in this deal if he is. Which says he really traded for Goff. The picks were secondary.

Here is a breakdown of some of the trades that are rumored. The only one that sounds like it is significantly better is not really confirmed and the team is not even named. Panthers may have been slightly better, 19 pick from the Redskins is not better, Colts did not even offer a first, 49ers dropped out because they could not match what was already offered.

Here is another article on potential other trades, Section called Trade of the Year is pretty far down, but he does a pretty deep dive into it.