• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If their is indeed a MLB lockout next 2022 season if a deal is not done by December 1st could relocation and expansion make up for this possibly?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The major league portion of the Rule 5 draft, which was scheduled for 12/9 has been cancelled.

First time in 101 years.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't really done a deep dive on this lockout...what do the owners want to force this?

What are they fighting over?​

From the players' standpoint, they'd like to address their shrinking share of those league revenues (indicated in part by the declining average player salary), the occasional practice of service-time manipulation (i.e., when teams hold back a clearly ready prospect in order to delay his free agency and arbitration eligibility for a full year), and the "tanking" problem, among other matters. Teams have increasingly trended younger in their roster construction, and the union will be fighting to get those younger players paid more in line with their on-field value while also seeking incentives to make teams more competitive with one another. The owners, meantime, will likely be looking to maintain the status quo since the expiring CBA largely worked out to their benefit. In the end, yes, it's a fight over money, which, to be fair, is a very good reason to fight. :suds:

fuck both them like they dont make enough money:suds:

DesiredFan382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So expansion or relocation wouldn’t be a good idea to look into once the MLB lockout is over?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got to say I'm leaning team owner here....about the only thing I think the players get right is bigger salaries to deserving young players

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf. More asterisks

They should have figured this out months ago. Every five years it's the same financial issues between the owners and players association. The pandemic further complicate things. Should the pay be prorated based on games played, etc.

Spring camps were set to open this week, with games starting on Feb. 26, but all of that is on hold.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got to say I'm leaning team owner here....about the only thing I think the players get right is bigger salaries to deserving young players

there is the business side of things and then the entertainment side of things.. for the sports health they need to give the entertainment part of things the priority... but that will never happen...

and thats the shame... baseball is a dying form of entertainment in this country, and yet these people are too focused on the business end...

i will never support owners until all owners are there with the priority to win in the next 5 years.. players might be interested in themselves first too, but at least their success benefits the fans as well as themselves...

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is the business side of things and then the entertainment side of things.. for the sports health they need to give the entertainment part of things the priority... but that will never happen...

and thats the shame... baseball is a dying form of entertainment in this country, and yet these people are too focused on the business end...

i will never support owners until all owners are there with the priority to win in the next 5 years.. players might be interested in themselves first too, but at least their success benefits the fans as well as themselves...

It has been slowing but I wouldn't say it's dying. Attendance reached a high in 2007 with 79 million and 33,000 per game then declined a little each year to 68 million and 28,000 per game in 2019. Worst of all it reached a low of 45 million in 2021 and 18,000 per game with covid. So the owners want to make up their gate by playing hard ball with the players. If we have a lockout this year, it won't help the owners any. Attendance might not recover so quickly.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major League Baseball has canceled opening day, with commissioner Rob Manfred announcing Tuesday the sport will lose regular-season games over a labor dispute for the first time in 27 years after acrimonious lockout talks collapsed in the hours before management's deadline.

Manfred said he is canceling the first two series of the season that was set to begin March 31, dropping the schedule from 162 games to likely 156 games at most. Manfred said the league and union have not made plans for future negotiations. Players won't be paid for missed games.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lockout right now is not a bad thing. It gives both sides a chance to take a step back and take a good look at the situation and come to a reasonable agreement to move forward.
This did not age well

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Waiting over a month to give the players an offer was a mistake. They should have at least reached out before Christmas.
Because owners aren’t serious about getting a deal done for baseball. They have already fought their asses off to expand the season to where they lose tv numbers by going straight up with the NFL and NCAA football. Now they want to go up against the NBA and weather in northern cities.