• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning to SF next year?

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So if the Colts continue to suck and draft Andrew Luck, they may cut ties with Peyton Manning. How would you feel about Manning coming to SF? I wouldnt mind seeing it myself.

Didnt Manning take over for Harbaugh in Indy in 1998? That would be ironic.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think manning finishes as a colt. he's a damn good qb still, one of the best.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would all like to think this could be possible, but it isn't. However, that would be awesome.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I feel its possible because the Colts have the opt out for him. People didnt think Montana to the Chiefs was realistic. This isnt Mannings 1st Neck injury and Manning believes if you draft a qb 1st overall he needs to be starting. I dont think its that far fetched. He could be released or traded.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel its possible because the Colts have the opt out for him. People didnt think Montana to the Chiefs was realistic. This isnt Mannings 1st Neck injury and Manning believes if you draft a qb 1st overall he needs to be starting. I dont think its that far fetched. He could be released or traded.

there is no way they will release him. He is to valuable for a trade.

And I do not see the Colts trading him. At least not right after drafting Luck. They would draft Luck and let him sit behind Manning for a couple years and learn from him.

There is no way they draft him then trade Manning right away. They would be getting rid of a top 5 QB for a rookie. Its not happening.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Colts get Luck, Manning stays put, whether he is wearing a helmet or a headset.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way the Colts would do it is if they thought that Manning wouldn't mentor Luck and instead pouted and refused (not likely) or if Manning was so injured that he wouldn't be worth trading for (not that the Colts would disclose that or make it known to the public that's what they thought).

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way the Colts would do it is if they thought that Manning wouldn't mentor Luck and instead pouted and refused (not likely) or if Manning was so injured that he wouldn't be worth trading for (not that the Colts would disclose that or make it known to the public that's what they thought).

If the Colts are willing to trade Manning then you can probably infer that they don't think he will recover, Luck or no Luck.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They can opt out of his contract after this year. No more money on the books after the opt out.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not from my understanding. It becomes a 1yr 25mil contract if they opt out.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was trying to dig up some details, and from what I saw his cap number was 16M this year, so that sounds like 9M in dead money.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I live in Indy.

I think the Colts would like to trade the rights to Luck but of the 5+ loss teams on the way to Suck town

Carolina
Jacksonville
Arizona
Minnesota
Miami
St. Louis

5 have invested big in QB. That gums up the works.

They would have to be BLOWN AWAY to trade the pick on the clock. Makes more sense for them to take him and then have a continuing dialog with a couple teams and if a player they want is still there down the board they can base a trade around that piece to help win a SuperBowl the next 4 years.

You don't feel good just taking a lot of picks straight up. Look at the WR failure of the 2004 draft. Look at the top 10 picks being mostly fail in the 2005 draft.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ the way they are playing i cant see any other outcome than that they plan on getting the top pick. with that pick they plan to draft QB. there is no way the team is really as bad as they are pretending to be, but they will make sure no other team outsucks them.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope this season makes them change the way the no.1 pick is done but its also interesting if two or three teams end up fighting for the pick

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Peyton cant play next year

I think he would serves as the offensive coordinator for next year if he cant play next season. That would be nice because he's basically the OC when he plays any ways

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope this season makes them change the way the no.1 pick is done but its also interesting if two or three teams end up fighting for the pick

Hell no to a lottery, that is the 3rd worst rule in sports behind the DH in baseball and Home Field in the World Series is determined by the winning league in the All Star game. You are punishing a team for being bad by making it harder for them to not be bad.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
^ the way they are playing i cant see any other outcome than that they plan on getting the top pick. with that pick they plan to draft QB. there is no way the team is really as bad as they are pretending to be, but they will make sure no other team outsucks them.

Who is in on the plan? Players? Coaches?