• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning to SF next year?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
but they will make sure no other team outsucks them.

You have to admit that the Dolphins are putting up a good fight. Mike Nolan calling a nickel defense against Tebow on that last play and letting him run one in was a clever touch. They are certainly contenders, and I'd guess have a tougher schedule than Indy does.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You have to admit that the Dolphins are putting up a good fight. Mike Nolan calling a nickel defense against Tebow on that last play and letting him run one in was a clever touch. They are certainly contenders, and I'd guess have a tougher schedule than Indy does.

Isn't it the team with the weakest schedule that wins that tie break?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hadn't even considered that......there could be a couple 0 - 16 teams. If that's the tiebreaker I'd have to imagine the AFC east team will have the tougher one in the end......though the Colts are probably playing a generally tougher schedule cause they were better last year......wow, could be a tight finish.

I think it would be awesome if there was some kind of bidding war for Jim Hostler among these Suck for Luck teams. Its one thing to lose your starting QB and not replace him like Dolphins and Colts did, but installing Hostler at OC would be like playing some kind of trump card of suck.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hadn't even considered that......there could be a couple 0 - 16 teams. If that's the tiebreaker I'd have to imagine the AFC east team will have the tougher one in the end......though the Colts are probably playing a generally tougher schedule cause they were better last year......wow, could be a tight finish.

I think it would be awesome if there was some kind of bidding war for Jim Hostler among these Suck for Luck teams. Its one thing to lose your starting QB and not replace him like Dolphins and Colts did, but installing Hostler at OC would be like playing some kind of trump card of suck.

Laughter has commenced!!! Repped!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wouldn't trade for Manning after that neck injury. He may never play again.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't trade for Manning after that neck injury. He may never play again.

I've got $20 with a friend that says he retires at the end of the season. Now that his streak is over I believe this injury will influence him to re-think his future.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've got $20 with a friend that says he retires at the end of the season. Now that his streak is over I believe this injury will influence him to re-think his future.

interesting thought? Manning wants to play but he sees a piss poor team? does he want to risk futher injury? risk playing on another bad team next year?

whats the upside for him in Indy? cause looking ahead he doesn't see another SB, not even play-offs?

how many good years does he have left anyway?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If Colts are smart they would draft Luck and trade Manning. If healthy Manning should net the Colts some nice draft picks which you would turn around and use to replenish the talent on your roster especially the defensive side of the ball.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
interesting thought? Manning wants to play but he sees a piss poor team? does he want to risk futher injury? risk playing on another bad team next year?

whats the upside for him in Indy? cause looking ahead he doesn't see another SB, not even play-offs?

how many good years does he have left anyway?

Exactly. I'm not counting my windfall or anything, but at this point, as I see it and as you point out, it seems like a good time for Peyton to start thinking about a different kind of future. That said, we all watched first hand how strong the lure and the addiction can be to take just one more snap.