• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning to Part ways tomorrow

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
snoopydance1.jpg

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the joy to see him in niner uniform next year

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can dream right lol

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM Trent Baalke told radio station KNBR San Francisco that the 49ers have not had discussions "internally" about pursuing Peyton Manning.
We're confident that Manning's name has surfaced in team meetings, but it's also easy to believe Baalke and coach Jim Harbaugh quickly shot the possibility down in favor of re-signing Alex Smith. It's worth noting that doctors have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that speculation Manning isn't throwing well and may struggle to return are "baloney ... He's coming back."
Related: 49ers
Source: KNBR San Francisco on Twitter Mar 6 - 6:24 PM

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm thinking manning goes to the chiefs

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he signs for someone in the division, I will personally start a bounty fund for the players. If he wants a legit chance at a super bowl before he retires, he comes here, if he wants a pay day he goes else where.

My question is this, are we able to offer him like a percentage of ticket sales for example or something like that and only give him like 5-8mil contract per year so he wouldn't be a huge cap hit? I was thinking about this in my head but not sure its legal or ownership would even do something like that.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't believe they would think their better of with alex

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The minute Peyton gets cut, he can start negotiating with other teams.

He does not have to wait for the free agency window to open up.

So we might see some free agent action even before 1 week from now!
I hope he gets on a plane to SF. Do you think that would piss Alex Smith off?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be to worried about alex getting pissed his option at starting are limited

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1–The 49ers of Trent Baalke and Jim Harbaugh aren’t in this for headline-grabbing media circus shows.

That may be true, but Baalke/Harbaugh have been together for one season. Not enough of a sample size to draw that conclusion.

2–As an adjunct of that, the 49ers under Baalke and Harbaugh shy away from bidding wars and market-inflated price tags.

Again, there is no ample evidence to support either side of this argument. Even the most notorious spenders (Jones, Snyder) have quiet off-seasons now and then.

3–Nobody has any idea if Manning can play even one game, forget about a whole season and into the playoffs.

Moot point. Neither do other teams, and he won't be offered a contract, maybe an incentive based contract, without proper research by the teams.

4–The 49ers REALLY LIKE SMITH. This is obvious, but it bears repeating when people start saying they should go after Manning or someone else.

I'm not quite convinced that Baalke likes Alex as much as Harbaugh.

5–Last but not least, Manning and Smith have the same power-agent, Tom Condon, which means there’s little chance the 49ers can pit the two against each other in a negotiation, if they wanted to.

I don't see why it has to be Manning vs Smith only, but this is the only decent point Kawacrapmi gives.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't see Condon putting Manning in the one place that values Smith the most.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could see the conversation with condon going like this.

condon: o high mr baalke, rdy to sign alex smith

baalke: fuck no bitch, at 10+ a year i'm calling about manning

condon: i'll call u back

2 hours later smith is signed for 7 a year

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't see Condon putting Manning in the one place that values Smith the most.

Manning is not an immature young player that doesn't know what consistutes a legitimate contract or a good environment. Rest assured that Manning will have more say in where he lands than you think, and it will be where he thinks he can win.

Out of all the teams that need a QB, we're the best.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of a better situation for manning then sf I know the lines the not greatest but he will make the line and vd a hell of a lot better.