• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning chooses Broncos

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasnt drafted #1 overall or even in the first round for that matter. So, what are your expectations of a 2nd round draft pick? Are you saying he will be a bust because he doesnt have the ability to play at this level?

yes

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is all about the money not about Ring.

I wouldn't say that.

harbaugh is a bit of a control freak. He's been what the niners needed but that doesn't mean someone like PM is going to want to work for him.

I have no problem with PM's decision.

More concerned with the niners finding a long term solution at QB and we don't have that on the roster right now IMO.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Probably the loosest definition of stalking I've ever seen presented. Two posts. Get over yourself.

Anyway, why not just drop the pretense and finally embrace being Cazic? I mean, I give al Qaeda more credit than you give Smith.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cazic?

tumblr_m0fqnrYZda1r5sqx6.gif

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just shows that Manning is all about control. He wants to be in total control and Harbaugh is too strong a personality for Manning to compete with.

JAY52PWILLS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well peyton you sir made a stupid stupid decision OBTW i dont want alex back either F HIM TOO LET CK START FUCK THAT........

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Looks like Manning really didn't want to play his lil brother. Can't say I'm shocked as he never came to sf to see the facilities. I'll bet that there will be Manningbowl in 2014 rigged by the NFL.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. Can we please not get into this until he has a chance to show it? I've already gone through seven years of people calling our QB a bust, I don't want to go through the next year or so with people calling our next potential QB a bust, too until he gets a shot. (This is not a real plea, as I know this is a messageboard where opinions are needed.)

I dont know what makes you think I would consider him a potential bust, when i agree with whats in bold. The reason for my questions is to see what evidence on this level is he basing his opinion on...

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@SI_PeterKing: Source in SF says SB-or-bust feel would have bugged PM.

Can't say I'm sad about Manning not choosing SF. I'd rather have a QB who embraces the pressure of winning a championship.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Manning really didn't want to play his lil brother. Can't say I'm shocked as he never came to sf to see the facilities. I'll bet that there will be Manningbowl in 2014 rigged by the NFL.

why 2014? to not make it look so obvious out the gate?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but isn't the purported deal 5 years, 90 mil? Would the combined lifetime contract and salary have matched that? I'm only speculating.

He would of got that 90 mil plus whatever they would pay him as GM or part owner. I dont know the detail but i think it would be safe to assume it would surpass just 90 mil...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Shouldn't you be calling him Alexis? And why the "if", just assume his feelings are hurt and rip away. Why are you holding back?

I guess having hurt feelings is a natural human reaction, but Smith is pretty reasonable and this was a pretty unique situation. How often does one of the best QBs in the history of the game become a FA? Can you really fault your team for taking a look?

We made Smith what we considered a fair offer, he declined it - at least temporarily, and we looked elsewhere. I don't think there should be any major issues if he wants to return to the team, and we certainly shouldn't imitate the Jets' monetary apology for looking at Manning. Smith can sign with us, build on his success, and make a case to remain the starter for the foreseeable future. Or he can go to the Phins who will very likely look long and hard at Tannehill and will almost certainly add a QB in the first three rounds.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. Can we please not get into this until he has a chance to show it? I've already gone through seven years of people calling our QB a bust, I don't want to go through the next year or so with people calling our next potential QB a bust, too until he gets a shot. (This is not a real plea, as I know this is a messageboard where opinions are needed.)

My contention is we do not have a QB on the roster that is a long term solution IMO.

Based on what I saw in college Kap is going to be a bust.

You don't have to like or agree with it but it is and has been my opinion consistently for the past year. Anytime a discussion on QB comes up it has a place, like it or not.

Time will tell but I would hope they are looking at drafting someone. We all know some of the best QB's have come from later rounds. That is our answer, not some happy foot QB from the WAC.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would 't worry about Alex leaving. He isn't going to get a better offer and he'd have to learn a new system. He'll stay.

I know folks are saying daddy had something to do with PM's decision. I think it's more likely the whole one agent having both QB's may have had an impact.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My contention is we do not have a QB on the roster that is a long term solution IMO.

Based on what I saw in college Kap is going to be a bust.

You don't have to like or agree with it but it is and has been my opinion consistently for the past year. Anytime a discussion on QB comes up it has a place, like it or not.

Time will tell but I would hope they are looking at drafting someone. We all know some of the best QB's have come from later rounds. That is our answer, not some happy foot QB from the WAC.

IF, kap gets a chance to be a starter and doesnt have success that you expect from a starter but proves to be a solid back up, I wouldnt label him a bust as a 2nd round pick.
Do to the fact the niners traded up in the second to get him, does that equate to higher expectations?