• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning chooses Broncos

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what are the odds Archie had more to do with this decision than Peyton?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn. Was really getting my hopes up with him. Owell we should of known better, I really though he was going to go to Tennessee tho. A part of me hopes we don't sign Smith so we can see what Kapernack does, but Smith is our best option now.

The best case scenario would be to be honest with Smith and tell him we want him back on the roster and say, clearly, we are not willing to commit long term, but are open to it if he shows it. Have an honest, open competition. Having Smith is only a negative if it's handed to him, if he earns it, it shows Kaep is not ready. Having said that, I can see it being unrealistic to expect a full open competition when Alex is given at east 10 M guaranteed.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he would of picked the titans i would say 99.9% lol

Unless Elways was in archies ear the whole time./\

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway was on Peyton's knob and that was the deciding factor.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say pretty high. Didn't Bud Adams offer Peyton AND Archie ownership? Archie has always had his hands in his son's careers. Annoyingly so.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm glad we didn't sign peyton manning he is one hit a way from ending his career and when Alex smith hold up the Lombardi Trophy u will be like PEYTON WHO??

Gotta disagree. Give me Manning over Smith any day. The opportunity was just too perfect to pass on without an effort to sign him. But, it didn't happen and now we move on with Smith or whomever.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree. Give me Manning over Smith any day. The opportunity was just too perfect to pass on without an effort to sign him. But, it didn't happen and now we move on with Smith or whomever.

Exactly. If Alex's feelings got hurt because we went after Manning he can fuck off.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
booo screw you manning i never wanted you anyway! #alexsmith4life!

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad this is all over with. It's funny how we really came close on attaining him b/c I laughed at all the posters that brought up the idea during last season. I would've love to have him, but the attention shifts to Alex vs. CK. I would like to bring Alex back and see how he would do with an improved WR corp.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Clark to Denver is looking like it can happen now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap is going to be a bust. He has worse accuracy issues than Smith.

Yea he sucked really bad last year......oh wait

He wasnt drafted #1 overall or even in the first round for that matter. So, what are your expectations of a 2nd round draft pick? Are you saying he will be a bust because he doesnt have the ability to play at this level?

Ugh. Can we please not get into this until he has a chance to show it? I've already gone through seven years of people calling our QB a bust, I don't want to go through the next year or so with people calling our next potential QB a bust, too until he gets a shot. (This is not a real plea, as I know this is a messageboard where opinions are needed.)

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah this is interesting,,,Manning a Donkey,I hope that blows up in their face,

as for Smith I think he goes back to the 49ers

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actully am happy PM is not coming to the 49ers. It is not established he can take hit after hit...while it is intriguing to have his ability it is not a given he will last. As for Asmith who had a good year managing the offense not throwing ints. it is not established he can win multiple big games. He always had a very poor 3rd down conversion ratio and that continues to be a big problem. If he were to go to the FINS I dont see that as more than a 9mo. problem. Sometimes you need to stir things up and bring in new blood to suceed and not fear change. Alex might be maxed out right here with the year he had last year. Question: would you say Alex will only give up 5 ints next yr.? If that total goes up much he is not going to be effective at all. Ck and Tolzein might be better after a little time in the saddle..I kinda liked the Tolzein signing after he chewed up our 2nd squad in the SD game last year. Showed a lot of pose and game. JMHO

I was following you until you said this. With Moss and Manningham and a Crabtree who knows the system, I am fully expecting a higher production and with time, I expect him to be better, too. It doesn't make him Manning and Kaep is still likely to replace him at some point, but he has not maxed out - even though he will have more than 5 ints this next year. I thought Smith showed more poise in the Saints game than Tolzien in the SD game, of course, so I'm willing this year to see what Alex can do with his new toys.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm serious though......you don't have an ounce of respect for him, assume the worst at every single stage, assume guys you've never seen play can outplay him. Just drop the pretense and say what you really think.