• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning chooses Broncos

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with that, Manning is a one of a kind talent and I think it just shows they know he is a better option then Smith and that his professionalism can help Kapernack develop until he is ready. I am sure they believe in plenty of people on the team, just not Smith or anyone at the QB position, yet.

Smith has had 7 years.

Enough already.

He isn't it.

And Kap won't be either. I watched him play college.

We need to draft a diamond in the rough or get used to not quite making the big game.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense to me now:

1) Denver has a coordinator who will let Manning do pretty much whatever he wants.
2) Coors beer
3) John Elway gives great bj's with that horse-like mouth

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the stand point of being comfortable I can see some appeal with the Broncos but if it was about winning than that was the worst choice.

They can add Clark and Saturday but most of the marquee free agents are off the board and the only significant move they can make is getting Wallace but on the flipside that will cost them a much needed draft pick.

Their defense isn't horrible but it's not great either and still needs a lot of work.

So basically this season won't be a Super Bowl contending season and even though the AFC West is the weakest division it's still not a lock by any means if the Chargers can bounce back.

Oh wow, i wonder if Denver will make a move for Wallace now?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the end, it turned out being all about the $$$.....

Demaryious(spell) Thomas is their best WR imo....

Maybe tebow could line up as FB?

haha and tebowmania is over. Wouldnt be surprised to see Broncos go after Wallace now.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally disagree... the 49ers going after Manning believe that he gives us the best chance next year and the following year.

Down the road CK gives us the best chance to win.

Kap is going to be a bust. He has worse accuracy issues than Smith.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has had 7 years.

Enough already.

He isn't it.

We need to draft a diamond in the rough or get used to not quite making the big game.

You stated that they do not believe any one on the roster is a long term solution, not anyone at the QB position. This is why I disagreed with you. I can understand that nobody in the QB position is the answer.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Alex might be a little jaded but he'll be back since this is still the best spot for him.

I mean cmon it's not like we were trying to replace him with Kyle Orton, Chad Henne, or Brady Quinn. I mean it was one of the greatest of QBs of all time we were trying to sign and he would do the same thing if he was in the organizations shoes.

And Alex knows better than anyone if you win and perform it cures all.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has had 7 years.

Enough already.

He isn't it.

Any suggestions for who this mystery Super Bowl winning QB is?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap is going to be a bust. He has worse accuracy issues than Smith.

He wasnt drafted #1 overall or even in the first round for that matter. So, what are your expectations of a 2nd round draft pick? Are you saying he will be a bust because he doesnt have the ability to play at this level?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They made the effort though so I give the Niner brass credit for that. But I think that even if Manning played great and the Niners went deep in the playoffs I think we would have seen Harbaugh quit at the end of the season. I think the two would have had an extremely dificult time coexisting.

Now its off to make an apology to Alex Smith and get him signed I would think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
For one they did have a really good defense too. Plus they probably offered him the most money with all that cap space. Who is even there top wR tho? I guess with all that cap space they can start adding, but the wR market has dried up this yr.

The thing is they really don't have a good defense. It's not horrible but not really that good either.

They beat up on some pretty lousy offenses to look better than they were. When they faced good offenses they got absolutely torched. Detroit, Green Bay, Buffalo, and the Patriots twice all hung 40+ on them.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made the ffort though so I give the Niner brass credit for that. But I think that even if Manning played great and the Niners went deep in the playoffs I think we would have seen Harbaugh quit at the end of the season. The thibnk the two would have had an extremely dificult time coexisting.

Now its off to make an apology to Alex Smith and get him signed I would think.

I seriously doubt Harbuagh would quit at the end of the season. He does not seem like the type to just give up to me. He has to much passion for that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess that ring isn't that important to him.

Well at the very least we can say we tried and we don't have to go through the season wondering or saying "Why didn't we go for Manning"

I'm a pessimst at times but I always look for the silver lining. That's why when I heard about our workout, my first thought was NOT "What about Alex?" or "Superbowl, here we come!" but rather, "At least we tried".

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can't believe for one, seeing Peyton in another jersey and two, the broncos?

I mean, it's not an out of nowhere move, but why denver? Was he sold on that offensive line so much?

Poor tebow....

He likes horse mascots. Made it an easy choice.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actully am happy PM is not coming to the 49ers. It is not established he can take hit after hit...while it is intriguing to have his ability it is not a given he will last. As for Asmith who had a good year managing the offense not throwing ints. it is not established he can win multiple big games. He always had a very poor 3rd down conversion ratio and that continues to be a big problem. If he were to go to the FINS I dont see that as more than a 9mo. problem. Sometimes you need to stir things up and bring in new blood to suceed and not fear change. Alex might be maxed out right here with the year he had last year. Question: would you say Alex will only give up 5 ints next yr.? If that total goes up much he is not going to be effective at all. Ck and Tolzein might be better after a little time in the saddle..I kinda liked the Tolzein signing after he chewed up our 2nd squad in the SD game last year. Showed a lot of pose and game. JMHO

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm glad we didn't sign peyton manning he is one hit a way from ending his career and when Alex smith hold up the Lombardi Trophy u will be like PEYTON WHO??

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In all seriousness, pretty surprised by this. Like most, I thought it was SF or Tenn. I think we made the right moves in this thing. Now we see what happens. Does Smith sign the deal we offered? Does he try to get more? Should be interesting.