• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning chooses Broncos

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He likes horse mascots. Made it an easy choice.

th_tumblr_li43rpxQks1qbqrtb.gif

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got absolutely excited by the chase and now that its over its not the end of the world. Alex will resign. It's exactly how it was on Thursday.

Having said that, and realizing that Peyton has earned the right to play where he wants, It's kind of weak that he turned down his best chance for winning to play in Denver. Particularly if its because of the NFC/Eli thing.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd laugh if he didn't...will Smith be able to up the anty on SF now that Manning is out of the equation?

I'm not sure. He might be able to get a little more out of the team, but I don't think much. They gave him a fair offer, and they've demonstrated they're ok with him walking. I think Harbaugh and Baalke would be fine with letting Smith walk. The one problem with the Broncos is that there isn't a decent NFL starting QB who will fall out as a result. With the Titans, at least Hass would be an option.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm glad we didn't sign peyton manning he is one hit a way from ending his career and when Alex smith hold up the Lombardi Trophy u will be like PEYTON WHO??

Every player is one hit from there career ending. Manning has been cleared to play by numerous doctors and numerous doctors have stated that his neck is healed.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Smith has had 7 years.

Enough already.

He isn't it.

And Kap won't be either. I watched him play college.

We need to draft a diamond in the rough
or get used to not quite making the big game.

These two statements seem almost contradictory. Any "diamond in the rough" won't have looked like the answer during college.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting to see if Miami ups their offer. Now that would be something.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't expect him to go Broncos. Guess his preference to stay in the AFC was stronger than I thought. Well, looks like Alex gets to prove himself yet again next season.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't want Hasslebeck.

His chronic back problems is in the same category as Peyton's chronic neck problems.

After one good whiplash blind side hit you can ship em' both off to the geriatric unit. :-)

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We might throw Smith a bone and up the dollars a little bit but I doubt it would be much.

I don't think we would hesitate to go with CK and for Smith the 49ers are still by far the best situation for him.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure. He might be able to get a little more out of the team, but I don't think much. They gave him a fair offer, and they've demonstrated they're ok with him walking. I think Harbaugh and Baalke would be fine with letting Smith walk. The one problem with the Broncos is that there isn't a decent NFL starting QB who will fall out as a result. With the Titans, at least Hass would be an option.

Yeah, totally agree. Barrows just tweeted that the FO is comfortable with their FA offers/Player Valuation. If they had prepared for life without Peyton or Alex then I doubt they'd change their offer. And,honestly, will he get a better offer? Doubt it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt Harbuagh would quit at the end of the season. He does not seem like the type to just give up to me. He has to much passion for that.

I've always thought Harbaugh was an excellent candidate for early burnout even without the friction Peyton taking over the offense from him would have caused. That passion you speak of is a prime reason guys like him do burn out.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
These two statements seem almost contradictory. Any "diamond in the rough" won't have looked like the answer during college.

I think most people underestimate CK. He's your diamond in the rough.

The reason Baalke and Harbaugh played this QB game is because if it failed and Manning and Alex were both gone, they knew they could fall back on CK.

I'm thinking 2012 CK = 2011 Cam Newton. I'll take that. Sure there will be mistakes but also big plays.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't expect him to go Broncos. Guess his preference to stay in the AFC was stronger than I thought. Well, looks like Alex gets to prove himself yet again next season.

Well, you only have to play .500 ball to win that division and it appears that the Broncos are willing to give him the 5 years 95 mill he lost out on in Indy. I think he was partially concerned about the deep competition in the NFC as well.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I got absolutely excited by the chase and now that its over its not the end of the world. Alex will resign. It's exactly how it was on Thursday.

Having said that, and realizing that Peyton has earned the right to play where he wants, It's kind of weak that he turned down his best chance for winning to play in Denver. Particularly if its because of the NFC/Eli thing.

If Manning can still bring the goods, Denver will be relevant in '12. Their defense looked very good late last season.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver d seemed really inconsistent to me wasn't there a handfuls of games they gave up over 28ppints

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manning can still bring the goods, Denver will be relevant in '12. Their defense looked very good late last season.

They'll absolutely be relevant. But I don't see them being as strong as us. I may be wrong.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too was surprised that he chose the Broncos. I thought it would be the Titans since he went to Tennessee. Well, at least the Niners tried getting him. Smith should sign with the Niners. This gives him the best opportunity to succeed and with the additional receivers that the Niners signed, it should give him more confidence to make plays.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver d seemed really inconsistent to me wasn't there a handfuls of games they gave up over 28ppints

Miller hurt his hand and had to play through it the rest of the season and Dawkins went out after week 14. Their D wasn't the same when those two got hurt. Before that their D was winning games for the team.