• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Magic Johnson on First Take

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would anyone want Rob Pelinka as their GM?

He has no experience, he is a former agent, he is not well liked.

The Lakers brain trust right now is Jeanie Buss, Kurt and Linda Rambis and Rob Pelinka. That is a very underwhelming group. Objectively it has to be one of the worst management groups in the NBA, if not the worst.

The coaching search caused the franchise further humilation on the national level- and then Magic comes out and rips them.

And while Magic was in no way good at his job- he has a lot more credibility on the national stage then Rob Pelinka or Jeanie Buss or Linda or Kurt Rambis.

Jeanie has come out and said that she WILL NOT be hiring a President of Basksetball Operations- so whoever heard or spread the rumor that one was already in the chute from a team still in the playoffs was terribly terribly wrong.

Ujiri is not coming and was never coming.

The Lakers brain trust is Jeanie Buss, Rob Pelinka and Kurt and Linda Rambis. Thats fucking awful. They should have hired a David Griffin like guy to bring in his own team and bring the basketball operations into the 21st century---- instead---- Pelinka is shouting out Kurt and Linda Rambis in a presser.

If I was a Lakers fan I would be furious.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Links - the new gm intends to meet with Davis in Los Angeles and work it out - they aren't interested in trading and it appears that they will see if Zion with Davis can make a run
Davis is probably getting traded. It sounds like the owner will "over her dead body" let a trade to the Lakers happen.

I would bet a deal to the Knicks for the 3rd pick, Knox, DSJ etc. is a fair bet.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure. The biggest difference being the sheer number of sources saying that is happening. But, yes, that is still speculation and rumor right now.
I mean, if the Knicks get KD, its only logical another free agent follows, and having a top 3 pick in a draft where there are a consensus top 3 players certainly helps the Knicks chances in a trade for Davis.

It is certainly possible the Knicks sign KD, another free agent joins him, and then they trade everything they have left thats not nailed down for Davis.

Starting a new team with Zion and Barrett would be an interesting way to go.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is probably getting traded. It sounds like the owner will "over her dead body" let a trade to the Lakers happen.

I would bet a deal to the Knicks for the 3rd pick, Knox, DSJ etc. is a fair bet.
I wouldn't touch that bet because I think the Pelicans have convinced themselves that with some one like Zion and possibly a free agent, that playing out the next season will change AD's mind and quite frankly - They can do much better then the shit New York has. That's a pipe dream

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't touch that bet because I think the Pelicans have convinced themselves that with some one like Zion and possibly a free agent, that playing out the next season will change AD's mind and quite frankly - They can do much better then the shit New York has. That's a pipe dream
the #3 pick, Kevin Knox and Dennis Smith Jr. is "shit"?

Griffin is obviously trying to protect the asset- but he is not going to let Davis walk for nothing.

Trading Davis to the Knicks get him out of the conference, and gets the Pelicans 2 of the top 3 picks in a draft that has 3 top level talents- plus 2 other good young talents that are still on rookie contracts and years away from extensions.

I think you need to use some common sense.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the #3 pick, Kevin Knox and Dennis Smith Jr. is "shit"?

Griffin is obviously trying to protect the asset- but he is not going to let Davis walk for nothing.

Trading Davis to the Knicks get him out of the conference, and gets the Pelicans 2 of the top 3 picks in a draft that has 3 top level talents- plus 2 other good young talents that are still on rookie contracts and years away from extensions.

I think you need to use some common sense.
Yes because those kind of players will be available in free agency - they need an elite player that can score more then 10 points a game, although Jordan Andre with 11 pts and 13 rebounds per game wouldn't be to bad, But if they can't do better then that they will start the season and wait until the trade deadline and see what happens -

But you have to be real - you're saying that Knox with 13.00 ppg and 4 rebounds and Dennis Smith at 14 and 3 is going to replace one player who is averaging 25 and 12 - If they was allowed to play both players at the same time and put in six players - then they would have equal to Davis -

That trade isn't going to happen - but bookmark this post and let me know this summer how that works out

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because those kind of players will be available in free agency - they need an elite player that can score more then 10 points a game, although Jordan Andre with 11 pts and 13 rebounds per game wouldn't be to bad, But if they can't do better then that they will start the season and wait until the trade deadline and see what happens -

But you have to be real - you're saying that Knox with 13.00 ppg and 4 rebounds and Dennis Smith at 14 and 3 is going to replace one player who is averaging 25 and 12 - If they was allowed to play both players at the same time and put in six players - then they would have equal to Davis -

That trade isn't going to happen - but bookmark this post and let me know this summer how that works out
who the fuck is Jordan Andre?

Knox is 20 years old. Smith is what? 22?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who the fuck is Jordan Andre?

Knox is 20 years old. Smith is what? 22?
It's not about age btw - the Pelicans want to compete this season - they don't want to wait for something that might never happen

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if the Pelicans are patient - there will be another elite player wanting to be traded that will make it equitable. They don't have to take the first deal - that's where Indiana went wrong - they traded off Paul George to quick when if they had waited, they could have had Irving

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about age btw - the Pelicans want to compete this season - they don't want to wait for something that might never happen
what? they just traded guys like Mirotic and are getting a 19 year old kid that is one of the great prospects of the last 2 decades.

What evidence do you possibly have that the Pelicans want to compete this year? dude, i am just speechless.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what? they just traded guys like Mirotic and are getting a 19 year old kid that is one of the great prospects of the last 2 decades.

What evidence do you possibly have that the Pelicans want to compete this year? dude, i am just speechless.
When did they trade a player putting up 25 points per game and 13 rebounds for one or two 12 and 8 players. Please tell me when the Pelicans did that. The Pelicans clearly have said they are not trading Davis and they intend to have a conversation with him in Los Angeles. The possibility of him being traded for the time being is dead

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to fire Pelinka and bring a new GM and President in at the same time. That can work together.
me and DJ actually agree on something. lol

this looks like the Cleveland Browns. The owner who has no business being a part of basketball operations sticking their nose in where they should not--- relying on personal relationships of friends and sycophants.

The Browns only got better when Jimmy Haslem was finally humbled- admitted he had no clue what he was doing, and hired a real football guy as President.

John Dorsey came in and took all the assets the Browns had accumulated from years of losing and formed it into a real franchise and Haslem stepped back.

Buss needs to do the same thing.

get rid of Pelinka and both Rambis totally out of baskebtall operations. Bring in people that know the league, that are well respected, and can bring in a real basketball operations unit.

a David Griffin type who has contacts all over the league, that can hire a staff, that can get a real analytics department going, that is well-liked and well respected by other GM's, a guy that other GM's enjoy working with and will get the shit stains of incompetence off the organization.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did they trade a player putting up 25 points per game and 13 rebounds for one or two 12 and 8 players. Please tell me when the Pelicans did that. The Pelicans clearly have said they are not trading Davis and they intend to have a conversation with him in Los Angeles. The possibility of him being traded for the time being is dead
we will see who is right.

Ill bet you he is not on their opening day roster. 1000 v cash bet and 2 week avatar bet?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mirotic is a 15 and 7 per night player - Not the same as AD - Mirotic is a solid role player - Pelicans have plenty of those, they want better - New York doesn't have better to offer

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me and DJ actually agree on something. lol

this looks like the Cleveland Browns. The owner who has no business being a part of basketball operations sticking their nose in where they should not--- relying on personal relationships of friends and sycophants.

The Browns only got better when Jimmy Haslem was finally humbled- admitted he had no clue what he was doing, and hired a real football guy as President.

John Dorsey came in and took all the assets the Browns had accumulated from years of losing and formed it into a real franchise and Haslem stepped back.

Buss needs to do the same thing.

get rid of Pelinka and both Rambis totally out of baskebtall operations. Bring in people that know the league, that are well respected, and can bring in a real basketball operations unit.

a David Griffin type who has contacts all over the league, that can hire a staff, that can get a real analytics department going, that is well-liked and well respected by other GM's, a guy that other GM's enjoy working with and will get the shit stains of incompetence off the organization.
I think with Rambis in the front office as Jeanie's advisor - that Pelinka will be okay, although I have some concerns about him - He is not liked, but he was an agent - and the bad talk could be a hatchet job by other agents. Unfortunately we will not know until it's too late - who is right

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could always be worse. The Lakers could turn into the OKC Thunder.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The #3 pick, Knock, Robinson, and Dallas' 2 No 1 picks is hardly shit. Certainly better than anything the Lakers could offer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes it is lol. They want young guys with high potential ceiling most likely on rookie deals so they can build around Zion and the youngsters.

Barrett, Knox, Mitchell, DSJ ---all on rookie deals. I'm sure they would throw in more picks too.

The Lakers also have a nice offer, with a little more experience but Ingram is about to be eligible for another, bigger contract...it does make a difference. But if the Lakers would acquire another top 10 pick for Ball, that would be interesting.

It seems like the Pelicans don't want to trade AD to the west or the Lakers...that means they would have to blow the Knicks out of the water. The Lakers might have a little better or even deal (if they acquire that extra pick) but not enough for it to overwhelm the Pelicans and keep AD in the west.