• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Magic Johnson on First Take

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is gay but probably bi sexual

As is Isiah. You don't kiss another grown man like that
Magic is not gay - He contracted the aids virus due to multiple sex partners without using protection. The AIDS virus can be sexually transmitted through straight or gay people and is not owned by the gay community and it has absolutely nothing to do with the reasons he left the Lakers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched most of it. From what i saw, Magic is rooting hard core for Rob to crash and burn even tho he didn't say it. Since it will likely happen, i look forward to the magic tweet when the time is right lol
Lot of people for sure don't like Pelinka, but he spent over a decade as an agent, so I wonder if Pelinka has so many enemies because he was competitive in getting players to hire him and they were/are jealous or if they have legitimate reasons. I haven't heard one legitimate reason yet for the hatred. Everything Magic is saying came from third parties. Why not sit down with the dude and confront him face to face like a man instead of talking about Pelinka behind is back?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She has. The business side of the Lakers is among the best, if not the best, in all of professional sports.

It's the basketball side that's fucked up right now.
Both go together - can't have the one without the other. That's the reason the Lakers have missed the playoffs for so many years. Get the players and make the playoffs and everything else will come together.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already ranted about this in the Vogel thread and I don't feel like repeating myself again so I'll just add something I saw on Twitter;

Magic took the job thinking this would be just like the Showtime Lakers again; but then when there was no Coke and random sex, he realized it was just work so he quit

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already ranted about this in the Vogel thread and I don't feel like repeating myself again so I'll just add something I saw on Twitter;

Magic took the job thinking this would be just like the Showtime Lakers again; but then when there was no Coke and random sex, he realized it was just work so he quit
I get what you're saying - and I agree that trying to find the glory days of show time wasn't going to happen. I didn't think that was realistic, but I really didn't think he would be with the Lakers more then two or three years either.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying - and I agree that trying to find the glory days of show time wasn't going to happen. I didn't think that was realistic, but I really didn't think he would be with the Lakers more then two or three years either.

Lol. That part was a joke, my dude

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic confirmed how the rest of the league feel about Rob.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic is not gay - He contracted the aids virus due to multiple sex partners without using protection. The AIDS virus can be sexually transmitted through straight or gay people and is not owned by the gay community and it has absolutely nothing to do with the reasons he left the Lakers.

Yes I'm aware how AIDS is spread. It's also significantly more predominant in the homosexual community. I don't care whether Magic is gay or not frankly and I'm well aware it had nothing to do with why he quit

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would love to see lebron do another "decision" tv show when his contract expires on and jumo to the clippers..... :pop2:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Pelinka. For all we really know, maybe he was doing all of the things Magic said.

If it were up to me, I'd either let him go or hire someone to assist him as an advisor or something.

Having said that, he came off as a hell of a lot more professional with his comments than Magic did.

Frank Vogel won that presser though. I really liked what he had to say.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Pelinka. For all we really know, maybe he was doing all of the things Magic said.

If it were up to me, I'd either let him go or hire someone to assist him as an advisor or something.

Having said that, he came off as a hell of a lot more professional with his comments than Magic did.

I rarely hear anything positive about Pelinka from anyone. When you constantly hear bad things about a GM, very few good things, and your end product is lacking, you really need to question why someone is still on the job.

IMO, I think the biggest problem with the Lakers is that they keep trying to keep things in house. Vogel is a good sign that maybe they will try and break away but it remains to be seen how much influence Magic may still have or Kobe or Rambis.

Teams that allow their alumni to dictate their operations rarely succeed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rarely hear anything positive about Pelinka from anyone. When you constantly hear bad things about a GM, very few good things, and your end product is lacking, you really need to question why someone is still on the job.

IMO, I think the biggest problem with the Lakers is that they keep trying to keep things in house. Vogel is a good sign that maybe they will try and break away but it remains to be seen how much influence Magic may still have or Kobe or Rambis.

Teams that allow their alumni to dictate their operations rarely succeed.

I doubt Magic is going to have much say about anything anymore after yesterday.

Kobe recommended Pelinka, but I don't think he really involves himself in the day to day stuff. I don't think he would unless he could devote 100% of himself to it (the opposite of Magic lol).

As for Rambis, except the couple of times when he was coaching another team, he has always been involved behind the scenes for years. Including when Dr. Buss was running things.

I don't mind Pelinka, he certainly wouldn't be my choice, but I don't mind giving him a shot. But I really wish they'd either bring in someone with experience in an "advisor" role similar to what Jerry West has.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Pelinka, he certainly wouldn't be my choice, but I don't mind giving him a shot. But I really wish they'd either bring in someone with experience in an "advisor" role similar to what Jerry West has.

I had no real opinion of Pelinka when he was hired. And maybe he was being hamstrung by Magic for the past few years. Seems unlikely but maybe.

But it seems to me that Pelinka doesn't really know how to build a basketball team. He knows the salary cap to some degree but I see little evidence that he knows how to build a team.

Perhaps he will defer to Lebron on this but that seems dubious to me as well. First off that seems worse than the moral hazard of having your coach be your GM and I really don't believe that Lebron has any real talent for building a team. He knows the players he likes and wants to play with but that doesn't mean they make sense salary cap wise.

But I guess we will see in the next year. IMO, if the Lakers don't turn it around next season, Pelinka is toast.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great point.

IMO Magic tarnished his fantastic legacy with that interview. True or not, he came across as petty. He didn’t need to do that. It was an obvious attempt by him to manipulate the public perception of what transpired.