• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Magic Johnson on First Take

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sounded ridiculous IMO.

First, why air the dirty laundry in public like that. He sounded like a baby who wanted to be sure everyone still “liked him”. Second, he shot himself in the foot. He ADMITTED that he wasn’t in the office enough!! Then he complained that people called him out on it!! News flash... you’re the BOSS!! You’re supposed to be there!! Third, he defended the egotistical way he resigned by blindsiding everyone!! If anyone did any backstabbing it was Magic.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be the place for it, idk.

But I think Magic is a pheg. It's why he got tAIDs. Anyway, he really didn't do anything for the Lakers that he can't do now at his own leisure.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is that if he wanted to stay with the Lakers, he didnt have to invent reasons to leave. I had my doubts about him coming to the Lakers to begin with and did not like some of the moves he made.

Never should've signed LeBro

Should have resigned Julius Randle

Should've resigned Lopez

Personally I think he jumped the gun on waive and stretch on Luol Deng. ONE More season and we would have been finished for good on that and could have paid a team to take him to get the salary off the books if necessary

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is that if he wanted to stay with the Lakers, he didnt have to invent reasons to leave. I had my doubts about him coming to the Lakers to begin with and did not like some of the moves he made.

Never should've signed LeBro

Should have resigned Julius Randle

Should've resigned Lopez

Personally I think he jumped the gun on waive and stretch on Luol Deng. ONE More season and we would have been finished for good on that and could have paid a team to take him to get the salary off the books if necessary

Why exactly shouldn't they have signed Lebron?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with Magic is, ever since he hung up his shoes for the last time, he became a basketball fan more than an exec.

He loves talking about the game, he loves praising players and he just loves the NBA in general. His Twitter comments alone prove that.

As an exec he couldn't say a damn thing about anything NBA related without it being "tampering". He probably hated that.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be the place for it, idk.

But I think Magic is a pheg. It's why he got tAIDs. Anyway, he really didn't do anything for the Lakers that he can't do now at his own leisure.

I don't think he is gay but probably bi sexual

As is Isiah. You don't kiss another grown man like that

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why exactly shouldn't they have signed Lebron?
Too old and too close to the time when injuries become an issue like the one that kept him out for something like 23 games

Wasn't really a good fit for the Lakers and the young core in my opinion, but could have been much better if they had surrounded LeBron with some actual shooters. Randle and Lopez would have made it better and taken some of the work off LeBron.

Personally - I just don't think the Lakers had or have the time to build a complete team capable of winning a championship - but here is hoping I am wrong - if they can get lucky and sign Irving, or Leonard and then trade some of their young players for a third elite player so that they have a pattern of the Bosh - LeBron and Wade Trio - they have a chance

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with Magic is, ever since he hung up his shoes for the last time, he became a basketball fan more than an exec.

He loves talking about the game, he loves praising players and he just loves the NBA in general. His Twitter comments alone prove that.

As an exec he couldn't say a damn thing about anything NBA related without it being "tampering". He probably hated that.
I think he under-estimate the difficulty, but I do like the template the Lakers have now for the front office - No person that is paid to be the main man is ever going to be able to do hire, fire and take responsibility like the owner. It's time for Jeanie to show the world that women are smarter then men in business

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he under-estimate the difficulty, but I do like the template the Lakers have now for the front office - No person that is paid to be the main man is ever going to be able to do hire, fire and take responsibility like the owner. It's time for Jeanie to show the world that women are smarter then men in business

I mean....Im a liberal and even I think by that's a major leap

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean....Im a liberal and even I think by that's a major leap
I was being a bit sarcastic, but my point is this. Magic was an employee. It's not possible for him to ever have the same passion and interest in the Lakers as Jeanie Buss, the controlling governor and part owner. Hirelings are like the parable in the bible - where they desert the sheep when a wolf comes, but the owner puts everything on the line. Magic coached and then deserted the Lakers - the first time around after retiring from the game. He bought stock in the Lakers, then sold it. It was no surprise to me that he bailed and he admitted that he had planned to quit in three years anyway.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is gay but probably bi sexual

As is Isiah. You don't kiss another grown man like that

Gotta admit as a young kid growing up in America in the 1980's that it was some weird shit to see Magic and Isiah kissing each other. Homophobia was much more accepted then, even here in the Bay Area. Looking back, it's not a big deal, and as I grew up, I learned that it's actually a very common thing in other parts of the world. Maybe Magic and Isiah were trying to make us more cosmopolitan. LOL.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for Jeanie to show the world that women are smarter then men in business

She has. The business side of the Lakers is among the best, if not the best, in all of professional sports.

It's the basketball side that's fucked up right now.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to fire Pelinka and bring a new GM and President in at the same time. That can work together.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She has. The business side of the Lakers is among the best, if not the best, in all of professional sports.

It's the basketball side that's fucked up right now.

This.

I've always thought she'd make a great President.....she needs to take that title.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to fire Pelinka and bring a new GM and President in at the same time. That can work together.

They already said they won't be filling Magic's position

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched most of it. From what i saw, Magic is rooting hard core for Rob to crash and burn even tho he didn't say it. Since it will likely happen, i look forward to the magic tweet when the time is right lol