• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lynch holding out of training camp

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think lynch is done with football after the seahawks whatever happens these last 2 seasons is it. it will be his last pay check that he is ever going to get in the NFL so he is making this really count. I dont believe in this honor your contract because we have all seen it where a player gets paid a amount then if he under performs he gets asked to take a pay cut or get cut from the team. Im for giving him this season because we pretty much already have our 2015 team ready to go

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great News. Heard that on the radio on the way home.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope this is true... Seahawks should just waive the fee's ...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's true. Wait for the Whiners to shit on him for not holding out longer ;)

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on getting Beast Mode back...I figured he wouldn't hold out for the amount of money he would be losing.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope this is true... Seahawks should just waive the fee's ...

Details aren't out yet, but I'm betting he is back so soon because they said they would wave those fines if he was back by Friday.

Looks like Lynch blinked and all will be back to normal shortly. Well as normal as Lynch can be anyway.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being reported that the Seahawks converted his game bonuses (suited up and able to play per game) to guaranteed money. That is $500k. They also converted several other bonuses (1500y+ etc) to guaranteed money. That's another $500k. And they moved $500k from next years base salary to this year as a signing bonus.

All told Lynch's salary for this year is 6.5m and it's all guaranteed.

They also of course waved the penalties for his hold out.

The Hawks get to claim there was no new money in this deal so they held fast to their position and Lynch has more money. Given that Michael and Turbin are likely to get more carries this year some of that is money he probably would have lost out on. The signing bonus at least gets him a little of next years money before he gets cut, if we are all correct that happens after this next year.

Thoughts? Did the Hawks cave in too much? Was this a win/win? Anyone actually care since it means Beast mode is back and happy and ready to go before the preseason even started?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being reported that the Seahawks converted his game bonuses (suited up and able to play per game) to guaranteed money. That is $500k. They also converted several other bonuses (1500y+ etc) to guaranteed money. That's another $500k. And they moved $500k from next years base salary to this year as a signing bonus.

The Hawks get to claim there was no new money in this deal so they held fast to their position and Lynch has more money. Given that Michael and Turbin are likely to get more carries this year some of that is money he probably would have lost out on. The signing bonus at least gets him a little of next years money before he gets cut, if we are all correct that happens after this next year.

Thoughts? Did the Hawks cave in too much? Was this a win/win? Anyone actually care since it means Beast mode is back and happy and ready to go before the preseason even started?

My thoughts are...what a happy ending. Don't mind Lynch getting a bit more this year and now hopefully everyone is a happy camper and can focus on a repeat.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as long as both sides are happy and the team is back to going at it full speed I really don't care.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say win-win. This is exactly what I was hoping would happen. Seahawks give Lynch a little more money, Lynch is happy, Lynch didn't miss anything of significance compared to if he showed up from the start of camp. Good deal all the way around.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is funny is hearing haters try to twist this as a bad thing......mostly thinking of Broncos fans.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ! What a good ending.... if the word on the street is true. That wasn't much money all considering. I just want to see Beast Mode for one more year to help take us to the playoffs! If we make the SuperBowl, sweet! Serioulsy, he was the first piece in the Pete Carrol road to becomming a winning team. Marshawn will be inducted into the Seahawks H.O.F. down the road.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it's a win-win. Lynch gets his money and gets back into camp without holding out for too long and the Seahawks can stick to their public stance of not giving him any new money and they get their workhorse back in camp before it really takes off.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad this ended well. I bought a frickin' Lynch jersey this off season and I was looking forward to wearing it come opening day! I would have been bummed if there was some acrimonious split.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is funny is hearing haters try to twist this as a bad thing......mostly thinking of Broncos fans.

The haters know the Seahawks are a complete and scary team with Lynch back. I'm sure they were hoping he would hold out for a few regular season games.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a win/win for both the Seahawks and Lynch, and because his base salary in 2015 will be a little lower he will be easier to carry on the roster come Wilson's contract.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that that little bit of unpleasantness is over who's up for some title defense?
:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a win/win for both the Seahawks and Lynch, and because his base salary in 2015 will be a little lower he will be easier to carry on the roster come Wilson's contract.

Maybe, but the money the Seahawks use could of been carried over, so I don't really think it helps.