• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lynch holding out of training camp

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we need to either get a young player from the Raiduhz or next year's 1st or 2nd round pick and send ML back home to play for his town.

The only problem is you can draft good RB's late or even undrafted RB's can fit right into the system. I don't think you'll find one team giving up a 1st or 2nd for Lynch. On the other hand, you are talking about the Raiders so anything can happen.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem is you can draft good RB's late or even undrafted RB's can fit right into the system. I don't think you'll find one team giving up a 1st or 2nd for Lynch. On the other hand, you are talking about the Raiders so anything can happen.

I didn't mean to get a RB necessarily from the Raiders, just see if they have some diamond in the rough they don't recognize. Marshawn would get to go play for his hometown and the Hawks would get a future player or pick. Win-Win-Win for Hawks, Marshawn and the Raiders since they can't seem to keep a RB healthy and Marshawn has that Raider vibe about him.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he said to Mike Rob is the money is about his foundation. He has put a substantial amount of what he makes into that and feels he deserves more for those kids he helps based on him outplaying his contract.

He was serious and made Mike Rob feel he wasn't going to back down.

If he wants his foundation to flourish, wouldn't it be best for him to report instead of retire?
The Hawks have stated their position as well.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants his foundation to flourish, wouldn't it be best for him to report instead of retire?

True... Your talking allot of money left behind for his foundation.... I think he reports tomorrow... He's gonna lose 900,000 dollars from what I'm hearing if he doesn't show up tomorrow...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was only passing on what he said. I've been clear all along that I don't think the team should cave in.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Lynch today ? Haven't heard anything....

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to get a RB necessarily from the Raiders, just see if they have some diamond in the rough they don't recognize. Marshawn would get to go play for his hometown and the Hawks would get a future player or pick. Win-Win-Win for Hawks, Marshawn and the Raiders since they can't seem to keep a RB healthy and Marshawn has that Raider vibe about him.

I didn't word my statement properly, sorry. I don't think the Raiders would give up a high draft pick for Lynch but you could be right on maybe a diamond in the rough type player. Of course if desperate maybe can steal a 3rd from them.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief.... That's a 900,000 dollar fine for him... The plot thickens...

Hear on the radio that it wasn't actual 900,000, something less, but still a lot. I'm guessing Lynch feels they will waive these fines. Most of the time teams do, once the dispute gets settled.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear on the radio that it wasn't actual 900,000, something less, but still a lot. I'm guessing Lynch feels they will waive these fines. Most of the time teams do, once the dispute gets settled.

Kinda hoping that's what finally happens...

CalBears

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Super Bowl, Marshawn's running game got smashed by Denver. They keyed up to stop that facet of the game and had great success.
Can Seattle win if Marshawn is ineffective?
Of course.

When you put all your efforts to stop the running game, the passing game should produce, and it did. A RB can only do so much if that's the case. Denver made it about Wilson stepping up and he did. If your RB is average, defenses don't worry about it and then we really see what your QB can do. See Aaron Rodgers. For some of you, you better hope CM isn't just another average RB. RB's like Lynch don't just show up each year in camp.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you put all your efforts to stop the running game, the passing game should produce, and it did. A RB can only do so much if that's the case. Denver made it about Wilson stepping up and he did. If your RB is average, defenses don't worry about it and then we really see what your QB can do. See Aaron Rodgers. For some of you, you better hope CM isn't just another average RB. RB's like Lynch don't just show up each year in camp.

Good qb is more vital though.. Also a good O-line... You can have a decent running back and succeed if you have a good O-line and qb .... Seattle was 7-9 the year before Wilson arrived on the scene and that was with beast mode... When your qb sucks the whole thing doesn't work worth a dam... I get your point though if you can have a good back that's great ... Both the pass and run compliment each other...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good qb is more vital though.. Also a good O-line... You can have a decent running back and succeed if you have a good O-line and qb .... Seattle was 7-9 the year before Wilson arrived on the scene and that was with beast mode... When your qb sucks the whole thing doesn't work worth a dam... I get your point though if you can have a good back that's great ... Both the pass and run compliment each other...

Seattle also didn't have the defense that they do now. Hard to gauge the team from back in 2011 compared to today since they have added at least a few pro-bowl/all-pro type players to the defense. Now obviously Wilson has been a huge difference maker for the team but the overall quality of the team not just at the quarterback position has improved since the season before Wilson came. And that with Wilson being on the team is why they would still be a playoff caliber team (in any other division I would say they made the playoffs no problem but with the NFC West missing even one player like a Lynch can be the difference).

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle also didn't have the defense that they do now. Hard to gauge the team from back in 2011 compared to today since they have added at least a few pro-bowl/all-pro type players to the defense.

I know they weren't #1 overall, but they were 7th in 2011. It isn't like the D was bad then, but the offense was bad (23rd). Yes, the defense has gotten better (19.7 pts/g 2011; 15.3 2012; 14.4 2013), but so has the offense (20.3 pts/g 2011; 25.8 2012; 26.1 2013). The main differnce has been Wilson who has 26 td passes each of his 2 years, where Jackson/Whitehurst combined for 15 in 2011. The running game has accounted for 15 td's a year in those 3 years (15,16,14).

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If a D doesn't have to worry about Marshawn, shouldn't they worry just as much when game planning for Percy?
Take one thing away, another steps up.
We have a resilient team.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will this get done? Or should I just flat out drop him (Fantasy wise that is)?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will this get done? Or should I just flat out drop him (Fantasy wise that is)?

It we'll get done, but expect Lynch to have fewer carries this year. Seahawks are going to try to give the young guys some carries, so expect Lynch numbers to take a dip IMO.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It we'll get done, but expect Lynch to have fewer carries this year. Seahawks are going to try to give the young guys some carries, so expect Lynch numbers to take a dip IMO.

Thanks Harold! So I most likely shouldn't count on Lynch too much this year then.... Looks like I will be looking to trade for a RB this year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Harold! So I most likely shouldn't count on Lynch too much this year then.... Looks like I will be looking to trade for a RB this year.

I would still count on Lynch getting 1100yds and 9-11 TD's. He will lose some carries but I don't think his numbers are going to decline that much.