• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LSU vs. Alabama

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
playoffs?

playoffs?????

BUT HEY, should we anticipate a LSU v ALA rematch??? I would hate for that to happen but not ruling it out.

SO now it looks like its OSU & Stanford are in contention for the Big game... Boise should be too but they'll fall out of the rankings as they win more n more...

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like LSU and Bama had only six or seven plays in their playbook. At least the 49ers attempt some imaginative plays.

It's been a long time since I've heard someone call our offense imaginative.....

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's been a long time since I've heard someone call our offense imaginative.....

A 19 yard pass for a first down to a nose tackle. A huge third down pass for 17 yards in crunch time to a Left Tackle. Six O-linemen and a DT on the line of scrimmage for a key first down. Pretty imaginative if you ask me.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 19 yard pass for a first down to a nose tackle. A huge third down pass for 17 yards in crunch time to a Left Tackle. Six O-linemen and a DT on the line of scrimmage for a key first down. Pretty imaginative if you ask me.

I didn't say I was disagreeing....just pointing out the gap in time between creativity on offense.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of surprised that folks are so down on average offensive capabilities and a physical, dominating defense. Sounds like a familiar recipe to me.......

Yeah if teams play a game and it ends 52-49 everyone thinks it was a close hard fought game between equal teams, but they never go wow those were 2 horrible defenses.

but if 2 teams play a 6-9 game were both defenses look dominate it's a boring game between 2 bad teams. It's never a great game when the 2 defenses are well above the offenses capabilities of the other team, but it is a great game when the offense is well beyond the defenses.

I guess it's because we are wired to see points scored as a sign of greatness.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mortreport Chris Mortensen
Aside from Robert Kraft attending LSU-Bama game, @KingJames, Leonardo DiCaprio and Derek Jeter were all in attendance

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like LSU and Bama had only six or seven plays in their playbook. At least the 49ers attempt some imaginative plays.

Interesting. Just two weeks ago our offense wasn't immaginable, according to you.

Three plays completely changed your mind?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah if teams play a game and it ends 52-49 everyone thinks it was a close hard fought game between equal teams, but they never go wow those were 2 horrible defenses.

but if 2 teams play a 6-9 game were both defenses look dominate it's a boring game between 2 bad teams. It's never a great game when the 2 defenses are well above the offenses capabilities of the other team, but it is a great game when the offense is well beyond the defenses.

Good point. Part of my dissatisfaction with the game came from the game plan itself. The whole LSU QB shuffle, what the hell was that? The missed FG's. Sabin not calling a TO with just under two minutes left and then conceding to OT; again, what the hell was that.

To me it just looked like the game plan for both HC's was to just not lose instead of win and IMO, that doesn't make for a very exciting game.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They actually run more plays than that. The problem is, both defenses are that much better than either offense and that both coaches I felt really played a conservative gameplan giving that much respect to the defenses. I mean Saban waiting til almost the end of the game to run that Maze to the TE passing play?

It was a dominant defensive game, but not the game of the century everyone had expected. I've seen more crippled Alabama offenses in year's past make more plays than a team that arguably has the second best player in the country after Luck.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd like to see luck go against either d. especially alabama's.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

These were supposed to be the best teams in the nation. How can you be one of the best in the nation with such inept offenses? And it was not just the D, they do not have playmakers at QB or WR. To be the best you ought to have decent balance.

And did anyone say: Boring, boring, boring? Worst "big game" I have ever watched.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Stanford, if they played well, would give either of these teams all they could handle. I hope Stanford can get in to the BCS Championship game.

Man, so do I...Now, being a USC fan, how are you with Stanford?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man, so do I...Now, being a USC fan, how are you with Stanford?

SC can't compete for the title so I'll go with the PAC 10....er 12. Believe me I was rootin' hard for my Trojans last week in that game though and they damn near pulled it off. But I think Stanford has the best shot to beat an SEC team. Anyone but the SEC for me. I'm so tired of the hype.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SC can't compete for the title so I'll go with the PAC 10....er 12. Believe me I was rootin' hard for my Trojans last week in that game though and they damn near pulled it off. But I think Stanford has the best shot to beat an SEC team. Anyone but the SEC for me. I'm so tired of the hype.

I can get behind that...I have mass respect for the SEC, but I'm ready for a new dog on the porch.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the media :bj: of the SEC has to stop

I'm getting pretty tired of it