• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Lakers 2018-2019 Season Thread

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke puts the scrubs in when the game is lost, Why? leave the so called starters in their so they can feel and own their loss.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Stevie Wonder saw this loss coming. Ingram is not a pg, stop the experiment.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Stevie Wonder saw this loss coming. Ingram is not a pg, stop the experiment.

It's not about an experiment, it's that they don't have anyone else. They have 3 guys in Lonzo, Rondo and Lebron who can all play point and they were all out.

Who was supposed to get the bulk of the point guard minutes? Caruso, just up from the G-League or Make 'em Dance Lance?

Fortunately, according to Luke, they should have Rondo back on Thursday vs. the T-Wolves if he doesn't have any setbacks today or tomorrow.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke puts the scrubs in when the game is lost, Why? leave the so called starters in their so they can feel and own their loss.

And if he did that and one of them got hurt, you'd be here bitching about how Luke got a starter hurt by keeping them on the floor in a game that was already lost.

Literally every other coach in the league pulls their starters when a game is lost to get run for the end of the bench guys. But you think Luke doing it is a mistake.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he did that and one of them got hurt, you'd be here bitching about how Luke got a starter hurt by keeping them on the floor in a game that was already lost.

Literally every other coach in the league pulls their starters when a game is lost to get run for the end of the bench guys. But you think Luke doing it is a mistake.
Hurt? Well no one wants that but it can happen anytime. Even in practice. These players need to feel some heat. They need drive and motivation. If I were their coach they would stay in the game until the end. If they are going to play like backup bench players then treat them as such.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize for missing the Warriors game......but not really.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo should return on Thursday......at the right time when we need him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without Ball and Rondo.....who would you prefer they have run the offense?

Kuzma?

Hart?

KCP?

Stephenson?

They didn't have a lot of options.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP 40 minutes 4-12, 0-7 from three. Man he has got to go. That quick 3 when we were up 3 was dumb. I hate losing games like this. This loss is on the players.

Bad game.....he's played pretty well overall the last 12-15 games.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Ball and Rondo.....who would you prefer they have run the offense?

Kuzma?

Hart?

KCP?

Stephenson?

They didn't have a lot of options.
It should never have come to this with Ingram. I never liked it since he was a rookie. With ball out for while, you have to go with Caruso and Hart as back ups. Ingram hever has and hever will be a good ball handler. Last night, no choice, and I hope it never comes to him being the PG. I would rather have Hart do it

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should never have come to this with Ingram. I never liked it since he was a rookie. With ball out for while, you have to go with Caruso and Hart as back ups. Ingram hever has and hever will be a good ball handler. Last night, no choice, and I hope it never comes to him being the PG. I would rather have Hart do it

They weren't winning last night......regardless who the PG was.....unless it was James of course.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurt? Well no one wants that but it can happen anytime. Even in practice. These players need to feel some heat. They need drive and motivation. If I were their coach they would stay in the game until the end. If they are going to play like backup bench players then treat them as such.

These players need experience. They also need to have the 3 starters they were missing last night. They didn't get their asses kicked because they weren't playing hard.

They got their asses kicked because they were playing the team that has won 3 of the past 4 championships and that is the prohibitive favorite to win it again and who was at full strength. Meanwhile they were missing 3 of their top players.

The only actual point guard on the roster last night was Caruso who was just called up from the G-League.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These players need experience. They also need to have the 3 starters they were missing last night. They didn't get their asses kicked because they weren't playing hard.

They got their asses kicked because they were playing the team that has won 3 of the past 4 championships and that is the prohibitive favorite to win it again and who was at full strength. Meanwhile they were missing 3 of their top players.

The only actual point guard on the roster last night was Caruso who was just called up from the G-League.
I know Trojanfan but they have been playing poorly for a long time. When James is on the floor of course they will do better but playoff bound IMO is questionable at this point even with the three missing starters back on the court.
But that was not my point, I can recognize a well coached team and I can see the difference in a poorly coached team and this is a poorly coached team. They show all the signs of a team that is undisciplined. If I see one more three pointer launched with no one under the basket for a rebound I'm gonna shoot my TV. If I see another game where free throw after free throw is missed I will go nuts. If I see players standing around watching the game instead of playing the game I'm done. And we won't go into the complete lack of defense.
The Lakers won't get better until Luke does. Plain and simple. No matter who is on the floor.
I'm sorry but I'm from a time when the Lakers didn't have losing seasons, I can barely bring myself to watch them anymore.
If I were in charge, I would trade each and everyone of them get a new coach and start all over again.
This is just my opinion, that's all.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Trojanfan but they have been playing poorly for a long time. When James is on the floor of course they will do better but playoff bound IMO is questionable at this point even with the three missing starters back on the court.

No, they haven't been playing poorly for a long time.

They actually aren't questionable if they get all 3 back sooner rather than later. They were sitting at the 4 seed when Lebron and Rondo went down. hey are 5-8 without Lebron and Rondo. In a 3 year period without Lebron, the Cavs went 4-20.

But that was not my point, I can recognize a well coached team and I can see the difference in a poorly coached team and this is a poorly coached team. They show all the signs of a team that is undisciplined.

No offense, but if you think this team is poorly coached, then I have to seriously question what you know. Virtually everyone says he is doing fine. They also say it still my not save his job, but that has more to do with Lebron's history than the job he is doing.

Additionally, I have seen you and a couple of others here calling for his head. But I have yet to see you suggest who's out there that's better and available.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they haven't been playing poorly for a long time.

They actually aren't questionable if they get all 3 back sooner rather than later. They were sitting at the 4 seed when Lebron and Rondo went down. hey are 5-8 without Lebron and Rondo. In a 3 year period without Lebron, the Cavs went 4-20.

No offense, but if you think this team is poorly coached, then I have to seriously question what you know. Virtually everyone says he is doing fine. They also say it still my not save his job, but that has more to do with Lebron's history than the job he is doing.

Additionally, I have seen you and a couple of others here calling for his head. But I have yet to see you suggest who's out there that's better and available.
Okay Luke is doing "fine". And I did suggest other coaches and you said a college coach has no NBA experience. Can't win this one so I'll just wait along with you and see what happens.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay Luke is doing "fine". And I did suggest other coaches and you said a college coach has no NBA experience. Can't win this one so I'll just wait along with you and see what happens.

Really all we can do until they start paying us to make those decisions. lol

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can always say, "I told you so" if it happens....:heh: