• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Lakers 2018-2019 Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo with a steady 1st half:

10 points, 6 assists, and 4 rebounds.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beas has been playing well with the increased PT since James has been out.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at Luol Deng coming in for the Wolves and playing well

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James better not be fucking...no need to strain that groin injury and prevent him from returning.....blowjobs are fine.....but no fucking.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You knew the call for Luke's head is beginning in earnest. We are out of the top 8 in the Western conference and we continue to lose to losing teams at home. No other recipe will get a coach fired faster than that one in the NBA.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix comes to the Staples Center tomorrow night. I would say this should be an easy win but after we have been losing to losing teams at home, I am not sure we will win this game.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You knew the call for Luke's head is beginning in earnest. We are out of the top 8 in the Western conference and we continue to lose to losing teams at home. No other recipe will get a coach fired faster than that one in the NBA.

Yeah, it's all Luke. Losing Lebron, Rondo, Kuzma for 2 games (and he's still not 100%) and Ball has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you know it TJF12. Rather than focus on reality, folks want to look for a quick fix and as you often have stated, these championship things take some time at least for a given block of time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you know it TJF12. Rather than focus on reality, folks want to look for a quick fix and as you often have stated, these championship things take some time at least for a given block of time.

Exactly. If the Lakers were at full strength and this was happening, then yeah...Luke should be on the hot seat.

But before all of the injuries hit, they were sitting at 4th in the Western Conference and people were talking about them making the WCF. In fact, they were actually ahead of schedule at that point.

I don't care who the team is, if you have that many of your top players, losing that much time, you're going to struggle. I wonder how the Warriors would do if they had similar injury issues with 4 of their top players?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. If the Lakers were at full strength and this was happening, then yeah...Luke should be on the hot seat.

But before all of the injuries hit, they were sitting at 4th in the Western Conference and people were talking about them making the WCF. In fact, they were actually ahead of schedule at that point.

I don't care who the team is, if you have that many of your top players, losing that much time, you're going to struggle. I wonder how the Warriors would do if they had similar injury issues with 4 of their top players?

I understand that, but loses to cavs and knicks are unacceptable. We lost a couple of others we should have won by blowing late leads like Houston. Being non competative to teams like the wolves and utah is not good as well. I would not fire Luke based on the injuries to key players, but I am not happy with him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, but loses to cavs and knicks are unacceptable.

lol

If that's the case, then the coaches of the 76ers, Rockets, Nets, Pacers, Mavs, Celtics, and Bucks should also be fired because they've all lost to 1 or both of those teams.

For that matter, Kerr should probably be fired too. After all, in their 73 win season, 1 of the Warriors losses was to a Lakers team that won something like 15 games that year.

The Cavs and Knicks might be bad teams, but they are still teams with NBA players on them and can beat better teams from time to time.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

If that's the case, then the coaches of the 76ers, Rockets, Nets, Pacers, Mavs, Celtics, and Bucks should also be fired because they've all lost to 1 or both of those teams.

For that matter, Kerr should probably be fired too. After all, in their 73 win season, 1 of the Warriors losses was to a Lakers team that won something like 15 games that year.

The Cavs and Knicks might be bad teams, but they are still teams with NBA players on them and can beat better teams from time to time.
I don't understand why you try to justify every loss with an excuse for Luke. Some losses are in inexcusable. They just are. Look if you want to be happy with Luke and eveything he does. Go right ahead, but don't patroniz others if they don't feel that way.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why you try to justify every loss with an excuse for Luke. I am starting to think you are related lol

I'm tired of the fucking coaching carousel. How many coaches have we been through since Phil? 4? 5?

Also, I'm not justifying anything. I'm pointing out that losing to a bad team doesn't necessarily mean that a team has a bad coach. Those are all playoff caliber teams that the Cavs and Knicks have beaten.

This is the thing that drives me crazy about some of my fellow Lakers fans. Some overreact to every win or loss and love their scapegoats.

In short, I don't overreact to every good win or bad loss.

This is a flawed roster. We all knew coming into the season that it was a flawed roster. They have no consistent perimeter shooting and that's just the start. We also knew going into the season that if this team lost Lebron for any length of time, they were going to struggle and that it could get ugly.

Then, when it happens, some of you want to panic, blame Luke and start calling for his head. In 15 games without Lebron and Rondo, 2 games without Kuzma, they have gone 5-10. Those 5 wins are one more than the Cavs had when Lebron sat out in the first 3 years after he went back.

Also, the Lakers are a top 10 team in the NBA defensively. They are struggling on offense because they have been without their top 3 playmakers. How is it Luke's fault that they lost those players?

Magic and Pelinka, with input from Lebron, put this roster together, why are you not calling for their heads?