• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Cutler will be staying..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im as objective as they get. I accept him for what he is. There are better QBs, but there are plenty that are worse. As Bears fans, weve seen it. What Im adamant about is not making him the focal point for blame when its the other side of the ball thats been the clear liability the last two seasons. Once the defense becomes at least competitive again, that will be the time when a more informed decision can be made regarding Cutler. He is by far the best, and pretty much the only option right now.
I agree with most of what you wrote but the def did not make Cutler throw Ints, it did not make Cutler lead the league in fumbles, it did not make Cutler not see the open WR's as he threw into triple coverage. These things are on Cutler.

C

cubzzzfanincali

[QUOTE="blh7068

His mistakes arent anywhere close to significantly impacting that lousy body of work from the defense I outlined. But youre telling me that 'x' fewer mistakes from him would adds 3 wins???

Thats not possible.
If your turning the ball over then your putting more on a bad def correct? And YES less turnovers = more wins, that is true for all teams. I'm not saying the def was good they were really bad, and so was Cutler. We lead the league in turnovers last year, if we lead the league in takeaways do you not see more wins from that? I do. Does not change the fact were a bad team but more wins for sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is exactly how I see it. Turnovers definitely lose games.

I think everyone agrees on the fact that the defense sucked. Having a bad defense definitely hurt the team last year and the year before, no kidding. But I find it odd that people are not acknowledging how much harm Cutler's play also hurt the team last year. And at the risk of breaking already-broken records, but the offense was the side of the ball paid to carry the team while the defense rebuilt, and that simply did not happen.

In a way, all of this argument is actually moot. The Bears problems have been deeper than just the defense, deeper than the O line, deeper than the coaching, and deeper than Jay Cutler. We could have swapped out one of the very best into any of those flaws and the team still wouldn't have won a Super Bowl. It's because the team as a whole is just too talent poor, and the fault with that is years and years of below average drafting. You simply cannot win in the NFL unless you get a lot of hits in the draft. Yeah, I think Jay Cutler has performed well below his pay, and that seriously harms the roster, but even I would acknowledge that Aaron Rodgers wouldn't win a Super Bowl here either. We need more good young talent.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="cubzzzfanincali, post: 6399367, member: 5626"
Yeah, this is exactly how I see it. Turnovers definitely lose games.

But I find it odd that people are not acknowledging how much harm Cutler's play also hurt the team last year. ( This is the part I don't get either ) Good post Cali.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im as objective as they get. I accept him for what he is. There are better QBs, but there are plenty that are worse. As Bears fans, weve seen it. What Im adamant about is not making him the focal point for blame when its the other side of the ball thats been the clear liability the last two seasons. Once the defense becomes at least competitive again, that will be the time when a more informed decision can be made regarding Cutler. He is by far the best, and pretty much the only option right now.
Agreed. There's nothing better than what we have right now.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I find it odd that people are not acknowledging how much harm Cutler's play also hurt the team last year.

OMG HA!! Really? People aren't saying that Cutler hurt the team?
Have you seen ESPN...ever? Listened to any sports radio in the past 5 years? Have you been living under a rock?
Do you not read: Cali, Wood, Anotheridiot on this very site?

Come on man.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG HA!! Really? People aren't saying that Cutler hurt the team?(people sure but no animals)
Have you seen ESPN...ever? ( Yes once) Listened to any sports radio in the past 5 years?( No) Have you been living under a rock? (Yes, the moon is a rock)
Do you not read: Cali, Wood, Anotheridiot on this very site? (I can't read Joey)

Come on man.
So who do you think is the bigger problem the D or Cutler. Hint. You can fix the D.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. There's nothing better than what we have right now.
Disagree. Better to what point? With Cutler we can be 8-8. Give me Fales, maybe we have a better QB and if not then we get a better draft pick and a boat load of money. For the money being spent Cutler is far and away our worst option. Fales might flop sure but if were rebuilding then a flop puts us in position to go after a young stud. Cutler is so over paid that he is killing us off the field as much as on the field. Be good or be bad but don't be middle of the road.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo Jay or Jimmy?

I'll take Jay I guess?:noidea:

This is not a pleasant vote for Bears fans.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Jay over Jimmy but only because I can't look at Jimmy with out cringing. That is one funny looking dude. Give me Fales.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Better to what point? With Cutler we can be 8-8. Give me Fales, maybe we have a better QB and if not then we get a better draft pick and a boat load of money. For the money being spent Cutler is far and away our worst option. Fales might flop sure but if were rebuilding then a flop puts us in position to go after a young stud. Cutler is so over paid that he is killing us off the field as much as on the field. Be good or be bad but don't be middle of the road.

Joe,I agree 100% with what your saying here......I`ve been saying this for a while now and have brought up sanchez as an example.

But I hate to say it,if we are gonna be paying Jays salary,he may as well play. He is better than any option we have. And no one else is gonna take him off our hands.......its a sad situation we are in,it really is.

And what even boggles my mind,is I knew this when his contract was coming up. And now its biting us in the ass.........:gaah:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I must be smoking crack again or something. Just looking at the game logs, the defense actually played well enough to win the season finale. But I'll give you that the defense bears the majority of the blame for losing the Dallas game, so we are back to a 7-9 team instead of a 5-11 team.
Except the td given up to a wide open wr?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • I agree with most of what you wrote but the def did not make Cutler throw Ints, it did not make Cutler lead the league in fumbles, it did not make Cutler not see the open WR's as he threw into triple coverage. These things are on Cutler.
Blindside by a rushing defensive player made a few turnovers possible. Andrew Luck threw as many ints but had a great defense. All qbs throw ints. How many hail Mary's were interceptions? How many we thrown down by 4 tds? how many were thrown because of a busted play? If the Bears had the number 1 defense last year they would have been a far better team

C

cubzzzfanincali

Um, what? Indianapolis's defense was a very middle of the pack defense, and their offense was third in the league. Their defense wasn't "great." The reason Indy succeeded where the Bears failed is that although Luck threw almost as many interceptions (16 versus 19), Luck threw the ball further downfield a lot more than did Cutler. You can take risks, but if you take risks, you have to get rewards. Our offense was peculiar in that it managed to be conservative in the passing game and yet still turn the ball over a lot. This is what put us behind so often.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness..."middle of the pack" is a bit better than "historically bad".

C

cubzzzfanincali

true. lol. Well, there's little doubt that if the cheap defense had been middle of the pack instead of terrible, our expensive, mediocre offense and cheap, mediocre defense would have produced a 7-9 or 8-8 team instead. Yeah for us.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as many interceptions (16 versus 19)
Cali you've done this twice now in the past week. I'm sure I'll get shit for it...but if you're going to put up stats- at least get it right. It was 18 not 19. Why you try'n to give Jay another one? I'm sure if you had one number off on a lotto ticket you'd be pretty pissed too. Just sayn. :)

C

cubzzzfanincali

oh sorry I just looked at the team stats total. Yeah you're right Clausen threw one when he started for Cutler. Sorry about that. Even though it's a pretty safe bet Cutler would have thrown one or two in the game he didn't start, there's no need for me to punish him for it. Sorry.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#11 defense was Indy ......less than 25 yards from being top 10.