• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Cutler will be staying..

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
applause-gif-3.gif

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The official packers troll has spoken..........

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still should not pass on Mariota or Winston if they fall to 7, I dont want either of them playing this year anyway.

Cutler only has two guaranteed years left and Cousins could have been traded for a first round pick while he was waiting to play. If Jay finally gets a system that fits him and makes it thru his next 6 years its still not a wasted pick. Its wasted if you let that quarterback play and he blows.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well,no big deal I spose..............I figured he was staying anyways.

Now the question raises.again.

Do we take one of the two qbs if they are there for the taking?
Do we take one of the top wrs if they are there for the taking now that we could use one.?
Or do we take a d-lineman?

Part of me thinks A.I. is right....
part of me says take one of the other qbs with the second pick.that no one here seemed to answer my question if grayson,hundley or Petty........(Cubz,you said to wait to give me an answer after Tuesday get here to talk about it):D
But hey,if wright or Cooper are the next Dez,Calvin or Beckham Jr.,is that the right pick?

It seems to me year after year,i always have my mind made up on who I wanted to see us get,but this year is leaving me scratch my head.:scratch:

C

cubzzzfanincali

Do we take one of the top wrs if they are there for the taking now that we could use one.?

part of me says take one of the other qbs with the second pick.that no one here seemed to answer my question if grayson,hundley or Petty........(Cubz,you said to wait to give me an answer after Tuesday get here to talk about it):D
But hey,if wright or Cooper are the next Dez,Calvin or Beckham Jr.,is that the right pick?

It seems to me year after year,i always have my mind made up on who I wanted to see us get,but this year is leaving me scratch my head.:scratch:

It is still premature. Discussing the quarterback situation is a waste of time until we know cutlers fate. An espn report doesn't cut it. Have we all already forgotten some of the breathless and totally inaccurate espn reporting from deflategate just a few weeks ago? Besides, this could also just be the bears using the media to send a team a message that amounts to "not good enough, were fine with what we've got."

Cutlers probably staying, but this report changes nothing. Let's talk Friday. Not Tuesday, or tomorrow. Friday.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is still premature. Discussing the quarterback situation is a waste of time until we know cutlers fate. An espn report doesn't cut it. Have we all already forgotten some of the breathless and totally inaccurate espn reporting from deflategate just a few weeks ago? Besides, this could also just be the bears using the media to send a team a message that amounts to "not good enough, were fine with what we've got."

Cutlers probably staying, but this report changes nothing. Let's talk Friday. Not Tuesday, or tomorrow. Friday.

Ok Dad.............:thumb: :kidding: :lol:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is as I figured... ESPN isn't the only one reporting this, the USA Today had an article saying this very thing as well, but who knows, they might be using ESPN as a source.

I suppose there is still a shot he gets traded, but what I don't see is the Bears drafting either of the two top QB's as they will be gone by #7. A solution might present itself in rounds 2 or 3 with either Hundley or Petty, or the new staff gets a fresh look at Fales.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think its a waste of time, its showing you are determined to groom your quarterback for your future on this team, not go out searching for another trade that will cost us multiple first round picks and be worthless to trade away, well only get a third rounder back if you find a sucker. Yes, we need players now, definitely need players, but new coordinators, new system and maybe considering that all the players we have are actually professional football players and not useless. Bostic, Jones, Shea where he played in college, Young, Houston, Fuller, Mundy, Ratliff, Ego, Sutton still are formidable players that have all shown glimpses of being special that need a system and guidance. Conte can knock people out if he can stop knocking himself out.

I get the argument, get players, but trading down for Beckham, getting another second rounder for the 7th pick might be dooable. If Mariota drops past 6 Philly is gonna offer a kings ransom to get him. You can probably get Beckham at 20 with Phillys pick, get their second round pick and possibly next years first or second round pick to move up to 7. I would be spewing out how much we like Mariota, how we will pick Mariota so Philly gives up even more. That counts for more players too.

Cooper is only 6'1, white is 6'3, Beckham is the guy that you I see as Calvin and the big target that Jay Cutler requires. Maybe finding a way to score in the first quarter is more help to the defense than more players playing from behind.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Fox made it to the SB with Jake Delhomme. Cutler is way better than Delhomme. If they can improve the defense and replace Marshall....the Bears can be back in the playoffs and a wild card to make a playoff run.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Fox made it to the SB with Jake Delhomme. Cutler is way better than Delhomme. If they can improve the defense and replace Marshall....the Bears can be back in the playoffs and a wild card to make a playoff run.

Yup, valid point.. Yet Fox couldn't win a SB with Manning, which is what some have said is why he was asked to leave Denver. Don't get me wrong, Chicago needs a Fox badly after the Trestman experiment tanked.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, valid point.. Yet Fox couldn't win a SB with Manning, which is what some have said is why he was asked to leave Denver. Don't get me wrong, Chicago needs a Fox badly after the Trestman experiment tanked.

Yep! My thoughts as well.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in other words " no takers right now"

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i'd be ok with taking a qb in the draft in the mid to later rounds.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even fathom how Mariota is actually touted as a top QB prospect. It's honestly beyond me. The guy will be on an NFL bench in 2 seasons.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even fathom how Mariota is actually touted as a top QB prospect. It's honestly beyond me. The guy will be on an NFL bench in 2 seasons.

It only takes one and people listen to what Chip Kelly says.