• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lol, Lyerla, coke head.... "UO offered me car and house"

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you remember what happened to the President of Penn State?

Allowing a guy who is raping kids in the showers to stay on campus and failing to take things to the next level for atrocious criminal behavior is hardly the same as some guy claiming Oregon offered him a car and house.

On top of which:

Schools give them money for housing already, and it's 100% legit. So unless it was to buy him a house 100% that he would own, that part is likely bullshit anyway.

And people always make a big deal about the cars. It's not 1980 anymore, a new car is not that big of a deal. There are tons of grants and student loans that even the kids from the poorest families qualify for.

Football Players Receive $17,000 Annually in Cash, all within NCAA Rules « HolyTurf

So the claim itself isn't even all that really. It's a myth that these kids don't have money and things available to them and it being all legit. They probably all get money on the side if they play well, but I don't give a crap about that and it's not being called into question here.

And unlike other cases, this time it's the player making the accusations which means the burden of proof is really on him. Where as in other cases, it's the student being asked questions etc. And how is he going to prove anything?

He isn't credible.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they should just sweep this under the rug?

You can let it dry out and turn to dust on the front porch if you want. I will be surprised if it matters. If the media for some reason harps on it constantly, then maybe something would happen. But my guess is it's going to come down to some cokehead who quit the team because he couldn't deal with the punishment/being told what to do who just got cut from the NFL trying to be destructive because they can't deal with the reality they just fucked up their golden ticket.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bizzare all of the Alabama fans coming to the defense of Oregon. A shady program defending another shady program.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schools give them money for housing already, and it's 100% legit. So unless it was to buy him a house 100% that he would own, that part is likely bullshit anyway.
You need to quit with this line. No school is giving their athletes money to buy their family a house. That is the allegation - not that he was promised to be housed.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ lolz 4d20...lemme help you put the legos together here...

-3 UO BB players allowed to play in March Madness with r*pe allegations suspended so UO could go full strength into that tourney.

-School does have a on campus date r*pe issue which denies students a clear avenue to help...currently on going and unresolved.

- UO President resigns before his contract is up, flys the coop.

- Colt comes out with his allegations.

And you see NO PROBLEMS up at UO this year? Get a clue or at least yank your head outta your ass for some fresh air.

With this all said...Oregon State has a lot of issues of it's own, including on campus date r*pe problems. Just not the other stuff with the Athletic Dept or School President

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bizzare all of the Alabama fans coming to the defense of Oregon. A shady program defending another shady program.

Or maybe I know the deal because I have to listen to haters claim stupid things while people who never actually bothered to do any research on a topic just sit around and accept because it makes them feel good.

I guess when you can't win more than 9 games a year, some fans feel the need to develop alternative realities in which obviously their team is the best possible honest/legit team in the country, and any team that beats them is obviously a bunch of cheaters with no morals and huge payrolls.

:noidea:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to quit with this line. No school is giving their athletes money to buy their family a house. That is the allegation - not that he was promised to be housed.

Ok, I'm just pointing out what kids get. I believe I accounted for both scenarios.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think the premise of the local Oregon article is a hollow character assassination by some biased hack. It's a weak argument.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ lolz 4d20...lemme help you put the legos together here...

-3 UO BB players allowed to play in March Madness with r*pe allegations suspended so UO could go full strength into that tourney.

-School does have a on campus date r*pe issue which denies students a clear avenue to help...currently on going and unresolved.

- UO President resigns before his contract is up, flys the coop.

- Colt comes out with his allegations.

And you see NO PROBLEMS up at UO this year? Get a clue or at least yank your head outta your ass for some fresh air.

With this all said...Oregon State has a lot of issues of it's own, including on campus date r*pe problems. Just not the other stuff with the Athletic Dept or School President

I don't keep track of Oregon. I just know this incident doesn't have much to do with the president and wouldn't be a reason for them to leave.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think the premise of the local Oregon article is a hollow character assassination by some biased hack. It's a weak argument.

Motives have no merit you say?

What part of this statement do you believe to be untrue?

Lyerla blames the Ducks — and not himself — for the fact that he wasn't a millionaire first-round draft pick about to start his first NFL game at tight end this weekend.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I read it, I thought back to the ESPN 30/30 episode "Pony Excess." it was a kid who never panned out, had a bunch of problems, and could easily be discounted as a "malcontent" that brought the hammer down hard on the SMU program. Just because he source seems questionable does not mean the program shouldn't look into it. They have too much at stake not to.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I read it, I thought back to the ESPN 30/30 episode "Pony Excess." it was a kid who never panned out, had a bunch of problems, and could easily be discounted as a "malcontent" that brought the hammer down hard on the SMU program. Just because he source seems questionable does not mean the program shouldn't look into it. They have too much at stake not to.

He also had letters from the school itself as proof IIRC, or maybe it was official letter from a booster. And it's not the 80's anymore. There is much more legit money for kids.

But it was ultimately that they continued doing it that brought them down, not the single case.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

COMEDY GOLD!

:suds:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't keep track of Oregon. I just know this incident doesn't have much to do with the president and wouldn't be a reason for them to leave.

I only really follow local news as well here. Seems to me there is a connection and in my OP it has every thing to do with money. College football/Basketball are awash in it now. Effects everything in a college/town these days. Not saying it's a bad thing, but corruption soon follows a money trail, hard to not believe that. Perhaps the last UO Pres (a terrific educator) left because of it...how can one control it?

I think Nike is a huge asset to the UO, wish Oregon State had such a benefactor...with money, trouble is soon to follow is all I am saying here.

Easy to point a finger at the lil' dumbass athlete in trouble, but how far up the food chain does the problem actually stop at?

Food for thought here in this thread...:scratch:

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also had letters from the school itself as proof IIRC ...
Once again, you've missed the point entirely. I'm not comparing Oregon to SMU. I am pointing out that just because you can paint a picture that makes it easy to dismiss the accusations of a witness does not mean you ignore the potential damage that can be caused by those accusations.

Like I keep saying - Oregon has too much at stake to just hope it blows over.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMEDY GOLD!

:suds:

Considering a booster from my school got caught doing things years ago for Albert Means and got the school in a ton of trouble as a result, I have nothing to hide or profess too much about.

Especially since it's Oregon in question.

I just hate ignorance and just because things happen doesn't mean everyone is guilty. The funny thing about this is, if it was your team or their team, they'd probably be on the other side themselves. Most of you don't give a damn about the truth.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, you've missed the point entirely. I'm not comparing Oregon to SMU. I am pointing out that just because you can paint a picture that makes it easy to dismiss the accusations of a witness does not mean you ignore the potential damage that can be caused by those accusations.

Like I keep saying - Oregon has too much at stake to just hope it blows over.

Well if he can produce proof of what he says then it's an entirely different ball game. Fuck Oregon if that is the case, buying players to attend your school is inexcusable. I can deal with happy handshakes after a game, and oh the waitress forgot to charge for more than a coke for that dinner, but buying players is another story.

But I personally doubt he has any letter with the Oregon letterhead on it stating anything towards the fact of buying a house or car. And all I see is someone who blames other people for his failures. So until I see actual proof, I have no reason at all to consider him credible or trustworthy.

Fuck that punk is what I think.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the last UO Pres (a terrific educator) left because of it...how can one control it?
From what you outlined previously, it may have been that he saw the writing on the wall that failures to meet Title IX requirements, that probably were not limited to athletics,were going to hit the University hard. Or maybe he was trying to prevent that and ran into a brick wall of resistance (not unlike the Eastern Michigan team did on Saturday.) Or maybe it was something completely unrelated.

At any rate, it sounds like an interesting story, and there is probably something to it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only really follow local news as well here. Seems to me there is a connection and in my OP it has every thing to do with money. College football/Basketball are awash in it now. Effects everything in a college/town these days. Not saying it's a bad thing, but corruption soon follows a money trail, hard to not believe that. Perhaps the last UO Pres (a terrific educator) left because of it...how can one control it?

I think Nike is a huge asset to the UO, wish Oregon State had such a benefactor...with money, trouble is soon to follow is all I am saying here.

Easy to point a finger at the lil' dumbass athlete in trouble, but how far up the food chain does the problem actually stop at?

Food for thought here in this thread...:scratch:

Well I don't know anything about any problems further than this thread.

Big money goes into the facilities and the staff, not the players pockets. This isn't 1980, that's how they buy players these days - bling on their lockers and facilities. Do you want to work out in a YMCA built in the 80's, or do you want to work out in gym that probably has more luxury in just it than most of us have in our houses? Money players would get would be from smaller 'boosters'.