• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carmelo asked to join team USA and was rejected lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll get a shot. If nothing else, either during training camp or early in the season, someone will lose a player to injury and will look to sign him.

Apparently, there's a chance the Lakers might kick the tires on him if the Grizzlies don't buy out Iggy.

He just needs to stay in shape, maybe have his agent release video of him nailing shots and keep saying things like "I have no problem coming off the bench" and "I just want to help someone win".

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll get a shot. If nothing else, either during training camp or early in the season, someone will lose a player to injury and will look to sign him.

Apparently, there's a chance the Lakers might kick the tires on him if the Grizzlies don't buy out Iggy.

He just needs to stay in shape, maybe have his agent release video of him nailing shots and keep saying things like "I have no problem coming off the bench" and "I just want to help someone win".

Melo would look sharp in the purple 'n gold.

downloadfgfg.jpg

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAS VEGAS – Three-time Olympic gold medalist Carmelo Anthony expressed interest in playing for USA Basketball during the 2019 FIBA World Cup, USA Basketball Managing Director Jerry Colangelo told SI.com, but was told the team was moving forward with a new group.

In an interview on Wednesday, Colangelo expressed deep respect and appreciation for Anthony’s contributions to USA Basketball. The 2016 USA Basketball Co-Male Athlete of the Year, Anthony is arguably the greatest player in USA Basketball history. Anthony won a bronze medal in the 2004 Olympics, following it up by helping the U.S. to three consecutive gold’s in ’08, ’12 and ’16.

According to Colangelo, Anthony requested a chance to play through a representative. Colangelo, though, believed it was time to move on.

“I love Carmelo,” Colangelo said. “He made a great contribution. He was a very good international player. But for where we are and what we’re doing, that conceivably could have been a distraction. I understand why the request was made. He’s trying to reestablish himself. I think that has to be done in the [NBA].”

Nobody wants carmelo. Reminds me of shaqdaddy and her family after dealing with her lol
Shaqdaddy is living rent free in your head.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo would look sharp in the purple 'n gold.

View attachment 212930

Yeah, I'm kind of skeptical, but I don't see the Grizzlies buying out Iggy.

There seems to be a fair bit of interest from contenders in trading for him. In fact, I saw an article saying that the Clippers are trying to put together a package for him.

So the Lakers will probably end up signing Melo whether I like it or not. lol

He and Lebron are supposed to be friends. So, if that happens, hopefully Lebron will be able to keep him in line so he doesn't become a locker room problem.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm kind of skeptical, but I don't see the Grizzlies buying out Iggy.

There seems to be a fair bit of interest from contenders in trading for him. In fact, I saw an article saying that the Clippers are trying to put together a package for him.

So the Lakers will probably end up signing Melo whether I like it or not. lol

He and Lebron are supposed to be friends. So, if that happens, hopefully Lebron will be able to keep him in line so he doesn't become a locker room problem.

All jokes aside if CarMElo can be a team player I think he could be an assest off the bench. But if he insists on being a starter the Lakers shouldn't even consider him.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just needs to stay in shape, maybe have his agent release video of him nailing shots and keep saying things like "I have no problem coming off the bench"

Oh, you!