• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carmelo asked to join team USA and was rejected lol

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAS VEGAS – Three-time Olympic gold medalist Carmelo Anthony expressed interest in playing for USA Basketball during the 2019 FIBA World Cup, USA Basketball Managing Director Jerry Colangelo told SI.com, but was told the team was moving forward with a new group.

In an interview on Wednesday, Colangelo expressed deep respect and appreciation for Anthony’s contributions to USA Basketball. The 2016 USA Basketball Co-Male Athlete of the Year, Anthony is arguably the greatest player in USA Basketball history. Anthony won a bronze medal in the 2004 Olympics, following it up by helping the U.S. to three consecutive gold’s in ’08, ’12 and ’16.

According to Colangelo, Anthony requested a chance to play through a representative. Colangelo, though, believed it was time to move on.

“I love Carmelo,” Colangelo said. “He made a great contribution. He was a very good international player. But for where we are and what we’re doing, that conceivably could have been a distraction. I understand why the request was made. He’s trying to reestablish himself. I think that has to be done in the [NBA].”

Nobody wants carmelo. Reminds me of shaqdaddy and her family after dealing with her lol

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colangelo is a dick. That team will struggle to medal anyway, I think Melo will be fortunate he doesn’t have to share in the humiliation.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carmelo doesn't seem to realize he's done but the rest of the world does

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to have a weird obsession with me.

I get that I humiliated you countless times, but calm down little fella.

I just threw that in there to see if you would come running...

And welp here you are, Sad! lol

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job standing up for your boyfriend. You must be the big spoon.

I actually read that wrong, i thought you responded to me...Sad on my part. It played well anyways, you are kinda a loser tbh