• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lol, Lyerla, coke head.... "UO offered me car and house"

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a coke head who got caught and eventually kicked out of school for it, then like 1 or 2 years later after getting cut from the NFL suddenly makes it an issue.

And really, a car and a house is what he claim was offered, but anyone can get either of those things while playing football legitimately. Schools will pay for housing, and a student loan/grant is more than enough to buy a car.

He's just trying to throw himself into the spotlight and it's pretty damn obvious.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring on the investigation. You gotta question the few us targets that chose Oregon on a last minute flip. De Anthony Thomas comes to mind

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a coke head who got caught and eventually kicked out of school for it, then like 1 or 2 years later after getting cut from the NFL suddenly makes it an issue.

And really, a car and a house is what he claim was offered, but anyone can get either of those things while playing football legitimately. Schools will pay for housing, and a student loan/grant is more than enough to buy a car.

He's just trying to throw himself into the spotlight and it's pretty damn obvious.
I agree that this kid had a drug habit but that doesn't mean he is lying about this.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that this kid had a drug habit but that doesn't mean he is lying about this.

It doesn't matter because he has motives other than wanting to tell the truth. For all I know there is some Washington booster who bought him an 8ball to say things. It's not like he's just up and suddenly got a conscience about it and wants to come clean. He is at best just being vindictive towards his former school.

It could be 100% true and just the tip of the iceberg. But he has no credibility and can't be trusted.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell does his drug habit have anything to do with telling the truth?

If nothing else, this merits a cursory investigation.

It is a serious allegation.

Oregon better get their house in order. It looks petty to assassinate someone's character.
The NCAA absolutely hates when its witnesses or whistleblowers get personally attacke

If the NCAA starts sniffing around for this, who knows what they might find.
They might not find anything to substantiate this claim, but they always find something else.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter because he has motives other than wanting to tell the truth. For all I know there is some Washington booster who bought him an 8ball to say things. It's not like he's just up and suddenly got a conscience about it and wants to come clean. He is at best just being vindictive towards his former school.

It could be 100% true and just the tip of the iceberg. But he has no credibility and can't be trusted.
He may have a shady past but maybe there should be an investigation. I wouldn't just disregard everything he's saying.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If absolutely nothing else, I would think that Oregon would look into it. They have a lot to lose if this is a problem within their athletic department and they are found to have sat idly by. Further, aren't they still under probation from the Willie Lyles flap? This is not good news for Oregon. The fact that the kid is a knucklehead should not prevent them from being proactive in dealing with it.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This story is complete bullshit.

Everybody knows the going rate for TE's is a mid-size compact. There is just not enough value in the in position. Even in the SEC it would be a stretch for him to get a crossover SUV...NOBODY would go car and house...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell does his drug habit have anything to do with telling the truth?

If nothing else, this merits a cursory investigation.

It is a serious allegation.

Oregon better get their house in order. It looks petty to assassinate someone's character.
The NCAA absolutely hates when its witnesses or whistleblowers get personally attacke

If the NCAA starts sniffing around for this, who knows what they might find.
They might not find anything to substantiate this claim, but they always find something else.

Oregon forced him to do coke, get caught, and then quit the team/school because he didn't want to face the punishment?

Seems like that would be the bigger story than a house and car - which all players can get legitimately.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:finger:Wonder why the last President of the UO left town in the middle of the night about a month ago? Probably so he could still get a job somewhere else. Saw the writing on the wall so to speak.

Colt is nothing more than a microcosm of what's really going on down there.

signed...

Benny the Beaver :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's a given that Oregon or any school will look into it. That's just compliance 101.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why the last President of the UO left town in the middle of the night about a month ago? Probably so he could still get a job somewhere else. Saw the writing on the wall so to speak.

Colt is nothing more than a microcosm of what's really going on down there.

signed...

Benny the Beaver

why would the president of the school be sweating?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell if I know, nor does anyone else...story is evolving like most others. Google why yourself 4d20, maybe you can shed some light on it. NOBODY else has of yet.

It's a non story that isn't going anywhere IMO.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Investigate. Fry us if it's true. I'd rather go back to 2-10 then have an SEC type gross negligence program