• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiss Your Grits and Eat Your Sister (Stream of Consciousness 9/26/20)

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ding dong, the SEC is here

Chaps, the schedule is getting fuller. Big nude Saturday gives us the Sooners v. Kansas State, And if that doesn't do it for you, flip over to Florida and Ole Miss Kiffin. And if that doesn't do it for you, look at Auburn and Kentucky. Or maybe you'd rather watch Louisville and Pitt. What I'm saying is we've got options. Can't wait to see how these teams look, and if we are lucky maybe we'll get another day of rolling upsets. ND got taken out by Florida Man, so no big banger for me today. Inbterested in the Bearcat-Army game though.

Foodwise, smoked a couple racks of ribs yesterday. All my kids were finally in school and I had an actual quiet house. But my plans to cook up a bunch of sides devolved into me playing video games. So looks like I'm making some sides today. Macaroni and cheese, slaw, and greens are the plan. I feel like I always mess up mac and cheese - it never quite comes out the way I envision it in my head. Eh well, once more into the breach.

Beer of the day is Elvis Juice, which purports to be a grapefruit IPA. Can't say I'm overrun with grapefruit when I drink it, but it is pleasantly tangy, so I like it. I'm interested to see what you guys like to watch, eat, and drink on gameday.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake me up in time for the Nebraska game.

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding.

by the way...

what is Big nude Saturday?
The alternate title for Fox's Big Noon Saturday game of the week. You know Gus Johnson isn't wearing pants on those broadcasts

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The alternate title for Fox's Big Noon Saturday game of the week. You know Gus Johnson isn't wearing pants on those broadcasts

did not need to know that.

don’t wanna know how you know.

ya know?

Tenn"cock

Always Somewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 12.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How you feeling about SC this year?

Well, I am cautiously optimistic. Excited that we have Bobo, and we have some talent at QB. not only do we have Hellinski, who did a great job as a true freshman, but we have graduate transfer Collin Hill, who played under Bobo at Colorado State, and is very familiar with Bobo's system, so that should be a huge plus. We also return Shi Smith who should be very good this season.

On D, we have Ernest Jones, who led the Gamecocks last season with 97 tackles, and ranked fifth in the SEC. We also returned Jaycee Horn and Isreal Mukuamu who were named ALL SEC.

Overall I am hoping for some definite improvement in our ability to score, and more consistency from the Offense.

Whether that will equal more wins for us this year, I dunno but fingers crossed.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am cautiously optimistic. Excited that we have Bobo, and we have some talent at QB. not only do we have Hellinski, who did a great job as a true freshman, but we have graduate transfer Collin Hill, who played under Bobo at Colorado State, and is very familiar with Bobo's system, so that should be a huge plus. We also return Shi Smith who should be very good this season.

On D, we have Ernest Jones, who led the Gamecocks last season with 97 tackles, and ranked fifth in the SEC. We also returned Jaycee Horn and Isreal Mukuamu who were named ALL SEC.

Overall I am hoping for some definite improvement in our ability to score, and more consistency from the Offense.

Whether that will equal more wins for us this year, I dunno but fingers crossed.
Shi has been ok, but the big mystery is who is gonna step up behind him at wideout. The things I'm looking for:
(1) Can somebody get open?
(2) Can we stop the run with 4 down-linemen?
(3) Can we run against 4 down-linemen?
(4) Will Hilinski be more consistent?

Tenn"cock

Always Somewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 12.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shi has been ok, but the big mystery is who is gonna step up behind him at wideout. The things I'm looking for:
(1) Can somebody get open?
(2) Can we stop the run with 4 down-linemen?
(3) Can we run against 4 down-linemen?
(4) Will Hilinski be more consistent?

Yeah, I am also worried about our ability to stop the run... hoping that is something the D has been working on.

Not having anyone really shine at RB has hurt us in the past. I will be watching to see how Bobo is going to address our run attck.

As far as Hilinski, I am thinking Colin Hill starting will give us more consistency at QB.... especially with him already playing under Bobo's system.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am also worried about our ability to stop the run... hoping that is something the D has been working on.

Not having anyone really shine at RB has hurt us in the past. I will be watching to see how Bobo is going to address our run attck.

As far as Hilinski, I am thinking Colin Hill starting will give us more consistency at QB.... especially with him already playing under Bobo's system.
Oh s***, I didn't see the announcement Hill was starting, that's interesting. Looks like he just outplayed RH in practice.

As to the RB's, that really sucked Lloyd getting the ACL. Supposedly Fenwick has stepped it up conditioning-wise, and definitely want to see Kevin Harris with some power-running.

The depth chart is showing Jordan Burch in the two-deep, so we have two 5-stars on DL.

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like a big game for them tonight then. Looking at their schedule they've got some tough ones - at home against an ok Vols team is almost a must win.

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man still haven't tried to cook any food, but I am set up in the back yard watching ESPN. Tryna figure out how my game rotation will go. Probably start off with a look at the Sooners, then watch some SEC

Tenn"cock

Always Somewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 12.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting off watching Kentucky vs Auburn....

Go MildCats!!

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rattler throws a pick on their first drive. A little tougher sledding this week

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UF Players having a social justice moment before the game. I'm sure @JuiceTheGator is kneeling right there with them.

Yeah, the politics already starting with the announcers. Hit mute button immediately. Will stay on until I need to hear a penalty decision.

If I want politics, I can turn to CNN or Fox. I want entertainment.