• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lokking ahead to the offseason version 3

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buyout/Voided Contracts

Ryan Malone - Contract bought out.

Malone is a gonna

RFA's

Cody Kunyk - Re-sign, 1 year $900,000 - 2 way deal
Alex Killorn - Re-sign, 3 years $7.5 mill - cap hit $2.5mill
J.T Brown - Re-sign, 1 year $1.25 mill
Tyler Johnson - Re-sign, 4 years $13 mill - cap hit $3.25 mill
Ondrej Palat - Re-sign, 4 years $13 mill - cap hit $3.25 mill
Richard Panik - Re-sign, 1 year $1 mill
Keith Aulie - Re-sign, 1 year $950,000 - 2 way deal
Andrej Sustr - Re-sign, 2 years $3 mill - cap hit $ 1.5 mill
Mark Barberio - Re-sign 1 year $1 mill
Anders Lindback - explained below

Yzerman locks up this impressive group of youth.

UFA's

Ryan Callahan - Re-sign, 6 years $35.25 mill - cap hit $ 5.875 mill (Dustin Brown money)
Sami Salo - walks
Tom Pyatt - Re-sign, 1 year $750,000
Brian Lee - Re-signs, 1 year $950,000 - 2 way deal
Mike Kostka - walks

Todd convinced me on Callahan, this is a player what the organization desperately wants to keep. His style of play just complements all of our youth upfront. Yzerman said the day we got him that he didn't want this to be just a rental, Cooper's saying as long his coaching this time he wants Ryan Callahan on this team. He enjoyed is short stint here, the fans loved him, the organization loved him. Cally re-ups in Tampa!

Pyatt sticks around, Cooper loves him!

Extensions

Ben Bishop, Re-signs, 5 years $27.5 mill - cap hit $5.5 mill (contract starts 2015 - 2016 season)

Get the big man locked up asap!!!

Trades

Kevin Bieksa for Brett Connolly, Luke Witkowski and a 2015 3rd round pick.

Yzerman needs a top 4 dman as we all know. Personally i'm on fan of Bieksa, always have been and although he only has 2 years left a deal that would pay him $9.2 mill, I think he's worth it. Plays roughly 25 mins a night, plays all situations, plays a stay-at-home style but also is not shy in jumping in on the play. Kinda like Gudas regarding his physical play and he's tough as nails, arguably the toughest guy in the league which is also a benefit as we could use a bit more toughness especially infront of Bish.

Lance Bouma, John Ramange and a 2014 5th round pick for Teddy Purcell and Anders Lindback

Bolts add some more grit in Bouma, 24 years old, 5G 10A 15P last year with the flames. Plays physical, throws his weight around, kills penalties, blocks shots and although not a experienced fighter, he is willing to drop the gloves. Ramage mainly a depth pickup, only 23, might blossom into a 5/6 defenseman but we need AHL depth especially with trading Witkowski away. Flames get a young goalie to pair with Ramo also add Teddy to try and get some salary to get above the cap floor although bolts retain some salary in the deal.

FA

Lightning do nothing

Lineup

Palat-Stamkos-Johnson
Killorn-Filppula-Callahan
Brown-Drouin-Kucherov
Bouma-Thompson-Panik

Pyatt-Crombeen

Hedman-Bieksa
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Sustr

Barberio

Bishop
Gudlevskis

Your probably wondering why Drouin is 3rd line Center? Well he played Center in Junior this year and played it pretty well, the thing is though he can plays all 3 forward positions. I think he'll start on the 3rd line for starters as they won't rush him plus I think having his playmaking paired with Kucherov sniping ability is pretty lethal, plus it balance's the lines out as well. However as the season rolls on, Drouin will get moved around maybe perhaps to Val's line and put Killorn on the 3rd or they could put him on the top line and move Johnny to 3rd line Center.

As for the defense your probably thinking is Bieksa enough? Well I personally think Yzerman need to add a top 4 dman like Bieksa but other than that I just say stay pat. As much as you want to improve now, I think you let guys like Hedman, Gudas, Sustr and Barberio just keep developing, they all have bright future's and will continue to get better year by year.

Bieksa and Bouma featured on the video below

Last edited by a moderator:

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want this guy be wearing a bolt sweater next year!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaUDQP7HVPM]Kevin Bieksa- Till I Collapse - YouTube[/ame]

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why we traded Dustin Tokarski for Cedric Desjardins ?

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder that every day bolt! But we signed Tyler Johnson to a 3 year contract today!

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a Boucher move, Boucher wanted him plus they thought at the time if Lindback or Garon went down they wanted a more veteran experienced goalie to fill in. As much as the trade was a loss, imagine how deep our goaltending would of been? We have enough at it is.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be tough to keep Callahan and get defenseman well see what yzerman can do