• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LMAO At Popovich

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The news reporter comes up to Popovich and says that he mentioned the team had lost their commore and looks Hill straight in the face and tells him he never said that and he must be making it up. Looking straight face like a dead man, Hill is speechless for Pops says, hey this is a new season, so I was just screwing with you.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be funny if Pop wasn't like that to reporters all the time.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard about this on espn radio on my way to the store this evening. Thought it kind of interesting that someone on the show said that Pop is very amiable until the cameras roll. A point was then made about how the public has a tendency to regard reporters as mere hacks. Kind of made me wonder whether Pop is trying to become popular with the public by making reporters look stupid. Or not.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard about this on espn radio on my way to the store this evening. Thought it kind of interesting that someone on the show said that Pop is very amiable until the cameras roll. A point was then made about how the public has a tendency to regard reporters as mere hacks. Kind of made me wonder whether Pop is trying to become popular with the public by making reporters look stupid. Or not.
He always told the truth and been honest though, so to deny he said something and be so straight with it completely blew Jim Hill's mind - I haven't seen Popovich laugh much, so I liked it that he could have a sense of humor for a change

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He always told the truth and been honest though, so to deny he said something and be so straight with it completely blew Jim Hill's mind - I haven't seen Popovich laugh much, so I liked it that he could have a sense of humor for a change

I find most interesting the aspect of the discussion I heard was that Pop has a history of being very friendly to reporters until the cameras role, at which time he allegedly tries to trivialize the questions that the reporter asks. He is clearly a legendary coach, but I thought it interesting -- if true -- that he cultivates a duplicitous relationship with the media, since it seems strange to me that a coach of his stature would willingly create any ill will with reporters.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find most interesting the aspect of the discussion I heard was that Pop has a history of being very friendly to reporters until the cameras role, at which time he allegedly tries to trivialize the questions that the reporter asks. He is clearly a legendary coach, but I thought it interesting -- if true -- that he cultivates a duplicitous relationship with the media, since it seems strange to me that a coach of his stature would willingly create any ill will with reporters.
I kind of think that he knows he only has a few years left in the NBA and perhaps has decided to lighten up a bit and try to leave everyone with a pleasant opinion of him. One thing for sure, he likes to mess with them - lol

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of think that he knows he only has a few years left in the NBA and perhaps has decided to lighten up a bit and try to leave everyone with a pleasant opinion of him. One thing for sure, he likes to mess with them - lol
The fact that ESPN reporters make a game out of who has to ask him questions and who gets the most words out of him makes me laugh. They all know he's joking. To be fair though, some reporters do ask some really stupid questions.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that ESPN reporters make a game out of who has to ask him questions and who gets the most words out of him makes me laugh. They all know he's joking. To be fair though, some reporters do ask some really stupid questions.
Ya gotta love pops for messing with their fragile egos