• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Live draft-dynasty startup

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw Steeler, what did the owner get in return for the Herbert trade you said went down?
Unm here that guu had drafted herbert 1.03, zach wilson 2.10, desaun watson 3.02, and mac jones 5.10, jordan love 7.03

he had no intention of conpeting this year and wanted to accumulate picks in this draft and the next. He flipped herbert and mac jones6625D548-C4F5-418B-801B-DAF48CA5C7B7.jpeg

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone with opinions on that trade i posted?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone with opinions on that trade i posted?
It’s a weird trade.

he spent his first round pick ( 3rd overall ) on Herbert, plus gave up 11, 12 & 22 round picks for a 5th, 6th, 11th & 13th round picks and 1st in the next 2 drafts.

I think he got hosed to be honest. Should’ve got way more for the 1.3 pick IMO.

you were offered (2) 1st, 2nd and 3rds for your 1.9, which is way better than he got for 1.3

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep saying with Goff at QB?

you do realize Woods and Kupp still had 1,000 yards seasons with Goff at the helm.

you act like Goff ignored the WR’s and only threw to TE’s.

McVay’s offense is designed to spread the ball around and with Goff at the helm they still had 2 1,000 yards receivers and 2 TE’s that nearly accounted for 1,000 yards.

that means, those numbers should only get better with Stafford at the helm.

everyone acts like Goff is some scrub QB. Guy threw for over 4500 yards two seasons in a row and almost 4000 last year.
Because he sucks, and HE is the reason McVay switched to featuring TE's, and HE is the reason they traded for Stafford...and Stafford is the reason they'll likely move away from the TE being featured...why is that very simple point to.point, easy to follow the numbers, logic evading you in this discussion??

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean honestly..a team doesn't not trade 2 #1's a #3, and their starting QB to keep things as is...what they did, or didn't do with Goff is %1000 irrelevant. Obviously, a MASSIVE move was made to change things up.

So yeah..."with Goff at QB" means a ton, because everything is different...if it wasn't going to be, they'd still have Goff

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a weird trade.

he spent his first round pick ( 3rd overall ) on Herbert, plus gave up 11, 12 & 22 round picks for a 5th, 6th, 11th & 13th round picks and 1st in the next 2 drafts.

I think he got hosed to be honest. Should’ve got way more for the 1.3 pick IMO.

you were offered (2) 1st, 2nd and 3rds for your 1.9, which is way better than he got for 1.3
Right but its a startup draft. Very different, future picks are only rookies.

ill bring full circle what he did later, i dont mind it

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he sucks, and HE is the reason McVay switched to featuring TE's, and HE is the reason they traded for Stafford...and Stafford is the reason they'll likely move away from the TE being featured...why is that very simple point to.point, easy to follow the numbers, logic evading you in this discussion??
Wow, your definition of a sucky NFL QB is high.

over 12000 yards passing the past 3 seasons is a QB that sucks, huh?

2nd, the Rams have never featured their TE’s in the game plan. That had never happened.

3rd, Goff is not the reason they so called “featured” TE’s. That is McVay.

do you even remember who was McVay’s first draft pick as HC? It was Everett in the 2nd round. Why? Because he just came from Washington where he utilized Reed and wanted a similar TE to utilize, and this was before he had even played a single game with Goff at the helm.

again, it’s not Goff, it’s McVay’s system that utilizes mismatches wherever he can create them, whether it is WR, TE or RB.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but its a startup draft. Very different, future picks are only rookies.

ill bring full circle what he did later, i dont mind it
So, the teams never drop players after the season? There isn’t a set number of keepers you can keep every offseason?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean honestly..a team doesn't not trade 2 #1's a #3, and their starting QB to keep things as is...what they did, or didn't do with Goff is %1000 irrelevant. Obviously, a MASSIVE move was made to change things up.

So yeah..."with Goff at QB" means a ton, because everything is different...if it wasn't going to be, they'd still have Goff
They do if the HC is full of himself and thinks nothing is his fault and it’s all the QB’s fault, thus causing them to overpay to “upgrade” the position.

the Rams got fleeced in that trade, plain and simple.

the Lions got a Pro-Bowl QB and (2) 1st’s and a 3rd for an aging, injury prone QB, and I would not be surprised if it ended up blowing up in the Rams faces.

Especially since McVay and Snead love to ignore the OL in the draft and draft gadget midget players in the 2nd round instead. I’ll be surprised if Stafford makes it the whole season.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need some help. Have 3/4 picks coming up here bc of trades.

qb-jalen hurts
Superflex-carson wentz
Rb-saquon barkley
Rb-michael carter
Wr-tyreek hill
Wr-jamarr chase
Wr-diontae johnson
Te-
Flex-
Flex-

bench-derek carr

Not sure where to go. It is ppr too.

obj
Thielen
Brandon cooks(if watson was playing it would be him)
Tyler boyd
Raegor
Corey davis
Gallup
Curtis samuel
Mike williams

mike davis
Melving gordon
Fournette
Rojo
Mostert
David johnson
The buffalo rbs
Some rookies

highee
Irv smith
Cole kmet
Trautman
Ingram
Tonyan
Firskee
Everett
Hunter henry
Jonnu smith

Fitz
Ben
Cam
Tyrod taylor
Both broncos qbs
Jimmy g

Kinda whats out there

OBJ quite easily for me.

Like Mike Williams and Gallup.
Davis is a bandaid. I’d grab the Bucs duo or Bills duo.

I assume you mean Engram? He stands out in that TE list.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and tonyan had a very low target share, just hit pay dirt alot. Im thinking im taking higbee next i expect some names to go off the bord but we will see.

Agreee here too. @TKOSpikes is our bills guy

I really don’t think one of the Bills will “take over”. It’s a true duo and they both bring similarities and individual strengths.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the teams never drop players after the season? There isn’t a set number of keepers you can keep every offseason?
Its dynasty, you keep your whole team. Guys get dropped but your roster is yours. The next years draft is only rookies and guys that remain on waivers

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its dynasty, you keep your whole team. Guys get dropped but your roster is yours. The next years draft is only rookies and guys that remain on waivers
That’s quite different from my dynasty league.

we only keep 14 players, and the rest are put back into the draft pool with the rookies for next draft.

so, if you keep your whole team, your roster just keeps growing every season with no cap to the roster size?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s quite different from my dynasty league.

we only keep 14 players, and the rest are put back into the draft pool with the rookies for next draft.

so, if you keep your whole team, your roster just keeps growing every season with no cap to the roster size?
25 rosters. 4 taxi squad fill it however u like. But yeah u keep everyone. Thats why i said draft picks this year are worth far more.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the only issue was rgis being a startup, where next year is rookies only. At round 10 here we r still drafting starters, that made it hard to give up.

i have this offer pending. I dont like it but , based on the list a few posts up of who is available, perhaps some modification, could really sure up my team. @HaroldSeattle would appreciate dynasty input if you have it sir.

we are on pick 10.06

If i take this i would have the following picks coming up:

with the bold be picks acquired

id be happy aquirng 10.10, 11.10 or 12.01 alone, for less, but they all want firsts.
Sorry was traveling today to give my sister a hand.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ANGELAKERAMS

Justin Herbert

for
2022 round 1 pick
2023 round 1 pick

he essentially traded herbert and this years 22.10 for 2 future firsts and 5.10 and 6.3. The other picks are really swaps.

So, how did this work out?

5.10-Mac Jones
6.3-Miles Sanders

So at first glance he trieder herbert for basically mac jones, miles sanders, and 2 first round picks. If you're a mac jones guy, in a dynasty superflex, it could be worse. Herbert is a golden goose in superflex dynasty, pending injury a great young qb.

BUT he wasnt done. He traded mac jones........

Mac Jones

for

Remember, mac jones was pick 5.10.....so he traded jones back and only had 1 more pick till he picked again. He took Noah Fant(tight end premium in this league, 1.5 ppr, and 1 point per 8.5 receiving yards)

So he traded mac jones for Noah Fant, and made his 9th round pick a 6th, and his 13th a 12th.

Overall he turned herbert into:
-Miles Sanders
-Noah Fant
-Pick 6.3
-moving up to round 6 from round 9 in this years draft
-moving up from round 13 to round in this years draft
-2022 round 1 pick
-2023 round 1 pick

yeah i dig it. In a start up draft, that 6.3, and moving up a few rounds are huge.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, your definition of a sucky NFL QB is high.
Jesus fn christ...
Yeah they traded two #1s and a #3 because Goff was perfectly fine...smdh

I mean..christ almighty..YOUR team, runs this dude outta town, trading away their future to get someone better, someone who can make more plays, elevate the roster...if there is anyone on this board I would think would get it, that if they want to win playoff football, something had to change cuz the guy they had wasn't getting it done any longer..it'd be a Rams fan. I mean either Goff was perfectly fine, and your HC is now a proven idiot for doing what they did, or, Goff wasn't fine, and things are changing...which is it?

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus fn christ...
Yeah they traded two #1s and a #3 because Goff was perfectly fine...smdh

I mean..christ almighty..YOUR team, runs this dude outta town, trading away their future to get someone better, someone who can make more plays, elevate the roster...if there is anyone on this board I would think would get it, that if they want to win playoff football, something had to change cuz the guy they had wasn't getting it done any longer..it'd be a Rams fan. I mean either Goff was perfectly fine, and your HC is now a proven idiot for doing what they did, or, Goff wasn't fine, and things are changing...which is it?
Holy crap!

you think teams don’t make bad trades. Really?

you think the Texans trading (2) 1st’s for Tunalis has worked out for them? Or trading Hopkins for David Johnson?

trams make stupid trades all the time. Just because the Rams gave away a kings random for Stafford doesn’t mean it was a good trade or even the right trade.

mans winning in the playoffs. You are joking, right? Let’s see, Goff has taken them to the SB and won several playoff games, even one this last season with a broken thumb btw.

and they trade him for Tom Brady with lots of playoff wins. Nope! They trade him for a guy who has no playoff wins. 0-3. Guy couldn’t even win a playoff game with Megatron and all his other weapons.

The next 2 season will prove whether the trade was right or not, because if they don’t win the SB, it will be a bad trade. Just winning playoff games or getting to the SB is not enough because Goff already did those things.

if they don’t win the SB with Stafford, everyone will agree the trade was a disaster. They didn’t make the trade just so Stafford could finally win a playoff game.

And that’s assuming he can even stay healthy.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how'd you end up in this one after the dust settled?