• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Live draft-dynasty startup

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im in a live draft for a dynasty startup.
best ball format. 12 teams.
Superflex, heavy tight end premium.

start
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex(WR/RB/TE)

25 man rosters.
4 IR
4 Taxi Squad(rookies only- once off the taxi squad they cannot go back.

pick 1 patrick ma
Pick 2 josh allen

i pick 9th, targets? May go qb qb gonna be thin elsewhere though….one has to be a qb

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If QBs flood the top of the first round, think I might go RB then QB.

You miss out on the top 5-7 QBs (or at least you should in 2QB format draft) but should be in a primo spot for a top end RB or WR if you prefer

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im in a live draft for a dynasty startup.
best ball format. 12 teams.
Superflex, heavy tight end premium.

start
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex(WR/RB/TE)

25 man rosters.
4 IR
4 Taxi Squad(rookies only- once off the taxi squad they cannot go back.

pick 1 patrick ma
Pick 2 josh allen

i pick 9th, targets? May go qb qb gonna be thin elsewhere though….one has to be a qb
Well I'm sure you know my thoughts on what to concentrate on in 2 QB leagues. But at 9, it really is what's still there. You can't reach for a random QB if an elite RB/WR is sitting there...

Could be a situation where you build younger stud RB/WR/TE core, and target a one or two of the rookie QB's and a 'boring' vet a little later, hope for the best, and maybe bank on being in a spot to take "The Rattler" next year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If QBs flood the top of the first round, think I might go RB then QB.

You miss out on the top 5-7 QBs (or at least you should in 2QB format draft) but should be in a primo spot for a top end RB or WR if you prefer

Well I'm sure you know my thoughts on what to concentrate on in 2 QB leagues. But at 9, it really is what's still there. You can't reach for a random QB if an elite RB/WR is sitting there...

Could be a situation where you build younger stud RB/WR/TE core, and target a one or two of the rookie QB's and a 'boring' vet a little later, hope for the best, and maybe bank on being in a spot to take "The Rattler" next year.
Yeah agree guys.

pick three was herbert

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there a max on QBs an owner can have??

with only 12 teams, you should be able to get 2 decent QBs, no need to rush... just dont wait too long, you dont want your qb1 to be a should be bench QB...

but at 9, i would definitely draft a RB...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be able to hang your hat on Brady, Fitz, and/or Big Ben for this year. Given the dynasty aspect, the older guys that are obviously nearing the end might fall a little bit.
Maybe a Carr/Ryan/Goff/Cousins/Wentz in the third or 4th if your a bit lucky, but I wouldn't reach beyond that group if you don't have to.

Edit..Given the 3 picks you've posted have already blown any ADP data on 2qb leagues completely out of the water, with Herbert being a late second/early third choice but going 1.03 here, good luck

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be able to hang your hat on Brady, Fitz, and/or Big Ben for this year. Given the dynasty aspect, the older guys that are obviously nearing the end might fall a little bit.
Maybe a Carr/Ryan/Goff/Cousins/Wentz in the third or 4th if your a bit lucky, but I wouldn't reach beyond that group if you don't have to.

Edit..Given the 3 picks you've posted have already blown any ADP data on 2qb leagues completely out of the water, with Herbert being a late second/early third choice but going 1.03 here, good luck

I got Herbert in that Kyler/Dak/Lamar tier behind Mahomes and Allen, bumped that whole group up over Watson and Wilson. I'd personally go with those other 3 over Herbert, but can't fault anyone who takes the stab on the Charger. Herbert in late 2nd/early 3rd in 2QB or Superflex Dynasty seems way too late, imo

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there a max on QBs an owner can have??

with only 12 teams, you should be able to get 2 decent QBs, no need to rush... just dont wait too long, you dont want your qb1 to be a should be bench QB...

but at 9, i would definitely draft a RB...

I got Herbert in that Kyler/Dak/Lamar tier behind Mahomes and Allen, bumped that whole group up over Watson and Wilson. I'd personally go with those other 3 over Herbert, but can't fault anyone who takes the stab on the Charger. Herbert in late 2nd/early 3rd in 2QB or Superflex Dynasty seems way too late, imo
1-mahomes
2-josh allen
3-herbert
4-kyler murray
5-lamar jackson
6-cmac
7-dak

Ughh if i wait there will be no qbs….

have an offer for my 1.09 for 2022 1st,2nd,3rd, ans 2023 1st , 2nd , 3rd

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-mahomes
2-josh allen
3-herbert
4-kyler murray
5-lamar jackson
6-cmac
7-dak

Ughh if i wait there will be no qbs….

You’ll be fine with qbs. Again there is only 12 teams. That is 24 starting qbs. Just take a look at the 25-32 qb just so you know your worst case. But at this point, I wouldn’t get my first qb until the 3rd round. But I would get a third before anyone else.

and that trade is rubbish. Remember this is a dynasty, so those would be rookie drafts. And that all depends on the pick they would have. But you are making them a lot better for this season. So.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’ll be fine with qbs. Again there is only 12 teams. That is 24 starting qbs. Just take a look at the 25-32 qb just so you know your worst case. But at this point, I wouldn’t get my first qb until the 3rd round. But I would get a third before anyone else.

and that trade is rubbish. Remember this is a dynasty, so those would be rookie drafts. And that all depends on the pick they would have. But you are making them a lot better for this season. So.
But theres tweve teams with deep rosters assuming no one is gonna stock pile is naive i think . Yeah yoire right on the trade. Any idea who to target for 1.09 and 2.04?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would NOT accept that offer

it isn't completely trash, but round 1 start up values are AT LEAST 3 firsts in rookie drafts

I agree with Milk, not sure there's much value at QB, Wilson is last on my list for what I'd consider 'elite' at the position. I'd go Tyreek or Barkley here and see what gets soaked up on the turn.

Tannehill, Rodgers, Ryan - not the worst targets for round 3, imo, Watson could very well fall with all his shit going on right now, steal of the draft if he plays

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would NOT accept that offer

it isn't completely trash, but round 1 start up values are AT LEAST 3 firsts in rookie drafts

I agree with Milk, not sure there's much value at QB, Wilson is last on my list for what I'd consider 'elite' at the position. I'd go Tyreek or Barkley here and see what gets soaked up on the turn.

Tannehill, Rodgers, Ryan - not the worst targets for round 3, imo, Watson could very well fall with all his shit going on right now, steal of the draft if he plays
Yeah my short list was
Barkely
Kamara
Taylor
Hill

dunno who

barkley has the injury. Kamara and taylor are both uber young. Hill is tied to mahomes and very young

Maybe herbert isnt a nutty pick

Last edited:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah my short list was
Barkely
Kamara
Taylor
Hill

dunno who

barkley has the injury. Kamara and taylor are both uber young. Hill is tied to mahomes and very young

I'm a super biased Taylor fan, so I try not to suggest him when guys like Barkley are still out there, but I loved Taylor coming out of college and really loved him fueling a couple dynasty title runs last year for me. I'd assume there's an outside chance Taylor makes it back to you in the 2nd, prob next to zero chance Barkley does, so maybe that means go Tyreek?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although i can warm to wilson and burrow…i have a strong feel qbs will be hoarded

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a super biased Taylor fan, so I try not to suggest him when guys like Barkley are still out there, but I loved Taylor coming out of college and really loved him fueling a couple dynasty title runs last year for me. I'd assume there's an outside chance Taylor makes it back to you in the 2nd, prob next to zero chance Barkley does, so maybe that means go Tyreek?
Wait so i hve all available. Barkley wont make it back so take tyreek at 1.09?
Or do u mean take barkely then tyreek.

im also trying to trade back for picks in this draft. Off the 1.09. If i can aquire an extra 2nd or third i may do it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But theres tweve teams with deep rosters assuming no one is gonna stock pile is naive i think . Yeah yoire right on the trade. Any idea who to target for 1.09 and 2.04?
deep rosters sure, but again, nobody is going to draft their QB 3 in the first 5 rounds... so no need to rush to get your QB if the value is not there... and if you can get 2 monster RBs, or a monster RB and a monster WR... then you will be in good shape...

Just because QBs are premium doesnt mean you have to get panic and take one at bad value...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deep rosters sure, but again, nobody is going to draft their QB 3 in the first 5 rounds... so no need to rush to get your QB if the value is not there... and if you can get 2 monster RBs, or a monster RB and a monster WR... then you will be in good shape...

Just because QBs are premium doesnt mean you have to get panic and take one at bad value...
Ive seen in these leagues guys hoarding qbs strictly for trades….but if i can't trade back, its barkley-hill-kamara-taylor

zeke and cook are considerations but cant gi there

any input on that list

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah my short list was
Barkely
Kamara
Taylor
Hill

dunno who

id go taylor there... youngest, best team... and will catch enough to keep him on the field at all times... and as of now, no injury concerns... definitely the safest pick...

Barkley would be my go for the gold pick...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id go taylor there... youngest, best team... and will catch enough to keep him on the field at all times... and as of now, no injury concerns... definitely the safest pick...

Barkley would be my go for the gold pick...
Yeah guess the only other concern is taylors massive college workload