• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Live draft-dynasty startup

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Davis would be a great pick as would fournette. After his playoff run, think he takes the starting roll from rojo

think Higbee gets a bump because Stafford loves to use his TE’s. Like Tonyan, but his value is tied to Rodgers, and that situation is muddled.
Yeah and tonyan had a very low target share, just hit pay dirt alot. Im thinking im taking higbee next i expect some names to go off the bord but we will see.

Also think Moss takes over starting role from Singletary this year, but you can probably wait on him a bit.

he definitely got the goal line carries last year, so that should continue.
Agreee here too. @TKOSpikes is our bills guy

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, you’ve done well considering you started at the end of the first round.

I actually would’ve taken that trade offer for your first. It would’ve changed your draft strategy for this year, but having (2) first, second and thirds for the next two drafts would’ve given you trade ammo, or you keep them and stack your team for the next two years.

it is a dynasty draft after all, so it’s not just about this year, but future drafts as well.

not to mention, that team would’ve been hurting to replenish his team for the next 2 drafts as well.

I know my opinion is against the grain, but that’s how I approach my dynasty leagues, trying not to just focus on this season alone but stockpiling for the future.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, you’ve done well considering you started at the end of the first round.

I actually would’ve taken that trade offer for your first. It would’ve changed your draft strategy for this year, but having (2) first, second and thirds for the next two drafts would’ve given you trade ammo, or you keep them and stack your team for the next two years.

it is a dynasty draft after all, so it’s not just about this year, but future drafts as well.

not to mention, that team would’ve been hurting to replenish his team for the next 2 drafts as well.

I know my opinion is against the grain, but that’s how I approach my dynasty leagues, trying not to just focus on this season alone but stockpiling for the future.
Yeah the only issue was rgis being a startup, where next year is rookies only. At round 10 here we r still drafting starters, that made it hard to give up.

i have this offer pending. I dont like it but , based on the list a few posts up of who is available, perhaps some modification, could really sure up my team. @HaroldSeattle would appreciate dynasty input if you have it sir.

we are on pick 10.06

If i take this i would have the following picks coming up:

with the bold be picks acquired

id be happy aquirng 10.10, 11.10 or 12.01 alone, for less, but they all want firsts.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need tight ends in this league and its superflex but the value on obj and mike davis seems huge
OBJ has never lived up to the hype his early career created, and lately he can't stay on the feild..and he's about to be 29. In a dynasty, he's losing value fast. Still probably the best that's available, it's just not as great as it sounds.

Mike Davis MIGHT be a big get for this season...MAYBE..I'd still bet a paycheck the Falcons add someone significant. But even if they don't, Davis is not a long term option for either the Falcons, or Dynasty owners. Nor is he all that great to begin. He's a rock solid all around NFL back, specializing in the pass game where he's exceptional, but he's not a goal line back, (if he were, someone our of the 4 teams in six years would've used him as such, so I don't care how compact and strong his stature implies), and he's not the guy to hand the ball to to ice the game. Maybe he's good enough for ATL this year, maybe not, but next year he'll be 30 after about week 2 or 3, and they'll have to do something soon.

Of the names you picked, considering 3/4 picks, and what you've already got on board (D. Johnson already, really??)

I'd be after one each of the following..with TE being my highest priority given your setup.

WR OBJ, Gallup, Reagor

RB The Buffalo RB's...perhaps the rookies, depends on who's left (Gainwell, Stevenson??). All the RB's you listed are on my avoid list as they've all had the replacements drafted/signed, and/or nearing the ends of their careers, or just not that good to begin with...given that, I'd probably put this position as my lowest priority for you 3/4 picks- unless Gainwell or Stevenson are around

TE- Tonyan, Henry, I. Smith. I don't get the love for the Kmet's and Trautmans of the world. Or Higbee..Stafford isn't going to favor TE's nearly like Goff, did so to assume Higbee will do anything more just because Everett is gone is a little stretch. Is Friermouth still out there? Not a guy I want to start this year, but definitely one I wanna stash.

Qb- you do need another, but it's not a high priority. Fitz carries the most value in my opinion. Both in terms of production, and what someone might give up for him if their main guys go down. Neither Cam, JimmyG, nor Thia stick figure to be starters long..if at all, Ben would be fine, the way last year ended really has me scared that he's not at all what he used to be though. Be a tough sell to trade. The Fenver guys..geesh...if Lock wins the job, he could have Winston like production with those weapons, but there will always be the potential that TedyB replaces him after the third 4 int game. And if Teddy wins, well, he'll be boring old Teddy.
How about J. Love, is he still out there? Little risky, but I'd rather have him than Cam, Thai or JimmyG or TeddyB. Don't forget about the stash guys like Trask, Mond, Mills, and Heinicke a little later.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ has never lived up to the hype his early career created, and lately he can't stay on the feild..and he's about to be 29. In a dynasty, he's losing value fast. Still probably the best that's available, it's just not as great as it sounds.

Mike Davis MIGHT be a big get for this season...MAYBE..I'd still bet a paycheck the Falcons add someone significant. But even if they don't, Davis is not a long term option for either the Falcons, or Dynasty owners. Nor is he all that great to begin. He's a rock solid all around NFL back, specializing in the pass game where he's exceptional, but he's not a goal line back, (if he were, someone our of the 4 teams in six years would've used him as such, so I don't care how compact and strong his stature implies), and he's not the guy to hand the ball to to ice the game. Maybe he's good enough for ATL this year, maybe not, but next year he'll be 30 after about week 2 or 3, and they'll have to do something soon.

Of the names you picked, considering 3/4 picks, and what you've already got on board (D. Johnson already, really??)

I'd be after one each of the following..with TE being my highest priority given your setup.

WR OBJ, Gallup, Reagor

RB The Buffalo RB's...perhaps the rookies, depends on who's left (Gainwell, Stevenson??). All the RB's you listed are on my avoid list as they've all had the replacements drafted/signed, and/or nearing the ends of their careers, or just not that good to begin with...given that, I'd probably put this position as my lowest priority for you 3/4 picks- unless Gainwell or Stevenson are around

TE- Tonyan, Henry, I. Smith. I don't get the love for the Kmet's and Trautmans of the world. Or Higbee..Stafford isn't going to favor TE's nearly like Goff, did so to assume Higbee will do anything more just because Everett is gone is a little stretch. Is Friermouth still out there? Not a guy I want to start this year, but definitely one I wanna stash.

Qb- you do need another, but it's not a high priority. Fitz carries the most value in my opinion. Both in terms of production, and what someone might give up for him if their main guys go down. Neither Cam, JimmyG, nor Thia stick figure to be starters long..if at all, Ben would be fine, the way last year ended really has me scared that he's not at all what he used to be though. Be a tough sell to trade. The Fenver guys..geesh...if Lock wins the job, he could have Winston like production with those weapons, but there will always be the potential that TedyB replaces him after the third 4 int game. And if Teddy wins, well, he'll be boring old Teddy.
How about J. Love, is he still out there? Little risky, but I'd rather have him than Cam, Thai or JimmyG or TeddyB. Don't forget about the stash guys like Trask, Mond, Mills, and Heinicke a little later.
Appreciate it. I did go with davis and obj. Davis just on the asumption of this year, and possibly next. Im of the opinion he well get a large volume of work this season and perhaps next. Useful piece for this year, and perhaps massive trade bait after a few big games. Expect him to be used on the passing game heavily which will boost his value alone even without goal line work. There just is no one on atlanta to threaten hin.

i agree on obj, but i did snag him.

qb wise i just dont think drew lock is good. Hells cripple those weapons in denver. Just my opinion. But fitz would be my qb choice just like you then ben.

regarding tight ends. I dont like tonyan he had like 50 targets and ten tds. Unless he leeps getting a td every 4-5 catches…he drops big time. Stafford and mcvay like using a tight end, not sauong higbees a monster but hes the only game in town. Check the tight end targets when mcvays been running show there. Kmet, not a huge fan, but again he should be getting 5 ish targets a game min. Trautman…the saints traded a fair haul to get him, and cook is gone. No sig wr’s brought in. There should be a high potential there. Trautman was a very good receiving tight end coming out of college.

Just my counter thoughts . Appreciate the input as always

edit: saw the stafford comment and youre right , he doesnt favor them, but they arent shied away from.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think Higbee gets a bump because Stafford loves to use his TE’s.
???

Stafford has never favored the TE. Usage wise the highest receptions by a TE in Staffords career is the 71 put up by Ebron in '16..usually it's in the 40-50 range. He doesn't ignore TE's, but he's always favored the WR's. Last year Hockensen did get a lot of red zone looks, he was also the only decent option on the field half of the time since Golladay barely played.

Woods, and Kupp are definitely better options than Marvin Jones and a gaggle of practice squad dudes, and Higbee isn't Hockensen.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate it. I did go with davis and obj. Davis just on the asumption of this year, and possibly next. Im of the opinion he well get a large volume of work this season and perhaps next. Useful piece for this year, and perhaps massive trade bait after a few big games. Expect him to be used on the passing game heavily which will boost his value alone even without goal line work. There just is no one on atlanta to threaten hin.

i agree on obj, but i did snag him.

qb wise i just dont think drew lock is good. Hells cripple those weapons in denver. Just my opinion. But fitz would be my qb choice just like you then ben.

regarding tight ends. I dont like tonyan he had like 50 targets and ten tds. Unless he leeps getting a td every 4-5 catches…he drops big time. Stafford and mcvay like using a tight end, not sauong higbees a monster but hes the only game in town. Check the tight end targets when mcvays been running show there. Kmet, not a huge fan, but again he should be getting 5 ish targets a game min. Trautman…the saints traded a fair haul to get him, and cook is gone. No sig wr’s brought in. There should be a high potential there. Trautman was a very good receiving tight end coming out of college.

Just my counter thoughts . Appreciate the input as always

edit: saw the stafford comment and youre right , he doesnt favor them, but they arent shied away from.
Well..McVay did use the TE a ton..he also had Goff, so he adjusted his system to fit the inadequacies of his QB..before Goff exposed himself, McVay was ALL about Woods, Kupp and Cooks

Check Staffords career.. he doesn't use the TE anymore so than any other average QB..and he's got substantially better options at WR this year, than he did last year..and even then Hockensen had plenty of scores, but he wasn't some crazy target monster

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the only issue was rgis being a startup, where next year is rookies only. At round 10 here we r still drafting starters, that made it hard to give up.

i have this offer pending. I dont like it but , based on the list a few posts up of who is available, perhaps some modification, could really sure up my team. @HaroldSeattle would appreciate dynasty input if you have it sir.

we are on pick 10.06

If i take this i would have the following picks coming up:

with the bold be picks acquired

id be happy aquirng 10.10, 11.10 or 12.01 alone, for less, but they all want firsts.
I wouldn’t give up any first’s this late in the draft. It’s just not worth it.

again, that is thinking short term and not long term.

unless someone is offering you a stud QB for 1st’s, I’m passing.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

Stafford has never favored the TE. Usage wise the highest receptions by a TE in Staffords career is the 71 put up by Ebron in '16..usually it's in the 40-50 range. He doesn't ignore TE's, but he's always favored the WR's. Last year Hockensen did get a lot of red zone looks, he was also the only decent option on the field half of the time since Golladay barely played.

Woods, and Kupp are definitely better options than Marvin Jones and a gaggle of practice squad dudes, and Higbee isn't Hockensen.
What do you mean?

have you not seen Hockinson’s stats last year?

and Higbee proved he could carry the TE role himself the end of 2019 when Everett was injured.

also, like Steelers said, McVay likes using his TE’s.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

I disagree.

I think Higbee and Hockinson are comparable. The difference is the Rams had two good TE’s that we’re used and Detroit only had Hockinson.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, at this point in the draft, you are looking for guys with a solid floor with some potential for more.

the other TE’s have more question marks than Higbee

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

I think Higbee and Hockinson are comparable. The difference is the Rams had two good TE’s that we’re used and Detroit only had Hockinson.
That alone is why he had the stats and usage he had..with Golladay out and Jones just a decent WR, Detroit only had Hockensen. Stafford doesn't have that limitation in LA..he'll have Woods and Kupp, and Van Jefferson. And again, before Goff regressed, the Rams went nuts utilizing Woods, Kupp and Cooks..the went TE heavy because it suited their QB's skillset

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

Well you're entitled to that opinion, but I imagine a consensus of scouts, execs, and coaches would gladly take Hockensen well before Higbee

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brass tacks, bare bones...you don't trade away your starting QB, 2 #1, and a #3, to keep the offense as is and keep lobbing 5 yard crossers to TE's

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, Higbee and Everett combined for 85 catches for 938 yards and 6 TD’s.

year before it was 81 catches for 1142 yards and 5 TD’s.

And that is with Woods and Kupp’s production as well.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, Higbee and Everett combined for 85 catches for 938 yards and 6 TD’s.

year before it was 81 catches for 1142 yards and 5 TD’s.

And that is with Woods and Kupp’s production as well.
And Goff at QB..which is excellent for Hockensen..not for Higbee

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Goff at QB..which is excellent for Hockensen..not for Higbee
Why do you keep saying with Goff at QB?

you do realize Woods and Kupp still had 1,000 yards seasons with Goff at the helm.

you act like Goff ignored the WR’s and only threw to TE’s.

McVay’s offense is designed to spread the ball around and with Goff at the helm they still had 2 1,000 yards receivers and 2 TE’s that nearly accounted for 1,000 yards.

that means, those numbers should only get better with Stafford at the helm.

everyone acts like Goff is some scrub QB. Guy threw for over 4500 yards two seasons in a row and almost 4000 last year.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw Steeler, what did the owner get in return for the Herbert trade you said went down?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff isn't a great decision maker or long ball guy, but he has a live arm and can hit windows just as good as any other non-elite QB. If he had a bit more mobility or ad-lib capabilities he'd still be with McVay

:2cents:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff isn't a great decision maker or long ball guy, but he has a live arm and can hit windows just as good as any other non-elite QB. If he had a bit more mobility or ad-lib capabilities he'd still be with McVay

:2cents:
I agree

his mobility isn’t terrible for a QB, but he definitely needs work on his ad-lib for sure. He doesn’t make things happen when plays break down and that’s when the fumbles and INT’s occur.

and he’s not a terrible long ball guy. He definitely has the arm strength. Look at some of his highlights and you will see it’s there.

and that throw against Minny a few years back on that Thurs night game to Kupp in the end zone, not too many WB’s can throw that ball on the run like that.