• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions to host Bears on Thanksgiving

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why's that?

I love it when the Bears play on Thanksgiving. I cross my fingers for it every year.

I'm also pretty sure Detroit just won their first game on Thanksgiving in like 7 or 8 years this past year.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK... I'm not too happy about it. But, I am hopeful the Bears can win it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK... I'm not too happy about it. But, I am hopeful the Bears can win it.

I'm hearing a lot of this, so I'm not trying to berate you or Leo about it. But why is this a bad thing?

I've heard like dozens of football fans saying they hate when their team plays on Thanksgiving. I don't get it. To me, there's nothing better than gathering with family for Thanksgiving and watching the Bears play.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing a lot of this, so I'm not trying to berate you or Leo about it. But why is this a bad thing?

I've heard like dozens of football fans saying they hate when their team plays on Thanksgiving. I don't get it. To me, there's nothing better than gathering with family for Thanksgiving and watching the Bears play.

Not for nor against the Thanksgiving game . Just think 2 Thursday games. Will be a burden.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why's that?

I love it when the Bears play on Thanksgiving. I cross my fingers for it every year.

I'm also pretty sure Detroit just won their first game on Thanksgiving in like 7 or 8 years this past year.

Not a bad thing, I just would rather watch other teams on thanksgiving. We haven't played well in these games recently. But it is what it is and the holiday will take on a different feel this time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I'm pissed is because Detroit always hosts the 11:30 AM kickoff game.

The night before Thanksgiving I ALWAYS, without fail, get absolutely wrecked with old friends and family. End up drinking into the waning hours of the morning.

I usually sleep in and wake up around the kickoff of that game. Feeling like absolute dog shit. Then by the time Dallas kicks-off I have a few beers and a turkey leg in me and I'm ready to watch football.

Oh, well. Sometimes you've just got to man-up.

C

cubzzzfanincali

just don't go to sleep. Keep on truckin right through the morning. You'll be in prime form by kickoff. I'll bet that's bmackwhy's plan.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pissed off too. As bad as the Lions had been for a decade, the league kept giving them top notch teams to play on Thanksgiving (Pats, Colts, Pack etc.). Lately the games between Detroit and Chicago have been competitive and testy. So not only do we get what should be another pretty good team, we get a team looking for revenge from last year only a few years removed from the Suh Thanksgiving debacle. While most people just want good, competitive games and I do believe that Detroit/Chicago can give us that, I was looking forward to a curb stomping the BILLS!!!!

C

cubzzzfanincali

I guess I'm the only happy about this. Not only do I think it works out because it factors into a late season rest, but I love watching the Bears on Thanksgiving.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no, no... I'm happy about this as well. It actually gives me something to do on Thanksgiving Day.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm the only happy about this. Not only do I think it works out because it factors into a late season rest, but I love watching the Bears on Thanksgiving.

I feel the exact same way. Like I said, I cross my fingers for it every year. I hope this becomes a trend for this decade, like GB/DET was starting to become.