• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions sign Golden Tate

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ broncosmitty .... So you were pretty focused on one or two players and since they signed with other teams your gonna pout. This is what I've missed about the message board community.

Holy hell! It finally dawned on me who you are. Been awhile.... been a loooong while. (I wasn't focused on one or two players btw.)

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you have bakeries open late at night.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avatar bet. I guarantee they sign at least one defensive FA. Probably two. Put your avatar where your fingers are.

I'll take that bet as long as the average salary is $6MM or more for two players without Suh extending to free up cap room. We can sign all the league minimum backup-backups we want but they won't be starting-caliber players which is what we need.

NOW, if in the next few days Suh extends and $10MM in cap space is created this year, I take it all back. The average salary isn't crazy for Tate - it's just not a good use of the remaining cap space if nothing else is changing.

And, for the record, I don't want a safety in the first unless we trade back. Take Barr and get a guy who can RUN on the outside, or Gilbert. No Evans now, but if for some reason Watkins fell take him anyways. The only thing that is off the table for me now is taking a tackle because we have too many glaring holes.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take that bet as long as the average salary is $6MM or more for two players without Suh extending to free up cap room. We can sign all the league minimum backup-backups we want but they won't be starting-caliber players which is what we need.

NOW, if in the next few days Suh extends and $10MM in cap space is created this year, I take it all back. The average salary isn't crazy for Tate - it's just not a good use of the remaining cap space if nothing else is changing.

And, for the record, I don't want a safety in the first unless we trade back. Take Barr and get a guy who can RUN on the outside, or Gilbert. No Evans now, but if for some reason Watkins fell take him anyways. The only thing that is off the table for me now is taking a tackle because we have too many glaring holes.

Naughtymax,

You basically just said the exact same thing I did when he offered the bet and it seems we are thinking along the exact same lines on the makeup of the roster too.

Tate makes the Lions are more exciting team to watch though. Unfortunately, it leaves the Lions in the same situation they were in defensively without the cap space to sign a player who will actually be an upgrade over their replacement.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell! It finally dawned on me who you are. Been awhile.... been a loooong while. (I wasn't focused on one or two players btw.)
:feedback:
Hahaha.... Not him. New to these boards but not message boards in general. As for whomever you were "focused" on ....at the time of comment there were only a few players signed to other teams that #1 warranted having serious dollars thrown at and #2 fit a need.

On the other hand its already been said that the player has to also want to come here. It's all together possible that the Lions were so far down or at least far enough down "your as yet to be named" FA savior(s) not to warrant the holy first day of FA visit.....and its not gonna do you any good to be "in their driveway" if they're halfway across country visiting the team they obviously most desire to be on. Some players chase rings and some chase dollars. History shows no rings and this year the dollars just aren't there. So please enlighten us all on what should have been done.

Waiting..........

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:feedback:
Hahaha.... Not him. New to these boards but not message boards in general. As for whomever you were "focused" on ....at the time of comment there were only a few players signed to other teams that #1 warranted having serious dollars thrown at and #2 fit a need.

On the other hand its already been said that the player has to also want to come here. It's all together possible that the Lions were so far down or at least far enough down "your as yet to be named" FA savior(s) not to warrant the holy first day of FA visit.....and its not gonna do you any good to be "in their driveway" if they're halfway across country visiting the team they obviously most desire to be on. Some players chase rings and some chase dollars. History shows no rings and this year the dollars just aren't there. So please enlighten us all on what should have been done.

Waiting..........

3 steps to being a Lions insider on this board:

1) Get hopes up about signing every big name FA available

2) Become increasingly disappaointed by the minute when said players do not become Lions.

3) Curse the GM, and shit all over the board.

4) Rinse and repeat.

Just wait until draft day. Some of these guys haven't been able to nail down a Mayhew pick in years and it always results in mass confusion.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I know what you were thinking but no way this could be the same guy. That guy would be furious about this. Mostly because it was a move the Lions made.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know which poster from CBS was cool and really knew his shit? Falconstud. He played ball at Grand Valley If I remember correctly. Too bad he never found this place.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I know what you were thinking but no way this could be the same guy. That guy would be furious about this. Mostly because it was a move the Lions made.

Nah, not him. Atleast I dont think so anyways. Maybe. But I hope not. I was thinkin' he was Kal. Sweet gun collection,.....same sentence structure...... New York. Guess I was wrong though. (Rob, not sure if you're fuckin' 'round or not? Quackerjacked is Falcon Stud. That's why I said "FS called me a Twat,"...... cuz he did. I wasn't pissed about it. And didn't imply you said it. Hope that clears that up.)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Rob, not sure if you're fuckin' 'round or not? Quackerjacked is Falcon Stud. That's why I said "FS called me a Twat,"...... cuz he did. I wasn't pissed about it. And didn't imply you said it. Hope that clears that up.)

No I'm not kidding. I am way far out of the loop apparently. WTF.

I thought FS was a fat finger for PS: which is why I read it as you accusing me. My bad.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back Falconstud! Apparently.

:suds:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm not kidding. I am way far out of the loop apparently. WTF.

I thought FS was a fat finger for PS: which is why I read it as you accusing me. My bad.

Hahahahahaha. I thought Mamba might have sent you some Pineapple Express thru the mail, early morning bong rips or some shit. (I thought 50 was 70 last night, it happens.):suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm big time on the defensive after last weeks shit storm. Ready to fight everybody. Need to chill.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you agree with this move or not, this team has many needs. Secondary must be addressed. If they don't address it(before the season starts) I'll be fucking pissed off too. I like the Tate signing. I'd have preferred a solid secondary addition. Hopefully these holes get filled with quality players instead of typical stop-gappers. Hard to see how they can from where I'm sitting but I'd rather just wait and see.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that were back to Kumbaya... The Tate signing is seriously fucking with my head. (Me hating his bitchass doesnt help anything.)We're short a DE, a safety and a corner.(Plus a tight end) Unless money shows up outta nowhere were stuck with rookies(or Taylor, Carey, Houston and Slay) or veteran scabs. And I wanted more veteran scab receivers(New Guy, there's about 7000 posts of what I want the Lions to do, on this board, I can't fit it all in one post man.) like better versions of Ogletree. How's a Twat supposed to go about his day with all that weighing him down? Huh?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who out there still is an upgrade over Delmas, who hasn't practiced in 3 years? Probably a lot of guys.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm big time on the defensive after last weeks shit storm. Ready to fight everybody. Need to chill.

Understandable. Im in the death throws of knee jerk mode still. We were on the same page when Whiz bailed on us and everybody and their brother decided we needed to be cool with it 12 minutes later. Same feel on this one. For me anyway. (Im still pissed Jim II couldn't land Coach Lazer, Jim Bob Cooter helped, but not in a good way.)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable. Im in the death throws of knee jerk mode still. We were on the same page when Whiz bailed on us and everybody and their brother decided we needed to be cool with it 12 minutes later. Same feel on this one. For me anyway. (Im still pissed Jim II couldn't land Coach Lazer, Jim Bob Cooter helped, but not in a good way.)

I'm very vanilla on the entire Caldwell era. I think it's the Mayhew stink. Probably never truly get super on board until he is gone. But I'm trying.

I do like the Tate signing.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that were back to Kumbaya... The Tate signing is seriously fucking with my head. (Me hating his bitchass doesnt help anything.)We're short a DE, a safety and a corner.(Plus a tight end) Unless money shows up outta nowhere were stuck with rookies(or Taylor, Carey, Houston and Slay) or veteran scabs. And I wanted more veteran scab receivers(New Guy, there's about 7000 posts of what I want the Lions to do, on this board, I can't fit it all in one post man.) like better versions of Ogletree. How's a Twat supposed to go about his day with all that weighing him down? Huh?

Twats that? I **** hear you.

Sounds like I'm higher on slay than you are. I wanted a Houston replacement. The CB's that were better than him are gone now. With Delmas gone, I see Safety as the bigger need. Still hoping Young comes back to fill the DE need too.