• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions now looking at Tate

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We currently have approximately 7.5 mil to work with on acquiring a WR, Safety, TE, #2 QB, now a possible FB and Center... Suh's forthcoming extension will provide relief for all the rookies and maybe a late Camp pick-up for ?6th CB? if we haven't drafted another one

Your numbers are off- we have north of $11 million in cap space as it stands now...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate probably showed up, saw all this snow then gave Delmas a call to see if Miami needs any receivers.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not really. Defense gave up less than 20 points a game the last 5 games excluding the blizzard half in PHI. Offense could not score more than 1 td in a game after T-day.

Defense was not the problem. Offense misfiring was.
I am just off the belief that there is better value and better consistency drafting defense in the early rounds. I would rather overpay for proven offensive players than risk a first round bust.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your numbers are off- we have north of $11 million in cap space as it stands now...

That does not include the signing of Joique Bell nor Kevin Ogletree... We started out at approx. 123.3 mil in total contracts (11 million in space) before the re-signing of Raiola and the last two.

Dave Birkett reported yesterday that there was approx. 7.5 mil in cap space available after Ogletree and Bell (including Raiola re-signing)

But hey, others are always right. right ?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does not include the signing of Joique Bell nor Kevin Ogletree... We started out at approx. 123.3 mil in total contracts (11 million in space) before the re-signing of Raiola and the last two.

Dave Birkett reported yesterday that there was approx. 7.5 mil in cap space available after Ogletree and Bell (including Raiola re-signing)

But hey, others are always right. right ?
cap space is a moving target. teams always have some flexibility if the need to. not saying it is the right thing to do but quoting salary cap numbers is often a wild house chase. Veterans can re negotiate or players could be released. none of us has any idea what the front office is considering. I, for one well be very excited when the signing of Tate is announced.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Bunch of Lions just started following Tate

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is frustrating. We have a team captain, who could restructure his deal and sign an extension, saving the team 10 million in cap space and instead he goes without an agent for a month and then hires one 3 days before FA starts. The kicker is -- he told Joique Bell, he hasn't had any contract extension talks at all with Detroit. Way to go captain -- Suh really is acting like he wants to sign an extension with Detroit.

Now in what little cap space we do have -- it sounds like we are going to spend the majority of it on Golden Tate, while ignoring the defense yet again.

I think the guy is a good fit, but if what they are reporting is anywhere near what he receives (reported in the 7 million range a year) -- I will be convinced the Lions only goal is to try and win games 38-35. Hell -- we might as well trade up into the top 5 to pick Watkins too. Don Carey can be our starting safety, Ashlee Palmer can be the OLB, we can go with only 3 DE's and Mike Williams can be our TE.

UGH -- at what point do the Lions start focusing on their defense, instead of going for the next shiny toy for the offense that has ranked 6th, 3rd and 5th overall the last 3 years?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where do you get this figure from? At no point have I read where the Lions had close to 15 milion in cap space and we've already re-signed multiple FA of our own.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you get this figure from? At no point have I read where the Lions had close to 15 milion in cap space and we've already re-signed multiple FA of our own.

Close to $15 million? Wow, I get that you're being pissy because we just signed a good free agent, but adding $4 million onto the number that I posted just for dramatic effect is kind of childish, imo.

I read it on Mlive a few days ago, but it'll be a bit lower after re-signing Bell. Ogletree's contract was for the veteran minimum, so not sure if that makes our top 53 contracts that count against the cap. If it does it'll bump another contract off the list, so it's not a full shot against our cap space either way...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't say we had close to $15 mil. Although I suppose "north of $11mil" could mean "close to $15mil". ;)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't say we had close to $15 mil. Although I suppose "north of $11mil" could mean "close to $15mil". ;)

He's just pissed because for some reason he thinks we can only address the offense or the defense. Apparently we aren't allowed to sign any defensive players now that we brought in a WR...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At no point have I read where the Lions had close to 15 million in cap space

Close to $15 million? Wow, I get that you're being pissy because we just signed a good free agent, but adding $4 million onto the number that I posted just for dramatic effect is kind of childish, imo.

lol

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just pissed because for some reason he thinks we can only address the offense or the defense. Apparently we aren't allowed to sign any defensive players now that we brought in a WR...

What's going on in this thread? Catch me up please.