• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions now looking at Tate

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just pissed because for some reason he thinks we can only address the offense or the defense. Apparently we aren't allowed to sign any defensive players now that we brought in a WR...

Ehh, everyone has their idea of how they want to improve the team. He's entitled to his opinion. I was just pointing out that u never said we had close to $15 mil

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, everyone has their idea of how they want to improve the team. He's entitled to his opinion. I was just pointing out that u never said we had close to $15 mil

Definitely- sometimes it just gets old when people go on like a broken record when the team isn't doing things exactly what they want done.

Tate was a great signing, and all he's doing is bitching about it. Same shit, different day...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close to $15 million? Wow, I get that you're being pissy because we just signed a good free agent, but adding $4 million onto the number that I posted just for dramatic effect is kind of childish, imo.

I read it on Mlive a few days ago, but it'll be a bit lower after re-signing Bell. Ogletree's contract was for the veteran minimum, so not sure if that makes our top 53 contracts that count against the cap. If it does it'll bump another contract off the list, so it's not a full shot against our cap space either way...

TP -- in the last week, we re-signed Greenwood, Ross, Durham, Veidman, Stanford and Bell. You made this statement:

Your numbers are off- we have north of $11 million in cap space as it stands now...

If we have 11 million in cap space RIGHT NOW -- how much did the Lions have when they re-signed 5 guys to the league minimum and Joique Bell's contract?

That is why I said -- At no point did I hear the Lions had as much as 15 million in cap space, which is what they would have had to have to be sitting at 11 million RIGHT NOW after signing those players in the last week.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't say we had close to $15 mil. Although I suppose "north of $11mil" could mean "close to $15mil".

Please see my response to TP on why I said 15 million.