• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Gift Diggs To Hawks

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've turned down first rounders for him multiple times, in fantasy. Lol

Just meant I wouldn't spend anything higher than that on another RB. Id imagine they get a second and some pocket change for him.

The way picks have been thrown around this year after the draft I could possibly see Drake being traded for a day 2 pick.

Does Bill O'Brien or any of the pretend GM's have any day 2 picks left to give for Drake. Why yes, come on down BQ to let's make a deal (in my best Monte Hall voice) and give it away because it's now or next draft so it's not going to matter either way as it'll end up all the same.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sick of all the B.S. this regime has shown and all others over the last 25 years it honestly shouldn't matter anymore but it does somehow.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety Diggs: 'Blindsided' by trade to Seahawks

RENTON, Wash. -- Pete Carroll didn't think he could acquire a safety of Quandre Diggs' caliber to reinforce the suddenly thin back end of the Seattle Seahawks' secondary. Diggs never thought he'd be traded only a year after signing an extension with the Detroit Lions and less than two months after being named a team captain.

He was every bit as stunned as his former Lions teammates to find out he'd been dealt to the Seahawks along with a 2021 seventh-round pick in exchange for a 2020 fifth-rounder.

"I was blindsided by it, honestly," Diggs said Wednesday.

He was taking a nap with his 3-month-old daughter on his off day Tuesday when he got a call from his agent telling him the news.

"It was surprising," he said. "Super excited, blessed for the opportunity. At the end of the day, God has a plan for me, and this is his plan. It was crazy, spending the day with my daughter and my girlfriend and you get news like that. Of course it's major for the family. But it's work. It's part of it. I'm here now. I'm excited. I'm going to miss my guys in Detroit, but I've got new relationships that I've got to build here."

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^

fucking ball-less GM and HC can't even address the situation publicly about this trade.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way picks have been thrown around this year after the draft I could possibly see Drake being traded for a day 2 pick.

Does Bill O'Brien or any of the pretend GM's have any day 2 picks left to give for Drake. Why yes, come on down BQ to let's make a deal (in my best Monte Hall voice) and give it away because it's now or next draft so it's not going to matter either way as it'll end up all the same.
Texans still have a 2nd, two 3rds a 4th, 5th, 6th and two 7's.

Atleast that's what draftsiteDOTcom is telling me.

We have 1,2,3,4,5,5,6.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Options to replace Kerryon Johnson during his injury absence

Currently, Ty Johnson is the top option to replace Kerryon Johnson in the starting lineup. When Kerryon Johnson went down in last week’s game, Ty Johnson stepped into the starting role and after seeing 44 offensive snaps through five games, he got 49 snaps against the Vikings. His touches also went up from averaging 3.6 touches per game to 14. What didn’t go up was his production, dropping from 4.15 average rush yards per carry to 2.9 yards per carry.

Ty Johnson has plenty of upside, but he also may not be ready to take on a starting role. He’s going to get touches. Even if they add more depth to the position, the Lions aren’t going to add a running back who will step into the starting lineup and that means the team will need Ty Johnson to buy time while others acclimate to the scheme.

I have a feeling our middle of the pack running attack will go downhill fast.
McKissic is basically Riddick 2.0.
Paul Perkins is just dog shit.
I don't even recall seeing Tra whatever the hell his name is.

It's a damn shame too with the amount of draft capital and free agent cash thrown at OL and TE.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the 4 damn catchable balls right in his midsection that he's dropped so far and this is coming from the surest handed TE coming out of this past draft.

That is even another reason to feed him. If his hands are so great, law of averages says he should catch his next 9-10 passes in a row.
Secondly, If you pick his ass in the top ten... You are "ride or die" with that decision and need to feed him 7-10 targets a game.
You give the guy 3-4 targets a game after selecting him that high. It shows that either the GM or coaching staff (or both) are basically clown shoes and have no idea what they are doing.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why yes, come on down BQ to let's make a deal (in my best Monte Hall voice) and give it away because it's now or next draft so it's not going to matter either way as it'll end up all the same.

Unlikely.
Quinn likes to draft them high and then swap them for 4th and 5th rounders from the Pats a couple years down the line.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just bummed we could not find away to send the Pat's a few picks in the trade. BQ is slipping

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been a fan of Diggs for his tackling ability but wasn't impressed with his pass coverage outside of his 2nd year. The move to Safety helped prolong his stay in Detroit and I backed him even though he wasn't great in coverage. I don't know what happened to him outside of the injury may be limiting him. The same thing happened to Slay last year as he struggled in coverage. Being a DB your legs and ankles have got to be 100% healthy in order to be at the top of your game with staying in phase or you pay the price.

My boy was/is CJ Moore out of Ole Miss.

Maybe you're thinking of FA former Giants DB Andrew Adams who got the boot before final cutdowns.

Actually AA was my guy but he was picked up off waivers by TB I think. Moore was who I was thinking of. Maybe he can step up.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even recall seeing Tra whatever the hell his name is.

He was Aaron Rodgers personal assistant that saw action in one game this year from what I've read and that alone makes him a viable option to this team.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually AA was my guy but he was picked up off waivers by TB I think. Moore was who I was thinking of. Maybe he can step up.

CJ Moore plays ST currently or at least did. This roster churning daily makes muh head spin.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlikely.
Quinn likes to draft them high and then swap them for 4th and 5th rounders from the Pats a couple years down the line.

I think you've been spending too much time in those specialized shops again. BQ drafts players in early rounds and then finally figures out they're not what he wanted and then ships them off to his mentor along with a 4th and 5th round next years draft pick while only receiving a 6th or maybe a 7th round pick in return.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Patricia's very different reactions to trading Golden Tate vs. Quandre Diggs

Patricia said of Tate after his trade to the Philadelphia Eagles,

“I talked to Golden at length yesterday. I talked to him last night. I really wanted to make sure that he was alright moving forward and I know he’s going to a good place with some people that are going to take care of him.

He and his family are most important to me and that relationship will go a lot longer than football and last a lot longer than football from that standpoint. So for us, again, we’re just all trying to do the right thing, the best we can. They’re never easy decisions. But they have to be made and then you move on.”

There was warmth and sincerity of emotion when the coach talked about Tate’s family and the bond they had beyond football.

None of that was evident when Patricia responded to questions about dealing Diggs to the Seattle Seahawks this week.

Diggs was a team captain and one of the more popular players with Lions fans. But Patricia treated this transaction with a lot less emotion,

“Certainly, Diggs has been part of our team for a while and he’s a great person and all of that. And I wish him the best of luck. In the end, (we’re) just trying to do everything we can to help our team going forward. That’s really kind of the bottom line.”

No mention of his family, or any warm personal feelings. There was no emotion in his voice, no sense at all that he would miss Diggs in the locker room or the practice field or on Sundays.

It’s dangerous to try and peer into anyone’s mind, but the coolness with which the Lions and Patricia handled the Diggs trade relative to how they did the Tate situation a year earlier is so stark. Either Patricia and the team felt they were too kind to Tate upon his departure, or they just didn’t feel all that good about a team captain and defensive stalwart from the past four seasons.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling the Lions are positioning to trade for Vic Beasley.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling the Lions are positioning to trade for Vic Beasley.

another washed out over-rated player that hasn't produced.

Cool.

The Lions are on pace to end up where I should have expected them to be.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another washed out over-rated player that hasn't produced.

Cool.

The Lions are on pace to end up where I should have expected them to be.

If we send a late pick for him I’m all for it. We need to generate a pass rush.