• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Gift Diggs To Hawks

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he certainly played like he wanted out that last year. Looked old and slow and finished. Never played another down in the NFL.

Different system.

Different schem.

Different responsibilities.

I digress. :bolt:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell but so far you are correct.

I am no GM, I have a lot of documented proof on this very site about how much I hated the Ragnow pick. Quinn remains one of the better drafters the Lions have had.

Quinn's 2016 draft remains solid. Decker is solid, Glasgow has become quite good, Robinson is a decent rotation piece on the line, Zettel was a steal(Shame they cut him), and Dahl was a good value.

even other year he has pulled something out of each draft. 2017 he wasted round 1 and 2, but Golladay was a fricken steal. The rest is absolute garbage though.

2018 Ragnow, Hand, Walker, Johnson, Crosby, and Bawden all play within their draft slot. (Johnson has his injury issues that diminish his value)

2019 Tavai is better than I expected, Harris shows some potential, Oruwriye could become very good, Ty Johnson has value for a 6th.

It is not the best drafting ever, but better than we are used to seeing. It is a shame he is wasting any good will he may have gotten on a staff that lost the locker room almost instantly.

Also the top 10 on a TE, maybe Hock will prove worth it, but not before it is too late for Quin.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no GM, I have a lot of documented proof on this very site about how much I hated the Ragnow pick. Quinn remains one of the better drafters the Lions have had.

Quinn's 2016 draft remains solid. Decker is solid, Glasgow has become quite good, Robinson is a decent rotation piece on the line, Zettel was a steal(Shame they cut him), and Dahl was a good value.

even other year he has pulled something out of each draft. 2017 he wasted round 1 and 2, but Golladay was a fricken steal. The rest is absolute garbage though.

2018 Ragnow, Hand, Walker, Johnson, Crosby, and Bawden all play within their draft slot. (Johnson has his injury issues that diminish his value)

2019 Tavai is better than I expected, Harris shows some potential, Oruwriye could become very good, Ty Johnson has value for a 6th.

It is not the best drafting ever, but better than we are used to seeing. It is a shame he is wasting any good will he may have gotten on a staff that lost the locker room almost instantly.

Also the top 10 on a TE, maybe Hock will prove worth it, but not before it is too late for Quin.

Zettel had some value and I am surprised he didnt resurface. Could have at least been a rotational pass rusher.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zettel had some value and I am surprised he didnt resurface. Could have at least been a rotational pass rusher.

He is still being a rotational pass rusher, but it is on the Browns. The team that makes it feel like it is ok to be a Lions fan sometimes.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is still being a rotational pass rusher, but it is on the Browns. The team that makes it feel like it is ok to be a Lions fan sometimes.

this year he's been playing for the bungles which between the browns, bengals, cardinals, redskins or lions it's a toss up as to which has been the worst run franchises this century.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respect goes both ways as player to administration and coaches and vice versa.

This is the best point.
Coaches need to earn respect as well. Fat Pat riding Belicheck's nut sack to a couple championships earns him nothing.

He was supposed to help the defense but it is arguably the worst in the NFL.
From getting blown out by a rookie QB making his debut in his first game coached to back to back top 10 picks.

Quinn isn't as bad as Millen or Mayhew in terms of drafting. Your post is pretty much on point.

Picking a TE with a top 10 pick is simply a fireable offense, there is a reason a team picks in the top 10. Either you have no QB or your defense is dog shit, NOTTTTTTT because you need a TE with average athleticism.

Then compounding it by passing on an athlete like Metcalf in the second round because his dumb ass should of just picked Bush and reached for Alama Francis 2 was enough for me.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in other words he basically could no longer do the job of an NFL safety.

Most all players only produce in a system that suits them. Yes, his age was becoming a factor in his skillset but for you to say he could no play is a stretch, imo.

We've seen all too often where players are young and have produced with their current team only to seek the rewards of a new contract, go somewhere else and their play style doesn't suit that scheme because the coaches use them in ways that are totally opposite of what that player can do (too many other variables to write about here where it'd become one of my usual, boring, elongated posts that are despised).

Malcolm Jenkins was horrible when playing for the Saints but flourished once he was in Philly. I've got dozens of instances like this I could bring up.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then compounding it by passing on an athlete like Metcalf in the second round

You had me patting you on your back with an atta boy, you go, until mentioning Metcalf. He has stones for hands all too often for me.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quin was getting released whether he wanted to or not. No team even wanted him. He had to retire. Patricia had no issues in New England. Many teams coveted him but BQ convinced him to come to the shithole known as Detroit. For some reason you guys think you know more than the rest of the GMs and coaches in the NFL.

TPaulus, is that you?

You sneaky bastard.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me patting you on your back with an atta boy, you go, until mentioning Metcalf. He has stones for hands all too often for me.

All I know is he starts in 2 wide receiver sets for a super bowl contender and was the most productive pass catcher they had yesterday.
Meanwhile, LB help is tops on the Lions off-season needs list.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn remains one of the better drafters the Lions have had.

Can't really judge a draft until you see how many of the players he drafted get a 2nd contract or at least an offer from the team. Many of Mayhews picks looked great in their first few years too, but didn't end up sticking.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Diggs goes Patricia is a get players to fit his scheme guy not a fit your scheme to the players and i doubt Diggs would have ever worked out in his system, so getting a pick for his was a great move both for the Lions and for Diggs. The bad move was hiring an inflexible HC.