• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Gift Diggs To Hawks

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Options to replace Kerryon Johnson during his injury absence

Get on the phone for Kenyan Drake
If the Lions look to the trade market, Drake is the most experienced and realistic option player who could fill a void now and play a complementary role later in this offense.

The Lions were linked as one of three teams interested in Drake last week, and it’s been reported that he could be available for a draft pick — a conditional late-round pick (fifth/sixth) would likely get it done.

After starting 16 games — producing 1,532 yards rushing (4.6 yards per carry average) and 116 receptions for 936 yards — for the Dolphins, the fourth-year back has fallen out of favor with the new coaching regime and is now running third on their depth chart.

BB_72: I like Kenyon Drake and could see him as a possibility but nothing more than a 6th like they stated in this article but until this O-Line protects better I see it as a waste.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty damn positive that @broncosmitty and I discussed in the lead up to pre-season and before camp on whether KJ would make it to double digit games played this year. It's not happening.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team disappoints every damn year and changing owners or front office personnel or coaches will more than likely Never make a damn bit of difference.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty damn positive that @broncosmitty and I discussed in the lead up to pre-season and before camp on whether KJ would make it to double digit games played this year. It's not happening.
Oh yeah.

Guy isn't even eligible to be a mediocre back. Tez Tabor was an awful pick. But trading up for this guy, is prolly Bob Quinn's worst second round move.

Hoping Tavai was his last.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Ajayi.

It'd be throwing away draft picks at this point to trade. Two wins and 0-2 in division is already pretty much ruled out playoffs. And the run game wouldn't be very good with Zeke getting handoffs.

Unless Miami wants like a 4th for Drake.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quandre Diggs trade: The right move at the wrong time

That’s where my thought process starts to diverge a bit from what I’ve been hearing regarding this trade. You see, as good as Diggs has been for the Lions, he has been pretty bad to start 2019. Like Damon Harrison, Diggs isn’t playing nearly as good as he has in seasons past. It’s more than just not playing well, it’s playing poorly, and six games into the season we’ve either reached or passed the point when you can lean on their previous play and hope they’re going to return to it.

Let’s take a look at this in greater detail. In terms of traditional stats, Diggs has recorded 17 solo tackles through five games (He was injured against Kansas City and didn’t play against Green Bay). That’s the full list of his stats on the year, no interceptions, no forced fumbles, no pass deflections and no tackles for a loss. What about PFF? Diggs rates as the fourth best safety on the Lions roster through six games, behind Tavon Wilson, Tracy Walker, and third-round rookie Will Harris. Diggs also leads the team in missed tackles (tied with Jahlani Tavai with six) and has one of the worst tackling grades among all NFL safeties.

That is one thing I noticed too. I found myself multiple times saying to myself, WTF was that when he wiffed on a tackle. I am not as worried about Tavai tackling but it seems like he is already slowing down not even half way through the season.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions trading Quandre Diggs a business move, albeit a risky one

Diggs was not playing at the same level through six games that he did the past two seasons, hence Quinn’s business decision. Missed tackles were a problem early — Pro Football Focus grades Diggs as the No. 61 safety in the NFL right now, behind Lions teammates Tracy Walker, Tavon Wilson and Will Harris — and the Lions wanted to avoid Diggs becoming a negative influence on young safeties Walker and Harris.

Whiners will not survive on this team. You either buy into the system or GTFO. That is the only way it works. Still, all of a sudden we are thin at safety when it was looking very deep in pre season and it was no guarantee Wilson would even make the cut. Cant remember the name of your boy who was the last safety cut but maybe we get him back.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiners will not survive on this team. You either buy into the system or GTFO. That is the only way it works. Still, all of a sudden we are thin at safety when it was looking very deep in pre season and it was no guarantee Wilson would even make the cut. Cant remember the name of your boy who was the last safety cut but maybe we get him back.

I've always been a fan of Diggs for his tackling ability but wasn't impressed with his pass coverage outside of his 2nd year. The move to Safety helped prolong his stay in Detroit and I backed him even though he wasn't great in coverage. I don't know what happened to him outside of the injury may be limiting him. The same thing happened to Slay last year as he struggled in coverage. Being a DB your legs and ankles have got to be 100% healthy in order to be at the top of your game with staying in phase or you pay the price.

My boy was/is CJ Moore out of Ole Miss.

Maybe you're thinking of FA former Giants DB Andrew Adams who got the boot before final cutdowns.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one thing I noticed too. I found myself multiple times saying to myself, WTF was that when he whiffed on a tackle. I am not as worried about Tavai tackling but it seems like he is already slowing down not even half way through the season.

He takes poor angles in pursuit and has bad judgement in reading his keys but I'm going to give him a break as it's a huge jump in competition from reefer island playing (Hawaii) to the pros even though other Mountain West Conference players have made the adjustment.

I so wanted @broncosmitty player last year in Indy's LB Darius Leonard or BYU LB Fred Werner (49'ers). Oh well. That's life in a that Jim's wish/story.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah.

Guy isn't even eligible to be a mediocre back. Tez Tabor was an awful pick. But trading up for this guy, is prolly Bob Quinn's worst second round move.

Hoping Tavai was his last.

I'll bluntly (the smoking kind) respectfully disagree.

KJ at least started and produced and also RB were flying off the board at that time (I wasn't on board with the pick at that time but I gave in with a wtf do I ever know about these kids and how they'll turn out). Moving up and giving up additional picks for WR or RB or TE is dumb imo outside of 3rd day players drafted and I'd probably bitch then too.

Teez Tabor couldn't ever make the 1st string DB as the opposite CB to Slay. Hell, he barely played at all other than due to injuries of other DB and garbage time or end of season let's see how truly shitty of a player he really is. This has to make Tabor the absolute worst early pick but Jared Davis is next in line to occupy that position. He's a complete failure and pounded on the table to draft Davis. What a failure on my part for wishing that to come to fruition.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Ajayi.

It'd be throwing away draft picks at this point to trade. Two wins and 0-2 in division is already pretty much ruled out playoffs. And the run game wouldn't be very good with Zeke getting handoffs.

I'd hate to see any more draft picks wasted at this juncture but that fuggar BQ can't draft worth a shit anyways so my ranting about is meaningless.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you honestly believe that's what it'll take to get Kenyon Drake is a 4th rounder. I can possibly see due to Bill O'Brien screwing all other teams by wasting two 1st round picks (2020/2021) and a 2nd rd (2020) for LT Tunsil and WR Kenny Stills. That trade right there put onus on others to get decent value in trades. Hell, Hoodie just gave up a 2nd rounder next year for Muhammad Sanu. Sanu is a good to sometimes very good WR but he damn for sure isn't worthy of a 2nd rounder at this point in his career.

Whatever BQ does he'll fuck it up. PFF rates that possibility as a 92 if they're grading properly. PFF seems to be right cuz they graded my SportsHoopla booking at -46.8 out of a possible -50.0 (I think that's an honest and fair rating and that's coming from me so I'm all aboard in believing e'erything they put down in writing.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Johnson has looked pretty impressive so far. He is small so it's hard to see him handling the rigors of every down duty in the NFL.

Options to replace Kerryon Johnson during his injury absence

Currently, Ty Johnson is the top option to replace Kerryon Johnson in the starting lineup. When Kerryon Johnson went down in last week’s game, Ty Johnson stepped into the starting role and after seeing 44 offensive snaps through five games, he got 49 snaps against the Vikings. His touches also went up from averaging 3.6 touches per game to 14. What didn’t go up was his production, dropping from 4.15 average rush yards per carry to 2.9 yards per carry.

Ty Johnson has plenty of upside, but he also may not be ready to take on a starting role. He’s going to get touches. Even if they add more depth to the position, the Lions aren’t going to add a running back who will step into the starting lineup and that means the team will need Ty Johnson to buy time while others acclimate to the scheme.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we bring CJ Anderson back. He is lazy but there is not much out there.

Dont like the Diggs trade at all.

He couldn't sign on with Oakland or Houston and I just don't see it happening so that probably means you're correct. Leave it to Beaver BQ to continue to fuck shit up.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So our last 2 2nd rounders are Johnson and Teez Tabor?
Quinn's 1st rounders are as follows
  • Decker- Average LT in the Riley Reiff mold
  • J.Davis- Still looks lost on the field after 3 seasons, very few splash plays.
  • Ragnow- Solid but not high end center.
  • Hockinson- A fucking TE who thinks he is Carl Lewis.
Center and tight end are the lowest and most easily replaceable positions in free agency.
MLB and LT are hard to find but these guys are average at best.

Not to mention the fugger took a long snapper with his 5th round pick which he cut next off-season.

His 1st year as C at the pro level. I'll give him a break as he's mostly performed more than just slightly above average. Glasgow too even though he's a 3rd rounder.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decker is okay for where we got him. A lot of tackles straight bust in the 15-32 range. He could be better but he could be worse.

:10:

He isn't elite. He isn't great. He isn't horrible. He isn't bad. He's better than just serviceable, imo.

Look at what Houston did in this last draft taking the kid out of Ala State or Miami taking JuWann James years ago out of U-Tenn and he was horrible for years but then got paid after leaving Miami. We could have done much worse.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a Hockenson super fan. Expecting major things.

Not saying he sucks. But if he is being picked that high. He should be 100% featured in the offense. 7-9 targets a game easily as a seam stretcher or featured in the screen game. The rest of the time he can stay in and help the run game.

Over his last 5 games. His targets are 3,4,3,5,6. Sure that is on the O-coordinator more, but damn.

this stat above is mind boggling and mind numbing and my extra curricular isn't all that good to be in that temporary frame of mind.

How do they not focus on getting Hockenson the ball more often. In those 12 personnel situations Hock needs to be chipping at the LOS and releasing into the seam on quick slant or dig routes instead of Bevell mostly running the greater percentage of the time. Maybe it's the 4 damn catchable balls right in his midsection that he's dropped so far and this is coming from the surest handed TE coming out of this past draft. I still like the kids potential but it doesn't go over so well when you go back to the KC and GB games when he had the ball secured until he didn't.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He takes poor angles in pursuit and has bad judgement in reading his keys but I'm going to give him a break as it's a huge jump in competition from reefer island playing (Hawaii) to the pros even though other Mountain West Conference players have made the adjustment.

I so wanted @broncosmitty player last year in Indy's LB Darius Leonard or BYU LB Fred Werner (49'ers). Oh well. That's life in a that Jim's wish/story.
I'm pretty annoyed Blake Cashman is with the Jets.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly believe that's what it'll take to get Kenyon Drake is a 4th rounder. I can possibly see due to Bill O'Brien screwing all other teams by wasting two 1st round picks (2020/2021) and a 2nd rd (2020) for LT Tunsil and WR Kenny Stills. That trade right there put onus on others to get decent value in trades. Hell, Hoodie just gave up a 2nd rounder next year for Muhammad Sanu. Sanu is a good to sometimes very good WR but he damn for sure isn't worthy of a 2nd rounder at this point in his career.

Whatever BQ does he'll fuck it up. PFF rates that possibility as a 92 if they're grading properly. PFF seems to be right cuz they graded my SportsHoopla booking at -46.8 out of a possible -50.0 (I think that's an honest and fair rating and that's coming from me so I'm all aboard in believing e'erything they put down in writing.
I've turned down first rounders for him multiple times, in fantasy. Lol

Just meant I wouldn't spend anything higher than that on another RB. Id imagine they get a second and some pocket change for him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty annoyed Blake Cashman is with the Jets.

yep. We discussed him as a possibility quite a bit. I figured BQ/MP would be looking for some other LB that was bigger but didn't see Tavai as that early of a pick over other LB. I was a prohibitive favorite to be wrong again.

None of our LB are worthy of being dependable in coverage and it isn't going to change anytime soon.