• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Gift Diggs To Hawks

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the players are just tuning out Patricia once again.

He’s far less intimidating without his Gatorade fort and black on black on black 4 wheeler.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible. That was our worst look on D and that was his return game.

Yeah but he can't be responsible for all the carnage.
The lack of pass rush is alarming. We knew it was a weakness heading into the season.
I thought Flowers would help but he is what he is , a "pressure" guy and not a sack artist.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s far less intimidating without his Gatorade fort and black on black on black 4 wheeler.

He was super intimidating behind the gatorade castle.
Players knew he had fried Mozzarella stick catapults and vats of piping hot, sweet and sour sauce behind the walls for anyone who tried to breach his castle.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the players are just tuning out Patricia once again.

What do you expect? The players played their hearts out in GB to get absolutely robbed by the refs.
Instead of the coach sticking up for the team and taking the fine by telling the refs that they are shit.
The bearded bitch says "Oh well, they called what they called".
No players are going to get behind a coach that bends over to the league and Goddell instead of sticking up for his team.
Of course team morale goes in the shitter at that point.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Davis as a tackler but he can’t cover.

I see him miss a lot of tackles actually. When he gets there, he is usually out of control and slips off. He does slow them down enough for other Lions to come and clean it up though.

I’m a Hockenson super fan. Expecting major things.

Not saying he sucks. But if he is being picked that high. He should be 100% featured in the offense. 7-9 targets a game easily as a seam stretcher or featured in the screen game. The rest of the time he can stay in and help the run game.

Over his last 5 games. His targets are 3,4,3,5,6. Sure that is on the O-coordinator more, but damn.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they’re putting a package together for Von Miller? A past his prime pass rusher. Would be proof These clowns are in over their heads

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These clowns aren't gonna make it thru the season.

Cool. With. Me.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking down the financial impact of trading Quandre Diggs

Additionally, this tells me that something else is going on. I’m not going to speculate on what, but if you read between the lines on social media, there was some not-so-subtle tension between Diggs and management. You don’t post something like this:

(Reminder: Quentin Jammer is Quandre Diggs’ brother.)

This isn’t put out there right after being traded unless there was something you wanted to get off your chest. There’s also the fact that the Bob Quinn didn’t release an official statement like he did almost immediately after the Golden Tate trade last year, and there’s the interesting detail that Diggs thanked fans, teammates and the owners in his farewell, but didn’t say a word about management and coaches.

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much the going rate for what the Lions received in return from the Hawks in this trade, imo.

He was struggling this year from the limited time I have seen the Lions live. He was usually pretty damn good at bringing the opponents down quickly without giving up much yac. tbh, All the safeties have had huge lapses at the wrong time that have extended the opponents drives and usually had turned into giving up points.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Safety isn't high on the list next year if the right prospect is available even if it's early in the draft. Walker and Harris both have struggled in coverage at the wrong time.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team STILL lacks quality players in all facets and levels on both sides. You can pick your poison and any position could be the correct answer, imo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Diggs plays extremely well and much better with the Hawks and is used right as they scheme around his on-field talents.

Best of luck to you QD. I hope you have gone to the team that wins the SB this season.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quandre Diggs trade: The right move at the wrong time

That’s where my thought process starts to diverge a bit from what I’ve been hearing regarding this trade. You see, as good as Diggs has been for the Lions, he has been pretty bad to start 2019. Like Damon Harrison, Diggs isn’t playing nearly as good as he has in seasons past. It’s more than just not playing well, it’s playing poorly, and six games into the season we’ve either reached or passed the point when you can lean on their previous play and hope they’re going to return to it.

Let’s take a look at this in greater detail. In terms of traditional stats, Diggs has recorded 17 solo tackles through five games (He was injured against Kansas City and didn’t play against Green Bay). That’s the full list of his stats on the year, no interceptions, no forced fumbles, no pass deflections and no tackles for a loss. What about PFF? Diggs rates as the fourth best safety on the Lions roster through six games, behind Tavon Wilson, Tracy Walker, and third-round rookie Will Harris. Diggs also leads the team in missed tackles (tied with Jahlani Tavai with six) and has one of the worst tackling grades among all NFL safeties.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions trading Quandre Diggs a business move, albeit a risky one

Diggs was not playing at the same level through six games that he did the past two seasons, hence Quinn’s business decision. Missed tackles were a problem early — Pro Football Focus grades Diggs as the No. 61 safety in the NFL right now, behind Lions teammates Tracy Walker, Tavon Wilson and Will Harris — and the Lions wanted to avoid Diggs becoming a negative influence on young safeties Walker and Harris.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping these two idiots in BQ/MP don't sacrifice any future picks to acquire other players in hopes they think adding to the roster is going to put this team in position to make a run. I believe the trade deadline is next Tuesday and it's extremely difficult to bring players in mid-season and get them up to speed and rely upon said player having a positive impact (Snacks worked last year but that doesn't mean BQ has a proven history of several mid-season moves. Then again he hasn't drafted well nor has the coaching staff been able to get much out of most of their draft picks whether it has been wrong player drafted, putting player in wrong scheme and not figuring out how to properly utilize the tools said player has. etc.)

I do Not trust the management office/personnel or pretty much any of the coaching staff to get anything right. Bevell has been the one upgrade so far to date but he's also running out of 12 personnel almost exclusively and not utilizing the pass game enough out of that same personnel/scheme and the defense knows it. The flip side is constantly throwing almost exclusively when there's 3 WR. He needs to run the ball more often in that personnel. The defenses have already found out Bevell's tendencies. Until he changes that up the run game is going to stall.

They sure as hell hadn't better go out and trade for a RB because this O-Line still can't block worth a crap. Last year they utilized more zone scheme and getting into the 2nd level with their interior lineman and you rarely see that this year.