• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions/Dolphins Rush Defense Wager thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is finally looking like Suh the last 2 games. He blew chunks the first half of the season. For 20 mil a year he should have 10 sacks, 20 hurries and 30 tackles already by now.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all Bill Parcell's fault for passing on Matt Ryan for Jake Long. Seriously.

I've listened to many interviews by ex-Phins. They all say the same thing. Dang near every time Jason Taylor talks he speaks of that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On pace for career highs in tackles for loss 13(combined sack/run stuff), run stuffs 9, pass defenses 4, and QB hurries 7. I miss him

I will just say this. Do I miss him? Yes. Does he look like the same player that was on the Lions? No.

He is the Mathew Stafford of the Dolphins this year -- putting up stats when the game is already decided. In the 4th quarter of games when it is within 7 points, one way or the other. He has 2 tackles, 0 sacks and 0 run stuffs over 10 games. In the 1st quarter of games -- he has 1 run stuff and 0 sacks over 10 games.

He has been better over the last game or two, I will give him that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awesome. But if we can be serious for a second, the bet is about whose rush D is better. You'll never get me to concede that the Lions (or anybody) giving up the most rush scores this year is better than anyone. Especially when everything else between Miami and Detroit is so close. The Lions will have to show me A LOT more over the rest if the season to believe they're anything but an expansion team going into 2016.

You can be anything you want. The NFL ranks rush defense by the amount of yards given up per game, which is our wager.

NFL Stats - CBSSports.com

Here is the link for you -- don't worry that you don't see Miami listed. They put the really good rush defenses on page 2, because they can only fit 30 on page 1.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit to see you welch on the bet I goaded you into taking. Same way you made up lame excuses to get out of the regular season wins bet, as you know Miami has one of the tougher schedules left, while the Lions do not.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be anything you want. The NFL ranks rush defense by the amount of yards given up per game, which is our wager.

NFL Stats - CBSSports.com

Well that's not how Swarm measures it, and more importantly, nothing I agreed to. Bet is best rush D, not where does CBSsports rank them by yards per average. A .2 difference in YPG means nothing when the Lions are the worst rush D in the NFL in points allowed. And if the sides are switched week 17, I'll say the same.

Same way you made up lame excuses to get out of the regular season wins bet, as you know Miami has one of the tougher schedules left, while the Lions do not.

That's the bet you refused to take before the season. Only Big Blue had balls big enough to take that one.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the bet you refused to take before the season. Only Big Blue had balls big enough to take that one.

I agree. I didn't think there was a chance Miami would finish with the same or worse record than Detroit, based on their schedules.

I knew adding Suh wasn't going to change the fortune of the Dolphins rush defense (They need to replace most of their front 7 to change that around). What I didn't realize is -- Suh would have no impact on the passing defense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's not how Swarm measures it, and more importantly, nothing I agreed to. Bet is best rush D, not where does CBSsports rank them by yards per average. A .2 difference in YPG means nothing when the Lions are the worst rush D in the NFL in points allowed. And if the sides are switched week 17, I'll say the same.

The excuses are fun. Not as fun as picking out your avatar is going to be, as unfortunately for you -- the NFL doesn't rank rush defenses how "Swarm" does.

After getting goaded into taking the bet by me, I understand why you are making up the excuses now. Just take your punishment like a grown man. The more you whine and make excuses -- the worse the avatar is going to be I pick out for you. :)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was dumb enough to state they'd both have same record. Which they still might, but it won't be a the 10 wins I thought of.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I didn't think there was a chance Miami would finish with the same or worse record than Detroit, based on their schedules.

One had the 15th toughest and one had the 17th toughest coming into the season.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I didn't realize is -- Suh would have no impact on the passing defense.

He's had a huge impact on the pass defense. You're a stat guy. You compared Cameron Wake to Cliff Avril based on stats. You think if a guy doesn't have a bunch of run stuff stats, he's had no impact on the run D. Way more to football than stats.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The excuses are fun. Not as fun as picking out your avatar is going to be, as unfortunately for you -- the NFL doesn't rank rush defenses how "Swarm" does.

After getting goaded into taking the bet by me, I understand why you are making up the excuses now. Just take your punishment like a grown man. The more you whine and make excuses -- the worse the avatar is going to be I pick out for you. :)

Bet is best rush D. Not average. You're the one whining and making excuses every time you avoid the fact that the Lions give up more scores than anyone. Typical of a dirty street kid scam artist like yourself. This ain't Golden Tee, bro.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet is best rush D. Not average. You're the one whining and making excuses every time you avoid the fact that the Lions give up more scores than anyone. Typical of a dirty street kid scam artist like yourself. This ain't Golden Tee, bro.

I'm not whining at all. I'm laughing at you backpedaling and trying to come up with ways to get out of the bet.
You can continue to make up whatever you'd like -- it isn't going to change the fact I will own your avatar at the end of the year.:suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not whining at all. I'm laughing at you backpedaling and trying to come up with ways to get out of the bet.
You can continue to make up whatever you'd like -- it isn't going to change the fact I will own your avatar at the end of the year.:suds:

Back pedaling over .2 yards per game? GTFO lol

I'm still ROFLMFAO at your "business acumen", thinking corporate monoliths like Budweiser, McDonalds, Pepsi and Quicken pay advertising dollars per game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had a huge impact on the pass defense. You're a stat guy. You compared Cameron Wake to Cliff Avril based on stats. You think if a guy doesn't have a bunch of run stuff stats, he's had no impact on the run D. Way more to football than stats.

I agree -- he's had a huge impact. Unfortunately, it isn't a positive one. Miami is giving up more passing yards, more rushing yards, obviously more total offense, more points per game and they are one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

As I said already. He left the Lions of 2014, to join the Lions of 2010-2012 with better weather. Maybe he just enjoys being on mediocre teams.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back pedaling over .2 yards per game? GTFO lol

I'm still ROFLMFAO at your "business acumen", thinking corporate monoliths like Budweiser, McDonalds, Pepsi and Quicken pay advertising dollars per game.

Can't wait to share this one w my advertisement dept buddies.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree -- he's had a huge impact. Unfortunately, it isn't a positive one. Miami is giving up more passing yards, more rushing yards, obviously more total offense, more points per game and they are one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

As I said already. He left the Lions of 2014, to join the Lions of 2010-2012 with better weather. Maybe he just enjoys being on mediocre teams.

Dude just stop. You look like an idiot when you say this shit.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Care to make another wager? You can have the Lions, I'll take the Tigers. You name the price you want to wager on which one makes the most money in advertising dollars ON THE RADIO.

I'm already going to own your avatar -- Maybe I will take a picture of the money I win off this and make that your avatar.:suds:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude just stop. You look like an idiot when you say this shit.

Feel free to fill us in on where he has positively impacted Miami's defense. They were terrible against the run last year -- they are atrocious this year. They were very good against the pass last year, only giving up 222 a game -- they give up more passing yards than the Lions this year. They are on pace to finish with less sacks as well.

So tell us where he has made Miami a better defense?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to share this one w my advertisement dept buddies.

Quit acting like you have buddies or a job. We all know your full time job is the president of the Suh Fan Club.

And my wager is right there. Name the price. :) You may want to talk to your imaginary advertisement buddies first though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to fill us in

Us? Everyone else here gets football and understands he's having another Pro Bowl year. @Stomp posted his pace a couple days ago. You're the only one still in the dark.