• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions/Dolphins Rush Defense Wager thread

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 carries for 68 yards.

This is gonna be ugly by the end of the year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still got a long way to go to even up the rushing TDs. I figure if it gets to within 4 total then it's a wash. Like as in .5 a game wash. It's just minimal by then.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still got a long way to go to even up the rushing TDs. I figure if it gets to within 4 total then it's a wash. Like as in .5 a game wash. It's just minimal by then.

Imagine how bad it would be if the Lions were healthy this year. Miami is going to have to blow up their defense and start over.

Suh gets to go through another rebuild. Poor guy.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how bad it would be if the Lions were healthy this year. Miami is going to have to blow up their defense and start over.

Suh gets to go through another rebuild. Poor guy.

Levy is only guy that might have helped. Mathis was a blessing. Ngata actually being healthy does help some. Diggs IMO may be helping more than Wilson was also.

I won't use health for either end of the debate. They overcame many injuries last season. Either the depth steps up or not. No excuse, Colts are playing better with Hasselback than they were with Luck IMO. Steelers without Ben...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="TrustMeIamRight, post: 7615412, member: 4274]
Suh gets to go through another rebuild. Poor guy.[/QUOTE]

Damn good starting piece the Phins have.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy is only guy that might have helped. Mathis was a blessing. Ngata actually being healthy does help some. Diggs IMO may be helping more than Wilson was also.

I won't use health for either end of the debate. They overcame many injuries last season. Either the depth steps up or not. No excuse, Colts are playing better with Hasselback than they were with Luck IMO. Steelers without Ben...

There isn't a might have with Levy. He definitely would have helped. Teams absolutely torched us at the beginning of the year with underneath routes, until Detroit was able to figure out a way to limit that.

Ngata has looked like a completely different player now that he has his legs under him.

With other teams -- I agree, it is next man up. Detroit lacks depth though. That isn't a big secret. Millen left the team practically bare, sans Calvin Johnson. Mayhew did well signing FA's, but that isn't how you build depth on a roster. Too many blown draft picks add up, especially when you spend cap space to fix the mistakes. That is why he is out of a job.

Also -- I'm not making any excuse for the Lions. IMO, they have a quality starting unit (though they have some spots that definitely needs to be upgraded). They lack depth almost across the board though. About the only positions they have any depth is -- Safety and I'd say WR, as Tate could step in as a #1 WR if Calvin went down, as he did last year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn good starting piece the Phins have.

Agreed. The bad part is -- they don't have much around him though. Oliver is solid rushing the passer, but he is no help in the rush defense.

Other than that -- what pieces do you see the Phins building around with Suh?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The bad part is -- they don't have much around him though. Oliver is solid rushing the passer, but he is no help in the rush defense.

Other than that -- what pieces do you see the Phins building around with Suh?

Jones is solid. Will Phillips pan out? Can't say no more than Reid or Gabe will. Right now after you get past Quinn and Ziggy, who do the Lions have?

Mike you have to get past this hold up with the Dolphins. IMO the Lions D is no better at the moment. I see Austin being the difference again. Did it really take all-pro players around Suh in Detroit with the right coach? Coaching matters, as I keep stressing that. Lombardi and Cooter with same personnel proves it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a might have with Levy. He definitely would have helped.

This opinion has turned Levy into a martyr in Detroit. 1) He will never be the same again. 2) We have zero evidence to prove this theory without him playing this year without Suh and our line in front of him. 3) Levy will always and forever (to some Lions fans) as the guy who would have led this D to the playoffs this year if healthy. Fans will be talking about Levy like this for Thanksgivings for the rest of their lives.

"Levy was the D, not Suh! If Levy doesn't get hurt, we win. No maybe's about it!"

Levy blowing out his hip riding that airplane/Chilean hooker wad the best thing to ever happen to his legacy.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This opinion has turned Levy into a martyr in Detroit. 1) He will never be the same again. 2) We have zero evidence to prove this theory without him playing this year without Suh and our line in front of him. 3) Levy will always and forever (to some Lions fans) as the guy who would have led this D to the playoffs this year if healthy. Fans will be talking about Levy like this for Thanksgivings for the rest of their lives.

"Levy was the D, not Suh! If Levy doesn't get hurt, we win. No maybe's about it!"

Levy blowing out his hip riding that airplane/Chilean hooker wad the best thing to ever happen to his legacy.

Lets hope not. Tully still cant cover anyone and could be gone next year and Van Noy is looking like a bust. We have Bynes and Woodhead (and Woodhead has regressed a little). We are so thin at LB already so I would hate to see Levy flame out as well.

Surprised this D is doing as well as it is. Losing Mathis helped as the young guys are now better than him and showing it. Ziggy wreaking havoc the last few weeks has made a huge difference too.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope not. Tully still cant cover anyone and could be gone next year and Van Noy is looking like a bust. We have Bynes and Woodhead (and Woodhead has regressed a little). We are so thin at LB already so I would hate to see Levy flame out as well.

Surprised this D is doing as well as it is. Losing Mathis helped as the young guys are now better than him and showing it. Ziggy wreaking havoc the last few weeks has made a huge difference too.

I underestimated my own guy, failing to recognize Ansah's continued improvement. Can you imagine if he was still playing next to Suh? He has in many ways, replaced Suh as the leader and blanket of our D. We still need a bunch of pieces, but building around Ansah is a great place to be.

Levy, just being realistic, can't see him coming back and being the same at 30 w that hip. We need to seriously revamp our LB corp beginning this off season.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is solid. Will Phillips pan out? Can't say no more than Reid or Gabe will. Right now after you get past Quinn and Ziggy, who do the Lions have?

Mike you have to get past this hold up with the Dolphins. IMO the Lions D is no better at the moment. I see Austin being the difference again. Did it really take all-pro players around Suh in Detroit with the right coach? Coaching matters, as I keep stressing that. Lombardi and Cooter with same personnel proves it.

I'm not even thinking about Reid or Gabe. Detroit definitely needs to draft a DT.

As far as who the Lions have other than Quinn and Ziggy:

DeAndre Levy -- we don't know the extent of his injury and it very well could slow him down. We don't know. He is also 28, not 30 and coming off a season where he was named to the 2nd team All-Pro as an OLB.

Darius Slay -- Since Mathis went down and the Lions scrapped Slay on one side, Mathis on the other -- he has been unbelievable completely shutting down James Jones. Holding Amari Cooper to one catch and shutting down Jordan Mathews, even though he did score a garbage TD against the backups.

With Quinn, Ziggy, Levy and Slay -- Detroit has a playmaker at every level, which makes it much easier to build around.

They still need a DT (man would Aaron Donald look great in Detroit), a MLB that can cover (Tulloch is useless now) and a CB opposite Slay.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You want evidence how having Suh doesn't make or break a player. Watch a Dolphins game. Their leading tackler on the season is a safety. Not only is he leading the team -- he has 30 tackles more than any LB'er.

And I'm still waiting on the response where Suh has made the Dolphins a better defense from last year? You disappeared when I asked you this question last time. Or does Suh only make players better than they are in Detroit and not Miami?:L

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy, just being realistic, can't see him coming back and being the same at 30 w that hip. We need to seriously revamp our LB corp beginning this off season.

Be realistic and fill the rest of in on the hip injury, since it seems you have inside knowledge. And you don't have to worry about him being the same at age 30 next year -- he doesn't turn 30 until 2017. :)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want evidence how having Suh doesn't make or break a player. Watch a Dolphins game. Their leading tackler on the season is a safety. Not only is he leading the team -- he has 30 tackles more than any LB'er.

And I'm still waiting on the response where Suh has made the Dolphins a better defense from last year? You disappeared when I asked you this question last time. Or does Suh only make players better than they are in Detroit and not Miami?:L

You've been schooled on this many times, by me, by Gandy, by Smitty, by Fog, by Stomp, and others. No one ever backs up your ludicrous posts about Suh. You just continue to look lost and spiteful with these posts.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy will be 6 months away from 30 when the season begins next year. I told everyone he'd miss the season months ago. Believe me or don't. He's toast.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been schooled on this many times, by me, by Gandy, by Smitty, by Fog, by Stomp, and others. No one ever backs up your ludicrous posts about Suh. You just continue to look lost and spiteful with these posts.

Actually no -- no one has answered this question. The reason?

Miami is worse across the board than a year ago defensively.

Passing defense. 6th in the NFL in 2014. Add Suh -- pass defense 18th in the NFL

Rush defense. 24th in the NFL in 2014. Add Suh -- rush defense 31st in the NFL

Total defense. 12th in the NFL in 2014. Add Suh -- total defense 26th in the NFL.

The only thing said about Miami's defense is excuses about the coaching. Seemed fine in 2014 when they were one of the better defenses in the NFL. Maybe they are just missing the play of Louis Delmas.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually no -- no one has answered this question. The reason?

Miami is worse across the board than a year ago defensively.

Passing defense. 6th in the NFL in 2014. Add Suh -- pass defense 18th in the NFL

Rush defense. 24th in the NFL in 2014. Add Suh -- rush defense 31st in the NFL

Total defense. 12th in the NFL in 2014. Add Suh -- total defense 26th in the NFL.

The only thing said about Miami's defense is excuses about the coaching. Seemed fine in 2014 when they were one of the better defenses in the NFL. Maybe they are just missing the play of Louis Delmas.

Yaaawn. We get it. You hate Suh. You'll say anything to make him look bad no matter how many people tell you you're wrong.

We get it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy will be 6 months away from 30 when the season begins next year. I told everyone he'd miss the season months ago. Believe me or don't. He's toast.

Fill us in on the injury. It is a mystery to everyone else, but you obviously have inside info.

Suh will be 4 months from 30. If Levy's toast, Suh's a bagel. :)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fill us in on the injury. It is a mystery to everyone else, but you obviously have inside info.

Already filled you in. Out for the season. Still tied w Swarm for sacks.:D